NFL 2019: Wake Belichick Up, When September Ends...

Jace, Extat

42 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

And both of us are among them, yes?  I'm not at all surprised by these numbers.  When I see friends from growing up, it used to be (as recently as five years ago) we were all Redskins fans and we'd discuss the usual fan shit like how the various rookies are developing and the need for another pass rusher, etc.  Nowadays, it's an even split between the people who have given up on the team and those who are still hanging on, and the discussion is just "why are you still doing this?"  Even the die hard fans acknowledge that there is no reason for hope, the team will be terrible as long as Snyder is there, and there's a real possibility Snyder will own the team for another 20-30 years.  It's just some people are totally committed to their abusive relationship. 

With that as the general temperature of the room, it's no surprise that ratings are tanking. 

Yeah if they lost me and you, I mean who is left? Think we were both among the leading edge in terms of how passionate we were about that team. Being in Denver, I used to meet up with a bunch of Redskin fans at a bar to watch every week and I know it's still going on but have to imagine the numbers have dwindled significantly.

I wouldn't know though. I stay home and watch RZ channel and my Sundays have been infinitely more enjoyable. And I think they're nuts for sticking with it. I feel like I was crazy enough to have stuck with the team as long as I did. Abusive relationship is right. Fool me 25 times, shame on you...fool me 26 times....

50 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

I wouldn't know though. I stay home and watch RZ channel and my Sundays have been infinitely more enjoyable.

Redzone is really ideal for fans of bad teams to remain connected with the league.  The fact that it also doubles for people who hate their teams is just a surprising bonus for the NFL. 

Yeah just saw the Fitzpatrick trade.  The article only said "a" 2020 first round pick.  Do the Steelers control anyone else's pick?  Cuz if it's their own, it seems really weird to trade it right after it just became much more possible their pick is gonna be a pretty damn good pick.

9 hours ago, Reny of Storms End said:

Schefter is saying Minkah Fitzpatrick to the Steelers for their 2020 1st rd pick. I guess the Steelers trust Mason Rudolph, or believe Ben will be back for a couple more years. Dolphins could end up with two top 10 picks though. 

I'm a little surprised it was that cheap, given that a number of teams were involved.

I only saw the first half, but I thought Mayfield looked horrible.  It was like every single dropback there was a receiver WIDE OPEN and he was missing them 50% of the time.  Felt like the score should have been 28-3 at halftime. 

Well this Jets reached disaster levels even faster than I thought.

Guess its time to pick an NFC team to half-heartedly root for and get ready for the NBA season. Hmm, I do have some friends that are Eagles fans...

13 minutes ago, Fez said:

Well this Jets reached disaster levels even faster than I thought.

Guess its time to pick an NFC team to half-heartedly root for and get ready for the NBA season. Hmm, I do have some friends that are Eagles fans...

The team that just got completely decimated by injuries on SNF?  I thought they had a real chance this year, but things are not trending in te right direction for them. 

11 hours ago, DMC said:

Yeah just saw the Fitzpatrick trade.  The article only said "a" 2020 first round pick.  Do the Steelers control anyone else's pick?  Cuz if it's their own, it seems really weird to trade it right after it just became much more possible their pick is gonna be a pretty damn good pick.

As far as I know this is their only first round pick. I was thinking the same thing. They must be confident that either Rudolph is good or Ben will be back for a few more years. 

2 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

I'm a little surprised it was that cheap, given that a number of teams were involved.

I'm surprised too. Not only that it happened for cheaper than expected, but also that the Steelers actually did it. 

It seems like the "price" of good players like Mack, Cooper, Beckham, Tunsil and Fitzpatrick are totally a function of how desperate another team is to get him or to get rid of him.  Tunsil is probably the worst player of those five, but he garnered the highest cost because the Texans were desperate and the Dolphins knew it.  In contrast, here the Dolphins had only the leverage they could get from other teams, so the price was just a first, with a tiny bit of change coming back to Pittsburgh.  If the Steelers pull it together and win at least 6+ games, then this is definitely worth it.  But if that turns into a top 8 pick, then they could be really regretting this choice. 

38 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

The team that just got completely decimated by injuries on SNF?  I thought they had a real chance this year, but things are not trending in te right direction for them. 

Would still be a step up from the Jets. And it would feel too bandwagon-y to start rooting for a team like the Rams, a team I have no connection to either.

Archived