NFL 2019: Wake Belichick Up, When September Ends...

Jace, Extat

8 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Strange year for Tennessee so far.

The Mississippi Moustache with stats tonight that won't blow you away at first glance, but rating of 108.  Very ready to jump on this bandwagon. 

ETA:  Minshew's 74% across the past three weeks is the best % since the merger in any QB's first three games.   

I like the look of his play, I really do. The first game I had no interest in his future. 22-25 is cute and all in relief against a shitty KC defense that was playing with a multi-score lead all game.

But last week I thought he played well in defeat. I wasn't willing to give it much credence, defeat and all, but he was on point again today against a good Titans defense. He really might be something. Not saying he's the next Tom Brady, but he looks a helluva lot better than Darnold ever did. Not to mention the likes of Bortles, Gabbert, and Mariotta.

14 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I like the look of his play, I really do. The first game I had no interest in his future. 22-25 is cute and all in relief against a shitty KC defense that was playing with a multi-score lead all game.

But last week I thought he played well in defeat. I wasn't willing to give it much credence, defeat and all, but he was on point again today against a good Titans defense. He really might be something. Not saying he's the next Tom Brady, but he looks a helluva lot better than Darnold ever did. Not to mention the likes of Bortles, Gabbert, and Mariotta.

Darnold was arguably the best QB in the league for the month of December last year. 

4 minutes ago, briantw said:

Darnold was arguably the best QB in the league for the month of December last year. 

When teams and players are packing it in? Color me impressed. 

And I just looked at those numbers...

16 for 24 170 yards 1 TD 1 INT vs Buffalo

24 for 38 253 yards 2 TD vs Houston

24 for 35 341 yards 3 TD vs Aaron Rodgers

16 for 28 167 yards vs New England 

Those numbers... are not what you described. That's 1 fine game and 1 really good game sandwiched between fucking putrid.

Like, i get that I don't exactly have sure footing on Rosen island over here, but I also never accused him of being "arguably the best QB in the league for the month of December last year. "

6 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

When teams and players are packing it in? Color me impressed. 

And I just looked at those numbers...

16 for 24 170 yards 1 TD 1 INT vs Buffalo

24 for 38 253 yards 2 TD vs Houston

24 for 35 341 yards 3 TD vs Aaron Rodgers

16 for 28 167 yards vs New England 

Those numbers... are not what you described. That's 1 fine game and 1 really good game sandwiched between fucking putrid.

Like, i get that I don't exactly have sure footing on Rosen island over here, but I also never accused him of being "arguably the best QB in the league for the month of December last year. "

I swear I remember reading/hearing that he had the highest QB rating in the month of December.  Either way, those stats you posted are enough for me to comfortably say he's better than Rosen.  

Not that it takes much, because Rosen is dog shit.  I was a Rosen believer heading into last year's draft, but he's lost me.  He looks like a shittier Jared Goff out there.

Antonio Brown sent texts to his 2nd accuser Wednesday evening. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/20/report-antonio-brown-harasses-latest-accuser-via-text-message/

Robert Klemko of SI.com reports that Brown has sent harassing text messages to the unnamed accuser who shared allegations with Klemko regarding Brown’s behavior after Brown hired her to paint a mural at his house.

“I’m on my knees painting the [mural], and he walks up to me butt-ass naked, with a hand cloth covering his [penis] and starts having a conversation with me,” the woman told Klemko. “Unfortunately, I’ve been tried [by men] a lot of times, so I just kept my cool and kept painting. After that, it all ended abruptly.”

Brown reportedly has sent a group text message to the woman, accusing her of fabricating a “bull sh-t” story in an effort to “make up some stuff for money.” He also called her a “super broke girl with a lot of kids,” and he encouraged someone to whom Brown refers as “Eric B” to investigate her in order to “see how broke this girl is.”

Brown also sent a screen shot of an Instagram photo of the woman’s children, adding that the woman is “awfully broke clearly.”

On Thursday night, the woman’s lawyer sent a letter to the NFL explaining that Brown is “intimidating and threatening . . . our client, in violation of the NFL Personal Conduct Policy.”

“Our client . . .  is understandably frightened by these text messages, which are clearly intended to threaten and intimidate her,” attorney Lisa J. Banks wrote. “While she certainly qualifies as a ‘starving artist,’ she has never approached Mr. Brown, nor will she, about seeking money to compensate her for his sexual misconduct, contrary to his allegations in the text messages.”

Amazingly, Brown’s lawyer was included in the group texts. Darren Heitner tells Klemko that Heitner did not advise Brown to communicate with the woman.

The league responded to the letter within an hour. Investigators will speak to the woman’s lawyers about the situation.

“This sort of intimidation and harassment is the reason victims are often so reluctant to step forward in these cases,” Banks told Klemko. “We have confidence the NFL and the Patriots will step in and end this behavior.”

The Personal Conduct Policy expressly prohibits “talking, harassment, or similar forms of intimidation.” The fact that the behavior has been directed at a woman who has made allegations regarding misconduct makes the situation even worse for Brown. Employers routinely take swift and decisive action against employees who are accused of misconduct and who harass or intimidate those who have made the accusations.

The Patriots, who like any NFL team wouldn’t have signed Brown if they’d known about the sexual assault and rape lawsuit that was filed last week, likewise have not been inclined to terminate the relationship based solely on uncorroborated allegations in a civil action. If Brown sent these messages to a woman who chimed in with her own allegations of misconduct by Brown, that gives the Patriots a much more tangible basis for severing ties with Brown.

Regardless of what the Patriots do, the league can take action against Brown. The aggressive and angry response directed to an accuser could be enough, for example, to cause the Commissioner to believe that Brown “may have violated” the Personal Conduct Policy as to Britney Taylor, justifying immediate placement of Brown on the Commissioner-Exempt list.

10 minutes ago, briantw said:

I laughed out loud at the part where it said the Pats wouldn't have signed Brown if they knew about this shit.  Like, they know now and he's still on the team.  They could easily cut his ass and they haven't.

I saw Jackie MacMullan on Around the Horn the other day and she had an interesting take. She said The Patriot Way (accountability, doing your job) is a myth dreamed up by the owner. The real Patriot Way is to do anything to win. Can't argue with the results. 

12 hours ago, briantw said:

I think it's possible that Rosen just sucks.  Like, Darnold and Mayfield were in pretty awful situations (at least for the first eight games for Mayfield), but both of them at least showed some flashes that they could be great.  Mayfield, even when Jackson was still coaching, was just making throws that were incredible, and Darnold absolutely tore it up the last month of the season.  

Rosen was just a dumpster fire of suck, and he had the best weapons of the three.  The dude had David Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald, and Christian Kirk had a really good rookie year.  Yeah, the coaching sucked, but it sucked in Cleveland and New York too.

12 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

The o line was putrid and Rosen led a game winning drive that cost Mike McCarthy his job. I think Darnold is the worst QB taken last year, personally. (Allen is worse at throwing but his legs are undeniably dynamic)

Also they fired their offensive coordinator like 5 games into the year.

Meanwhile, Gardna 'The Garden Snake' Minshew is at it again.

It really needs to be underscored how bad that Cardinals O-line was. Rosen was getting hit before he could even complete a three step drop. That’s no way to treat nor evaluate a young QB prospect.

And it’s going to be even worse is Miami….

Also, Jace, I agree to some extent. I have no idea why Darnold was seen as a top prospect. He’s got a nice arm, but his decision making is putrid. He’s like Mitch, but without the wheels.

2 hours ago, briantw said:

I swear I remember reading/hearing that he had the highest QB rating in the month of December.  Either way, those stats you posted are enough for me to comfortably say he's better than Rosen.  

Not that it takes much, because Rosen is dog shit.  I was a Rosen believer heading into last year's draft, but he's lost me.  He looks like a shittier Jared Goff out there.

Didn’t Rosen outplay Darnold twice when USC and UCLA played each other, with Darnold having significantly better talent around him? The one legit knock on Rosen is that he has subpar pocket movement, so it makes sense that he looked bad on a team with a horrific O-Line.  

Seriously hate what my computer thinks is going on when I try to quote people. 

So, this most recent episode with Brown has me far more up on just shit-canning him.  This is NOT because the allegations are any more gross or serious.  This is not merely an allegation, but an allegation with direct evidence that establishes that the alleged actions actually occurred.  Here we have Brown sending group texts to 1) the woman, 2) two hired lackeys and 3) his lawyer (that retainer must be fucking gigantic) and 4) the woman saying very aggressive things and then... attaching pictures of her children to the texts.  (That's an awfully nice family you got there; wouldn't want anything to happen to it, like say, having the lard-ass Richie Incognito sit on all three of them, now, would we?).  We have the texts.  

Its been confirmed- both by the reporter and the NFL - that the cell phone in question belongs to Antonio Brown; Brown's lawyer would not comment but did say that he did not instruct AB to make contact with the woman and then added, "You will notice I did not respond to the text."  There is also a rash of people- artists etc - who claim that Brown stiffed them on certain projects (I don't really care about that and do not think that in and of itself warrants a suspension from the NFL).  However, I heard an interview this morning from the reporter and he (and apparently another NFL reporters) both agree that 1) this story is not over and that 2) more, similar allegations are going to come down the pike and will potentially include criminal charges. 

I think that just given the SI story and what Brown did, something has to be done.  I hope that the Pats do it on their own and we do not have to wind through the stupid universe of the COmmissioner and have him make a dumb decision.  

On 9/9/2019 at 6:29 PM, Stego said:

Just checked in to slurp up some Patriots hater tears. 

And HOW STUPID does everyone who was questioning AB's mental competency look NOW? It's amazing. Thanks for not editing your old posts, folks. It's art.

Just a quick revisit on this one...

Archived