NFL 2019: Wake Belichick Up, When September Ends...

Jace, Extat

1 minute ago, Nictarion said:

I remember the Giants getting absolutely killed for that pick on this board.

I know it’s only one game, but maybe it wasn’t so bad...

So I think both QB's acquitted themselves well in that game, but the defenses were absentee at best. Every talking head will anoint him as the second coming, but I'd slow the roll. He played well, especially in the second half, but the Bucs, Giants, Dolphins, and Falcons are all in competition for worst defense in the league and they are goddamn putrid. 

27 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

So I think both QB's acquitted themselves well in that game, but the defenses were absentee at best. Every talking head will anoint him as the second coming, but I'd slow the roll. He played well, especially in the second half, but the Bucs, Giants, Dolphins, and Falcons are all in competition for worst defense in the league and they are goddamn putrid. 

I mean yeah, it is the Bucs. But they were getting a lot of pressure on Jones and he was handling it very well mostly. He did tend to hold onto the ball in the pocket for too long at times, but that’s kind of expected by a rookie.

I’m not anointing him anything but coming back from 18 on the road after Barkley leaves, and being already shorthanded at WR is impressive. It’s probably the first half of Giants football I’ve enjoyed in a few seasons. Hell even the D showed up a little in the 2nd half(and Jameis being Jameis helped of course).

I also still hate the pick. They should’ve went DE Josh Allen at 6, then whatever QB was there at 17. But what do I know?

48 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Bengals are definitely in the running as well. 

5 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Whole team sucks. AJ Green has been carrying us for years. Without him we can’t even win a game. 

Sorry buddy. At least on the bright side they may be forced to replace that ginger headed mutant if the team really bottoms out this year. There's a strong chance that there's 7 0-3 teams tomorrow though so (lack of) competition will be fierce to get Herbert after Tua goes.

2 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I'd max him out at 3 a game. Because I have a galaxy brain like Hue Jackson.

I still can't believe he had that one game where he had over 100 yards on three carries and he only got like one extra carry the following week. 

Mayfield looked a lot better than last week, as did the Cleveland defense.  But it is hard to imagine this team being any better than 8-8 with the O line playing that poorly.  Rams pass rush is good, sure, but that was ridiculous. 

EDIT:  But what can they do?  I mean, it's not like there's a healthy 31 year old pro bowl tackle just sitting at home watching football or anything. 

14 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Giants win! Eli Manning was all class on the sidelines, guys. Just a consummate professional through and through. You can’t say enough about his impact on Jones’ debut today.

As a 20+ year supporter of Eli Manning through all his ups and downs, I couldn't be happier about this. I'm glad he gets to finish his career mentoring the next generation off the field instead of struggling to look competent on it.

Jones' success makes the Giants future look a lot brighter too - there are real weapons there. My boy Evan Engram was a monster yesterday.

Archived