NFL 2019: Wake Belichick Up, When September Ends...

Jace, Extat

57 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

We're watching Uncle Rico's alternate life play out before our eyes.

Yeah, I never caught that movie. Ya' boys couldn't stop coming down with Jared Allen passes though. I loved that game for the Pats. There was no way that shitty Buffalo offense was going to score three times, so going super conservative with Brady was a good move.

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

They've been beating the piss out of Minn. Don't hold it against them that they exerted themselves in such dominance.

Full credit to the Bears defense for another dominant display, by completely suffocating the Vikings for most of the game. But they do have a habit of tiring in Q4 and conceding a lot of yards.  I wouldn’t be surprised if Q4s are responsible for nearly half the total yards conceded. That offense won’t build up a big lead in most games, so they really need the defense to play for four quarters rather than just three. 

Still, that’s a 3-1 start for a team with one of the worst QBs in the league.  And the Vikings, who should be Super Bowl contenders this year, are now 0-2 in the division.  I don’t know how they keep managing to underperform with Diggs, Thielen, Cook and a very good defense.

For the Bears, hopefully Gabriel and Smith return quickly.  They have the long travel to London and back, which could disrupt their rhythm badly.  I hope Trubiskey isn’t too badly hurt but he’s just not that much of a loss either way.

37 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Full credit to the Bears defense for another dominant display, by completely suffocating the Vikings for most of the game. But they do have a habit of tiring in Q4 and conceding a lot of yards.  I wouldn’t be surprised if Q4s are responsible for nearly half the total yards conceded. That offense won’t build up a big lead in most games, so they really need the defense to play for four quarters rather than just three. 

Still, that’s a 3-1 start for a team with one of the worst QBs in the league.  And the Vikings, who should be Super Bowl contenders this year, are now 0-2 in the division.  I don’t know how they keep managing to underperform with Diggs, Thielen, Cook and a very good defense.

For the Bears, hopefully Gabriel and Smith return quickly.  They have the long travel to London and back, which could disrupt their rhythm badly.  I hope Trubiskey isn’t too badly hurt but he’s just not that much of a loss either way.

Partially because their QB is 4-25 against teams with a winning record?

1 minute ago, Nictarion said:

Disagree with the bold. Mike Zimmer is a good coach. 

He seems too conservative considering the talent he has on offense.  I don’t think he’s terrible but he’s getting less than the sum of parts last season and this so far. He has built and coached a very good team, but he plays with the brake on.

7 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Disagree with the bold. Mike Zimmer is a good coach. 

3 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

He seems too conservative considering the talent he has on offense.  I don’t think he’s terrible but he’s getting less than the sum of parts last season and this so far. He has built and coached a very good team, but he plays with the brake on.

There's truth in both of these statements. I think Zimmer is a good coach, except that he seems to see the offense as an enemy of his defense rather than an extension of the team.

Meanwhile, sucks to see Tyrone Smith get rolled up on like that. He's a great player.

Was at MetLife for the game today and I had a feeling that Haskins would make his debut today after Keenum shit the bed. Bad luck for the Skins that Haskins had as bad a debut as you can basically have. So glad we didn’t draft him. DJ threw a couple picks but was still poised out there. No more smirks Haskins? Guess there’s a reason we didn’t draft you.

Archived