NFL 2019: Wake Belichick Up, When September Ends...

Jace, Extat

3 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I only watched the 4th quarter, and for that portion, Keenum was actually playing pretty well.  Right up until that jump.  Such a complete WTF play, I don't know what he was thinking.  Like, was the call a qb sneak, and he saw it was pretty clogged up and made the split second decision to jump?  Or did he actually approach the play like "Move over LaDanian Tomlinson, Case Keenum is here to show you what jumping over the pile really looks like." 

Yeah in the second half he was out there slinging the ball around like vintage Sex Cannon. Looked amazing for a stretch but we all knew the inevitable backbreaking turnover was coming. 

The QB sneak on 4th and a long 1 was kinda a crazy call for a short QB. I think Case felt the only chance he had to get it was to jump. The game was so embarrassing in the first half I thought Gruden was going to get fired that night. Case played well enough in the 2nd half to make it look like the Skins were still somewhat trying. As such I admire Gruden for calling that sneak as a means to regain control of his destiny. 

1 hour ago, Bronn Stone said:

Billionaire makes problem completely go away.  Must mean definitively that there was no problem.

I'll reserve the right to a healthy skepticism.

A healthy skepticism would involve actually considering the facts presented, instead of just falling back on "Durrr, Patriots owner is evil and bought his way out."

I've been down on Kraft just for going to this place, but it's pretty clear the cops trying to make a big human trafficking bust oversold the case and made some pretty big legal errors along the way. I'm sure Kraft has the resources to get himself favorable treatment, but he doesn't seem to have needed to do much besides insist on due process and let the cops' fuckups unravel the case.

2 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Singlehandedly accounting for 5 turnovers was a tour de force performance. It wasn't enough to have a couple of the worst picks you'll ever see, he also extended the ball out on a QB sneak which you see all the time except this was in the middle of the field not near the end zone so it's not like the play immediately ends when he's reached first down yardage. The ball is just left out there for like 5 possible Bears defenders to knock out of his hands. Just magnificent. 

Considering it was the Skins-Bears, I want to believe he was possessed by the ghost of the Sex Cannon. Never seen anyone give less fucks out there which if I was the Skins QB is exactly how I'd play. Pretty magical night. 

OMG, you’re right, except instead of a Sex Cannon, we got a Sex Pistol. “F it coach, I’m going into the middle!”

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

OMG, you’re right, except instead of a Sex Cannon, we got a Sex Pistol. “F it coach, I’m going into the middle!”

Case Keenum should have known better than to try and force himself on the defense. He doesn't have the star power to get away with something like that.

15 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Case Keenum should have known better than to try and force himself on the defense. He doesn't have the star power to get away with something like that.

I know right. Who does he think he is, Tom Brady, complaining about the holding calls only for them to plummet significantly on Sunday?

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I know right. Who does he think he is, Tom Brady, complaining about the holding calls only for them to plummet significantly on Sunday?

I know you're being glib, but that's an example of a god using its powers for good.

2 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

(To be fair, at least they didn't misspell London Fletcher's name THAT way.)

If they had it would've been an amazing sub-commentary on the Redskins fan experience. 

18 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

A healthy skepticism would involve actually considering the facts presented, instead of just falling back on "Durrr, Patriots owner is evil and bought his way out."

I don't think its clear at all.  The idea that Kraft found the only brothel I've ever heard of that does NOT hire young women stretches the truth.

And I am considering them.  But not with a homer eye.

I have little and less interest in this petty squabble, but the lack of charges would indicate that these women were not trafficked. Kraft should still have faced some kind of penalty for breaking the law, even if it's a stupid one, but the sex slave angle appears to have been entirely baseless.

I'm just a Pats shill though.

2 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I have little and less interest in this petty squabble, but the lack of charges would indicate that these women were not trafficked. Kraft should still have faced some kind of penalty for breaking the law, even if it's a stupid one, but the sex slave angle appears to have been entirely baseless.

I'm just a Pats shill though.

He's still facing I think 2 misdemeanor charges of soliciting prostitution, as the prosecutors are appealing the trial judges ruling on suppressing the video, which of course, shows that he is 100% guilty of soliciting prostitution, LOL.  But, since he's a billionaire, he has plenty of $$ to keep fighting for years.  The silver lining is that if Bob Kraft is able to squash his misdemeanors, it actually strikes a blow for privacy and against police and prosecutorial overreach for all the rest of us non billionaire or millionaires....to prevent future stupidity like getting approval for secret cameras by claiming women are being held hostage at the day spa in the strip mall because there is 'too much food in the refrigerator'.  

From another Pats shill.

Kraft going to a brothel and getting caught, while hilarious, is not much of a story. There was a moment in time when it looked like he was part of something terrible, but that does not appear to be the case, so just laugh at him.  

42 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Kraft going to a brothel and getting caught, while hilarious, is not much of a story. There was a moment in time when it looked like he was part of something terrible, but that does not appear to be the case, so just laugh at him.  

I just don't understand how an NFL owner gets arrested for a crime he's obviously guilty of and completely avoids any kind of suspension.  Josh Gordon has missed most of his NFL career for smoking fucking weed and Kraft doesn't even have to stay at home for two games?  It's bullshit. 

1 minute ago, briantw said:

I just don't understand how an NFL owner gets arrested for a crime he's obviously guilty of and completely avoids any kind of suspension.  Josh Gordon has missed most of his NFL career for smoking fucking weed and Kraft doesn't even have to stay at home for two games?  It's bullshit. 

Unless they're taking picks, it's all meaningless and symbolic. I agree with your suggestion, but really, what's that going to do? I also have a hard time ethically bashing him too much here because I think what he did should be legal and well regulated for the safety of all parties involved. So at the end of the day, Nelson Muntzing him is good enough for me. 

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

Unless they're taking picks, it's all meaningless and symbolic. I agree with your suggestion, but really, what's that going to do? I also have a hard time ethically bashing him too much here because I think what he did should be legal and well regulated for the safety of all parties involved. So at the end of the day, Nelson Muntzing him is good enough for me. 

I mean, when a player breaks the law in such obvious fashion, they get suspended.  Will it ultimately mean anything?  Of course not, no more than the NBA fining billionaires a few thousand bucks for tampering.  But at least it's fucking something.  The owners shouldn't be above the players.  Kraft broke the law and got caught.  He should have been suspended, however meaningless. 

2 minutes ago, briantw said:

I mean, when a player breaks the law in such obvious fashion, they get suspended.  Will it ultimately mean anything?  Of course not, no more than the NBA fining billionaires a few thousand bucks for tampering.  But at least it's fucking something.  The owners shouldn't be above the players.  Kraft broke the law and got caught.  He should have been suspended, however meaningless. 

What should happen to my owners then? I think they lost a major lawsuit while they owned the team that showed they were complete slum lords.

Honestly, rare is it that someone becomes a billionaire without doing a lot of shady, often times illegal, things. I'm sure we could find far worse than a tug job if we looked under all the owners' carpets.

Hell, Jurrah probably has enough skeletons alone to nuke the league from orbit.  

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

What should happen to my owners then? I think they lost a major lawsuit while they owned the team that showed they were complete slum lords.

Honestly, rare is it that someone becomes a billionaire without doing a lot of shady, often times illegal, things. I'm sure we could find far worse than a tug job if we looked under all the owners' carpets.

Hell, Jurrah probably has enough skeletons alone to nuke the league from orbit.  

I mean, I agree that most of these guys are probably total scumbags.  I know the Browns owner is.  But as I said, if a player got popped for doing what Kraft did, there certainly would have been consequences.  Probably not major ones, but at least give the dude a token two game suspension instead of, you know, doing absolutely nothing.  He broke the law.  He got caught.  There's video evidence (pity to the law enforcement agents who had to watch that shit).  He should be suspended, even if it ultimately means nothing.

But the point is that a player needs to be on the field in order to contribute, so suspending him is a meaningful punishment.  Suspending an owner doesn't mean anything, lots of owners don't go to every game regardless.  I mean, you're claiming that there should be "consistency" in punishments, but in this case consistency is a joke whichever way you do it. 

Fines, salary cap reductions and draft picks are the only way to punish owners.  Anything else is just a convoluted way of trying to appear consistent without actually punishing owners at all.  

15 hours ago, briantw said:

I mean, I agree that most of these guys are probably total scumbags.  I know the Browns owner is.  But as I said, if a player got popped for doing what Kraft did, there certainly would have been consequences.  Probably not major ones, but at least give the dude a token two game suspension instead of, you know, doing absolutely nothing.  He broke the law.  He got caught.  There's video evidence (pity to the law enforcement agents who had to watch that shit).  He should be suspended, even if it ultimately means nothing.

What do you want me to tell you? We live by the golden rule here in the land of freedumb.

Archived