NFL 2019: Wake Belichick Up, When September Ends...

Jace, Extat

16 hours ago, dbunting said:

Partially because their QB is 4-25 against teams with a winning record?

I still remember that legendary 2015 Redskins team he captained that made the playoffs without beating a single team with a winning record. His "you like that!" moment came after a big comeback against a Tampa team that finished 6-10.

17 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Looks like the NFL just wants Burfict gone for good.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s played his last game in the NFL. Between all the concussions and suspensions I doubt many teams will even want to take a chance on him at vet minimum. 

3 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s played his last game in the NFL. Between all the concussions and suspensions I doubt many teams will even want to take a chance on him at vet minimum. 

He's no longer an impact player and he's not the kind of veteran that coaches like to bring in to help teach the rookies.  Plus, if you wash out in Oakland, that's usually the end.  Maybe he could play in Washington, but they'll have a new coach next year and I really doubt he'll be interested in that headache. 

19 hours ago, dbunting said:

So Dallas comes out from the half and marches right down the field up tempo and scores a t.d. then decides to abandon that and doesn't score again. Not sure I understand the logic there.

Dak, Cooper and Zeke might be a poor mans ode to the 3 peat Boys of the 90’s but as a Giant fan I have to admit your the class of the East if injuries don’t derail ya. Skins are done, in two weeks I can’t see us better than 3-3, with 2-4 almost assured with the Vikes coming off a bad game. Eagles could be turning the corner though. Watching Eli on the sideline wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be Sunday (went to the game) especially after seeing Jones pick up a first on 3rd and long with a scramble. I know we are a 6-10 team though. 

5 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

Wow, Burfict has been suspended for the rest of the season for head-hunting. Probably about time.

Definitely about time. The guy just can't learn. The Goon of all Goons. Good riddance. 

Who woulda guessed he and AB wouldn't make it through September at Oakland.

5 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Definitely about time. The guy just can't learn. The Goon of all Goons. Good riddance. 

Who woulda guessed he and AB wouldn't make it through September at Oakland.

Richie Incognito continues to be the beating heart of that outfit.

Should have just given him a lifetime ban.

Dude laughed and blew kisses to the fans after being ejected.  He's costing guys years of their lives every year beyond the regular punishment of the NFL.  Get him the fuck out of the league.

17 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

What in the good goddamn is a Ryan Finley and why are you trying to subject me to it?

QB we drafted out of NC State in the 4th last year. Had a nice preseason. His pocket awareness is miles better than Happy Feet Andy. 

4 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

I’m circling 12/22 on my calendar. We might be playing Miami for the #1OA pick...

Miami might be the only thing standing in between you guys and 0-16.  I just looked at your schedule and outside of that Dolphins game, the Cards, and the Jets it is fucking brutal.  

It seems like both the NFL and MLB have widening gaps between competently run franchises and those that... are not. Or are bad teams just more willing to embrace sucking, and good teams equally adept at extracting value/talent from them?

Archived