NFL 2019: Wake Belichick Up, When September Ends...

Jace, Extat

Thank fuck he's gone. I was willing to wait for an investigation into the trainer's claims, but that fucking text message intimidation towards the artist he harassed was enough for me. Glad it was enough for the team. He's a sick and fucked up person and bad news for anyone around him. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

13 minutes ago, Reny of Storms End said:

So this is the end of AB's career right? I guess a truly desperate team could take a shot on him, but I just don't  see it. 

Traditionally the team of last resort would have been the Raiders... Maybe the Jaguars or Titans should take him, just to remind everyone that they're still around. I suppose Washington could take a shot, since they have no scruples and don't care if anyone thinks so, and their WR situation is pretty desperate.

1 minute ago, Trebla said:

That seems up in the air. 

I had heard there was language in his Pats contract that could allow him to be penalized for, essentially, hurting the team's image. Threatening an innocent woman with pictures of her kids while in the team's employ has to qualify for that.

Theory is he'll never see the signing bonus; he'll only see the game check.  This will likely be b/c of language in the contract that days if he acts like a lunatic or, I don't know,  that's the children of a woman who once worked for him, they don't need to pay him. Im guessing they'll reach an accord w him for a portion of the money.

Or Robert Kraft will strike up a discussion w AB while v he's not looking,  AB will turn around to see Kraft naked w a tastefully placed wet nap in a strategic location. 

1 hour ago, Reny of Storms End said:

So this is the end of AB's career right? I guess a truly desperate team could take a shot on him, but I just don't  see it. 

Unlikely. He's too talented for a team not to sign him, though I'm not sure if it happens this year. A good lawyer/PR team can still fix this. All you really need to do is have him show some contrition and publicly admit in some way that he's having a mental breakdown and needs to go away for a while for rehab and therapy once he makes amends for the acts he's done (and he doesn't even need to really do any of this). After the heat dies down, have him do a bunch of PR to show he's changed and he's better now and, BOOM, someone will sign him. The only if here is if he can actually execute this, which remains in question. I still think he really is having some kind of manic breakdown because his behavior over the last 18 months has been fairly different from what I remember of him before. 

8 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Yeah, until he stops paying them, too.

Lol. I guess we'll find out if he learned is lesson. If not, he's screwed, and IDK about you, but AB does not strike me as the type of guy that has taken care of his money well. This could end up being a sad story in a few years, even it occurred to a jacka**. 

41 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Lol. I guess we'll find out if he learned is lesson. If not, he's screwed, and IDK about you, but AB does not strike me as the type of guy that has taken care of his money well. This could end up being a sad story in a few years, even it occurred to a jacka**. 

I'll really enjoy seeing AB get chewed out by CT on MTV's The Challenge in a few years.

56 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Given that the guy seems like a total piece of shit, I'm going to call it a happy ending.  

SNL isn't hiring undesirables anymore either, so that's another paycheck lost.   Maybe Nike will add to their stable and team him up with their contract QB.   

So..... Atlanta maybe in the South?   If Newton has less than two working feet.  Just when I was trying to forget about football after week 2, temporary global amnesia appeared in the news this week, perfect timing.  It's my thing now.   "Who dat?" indeed.    No, really.  Who is this Antonio chap of whom you speak?   

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Unlikely. He's too talented for a team not to sign him, though I'm not sure if it happens this year. A good lawyer/PR team can still fix this. All you really need to do is have him show some contrition and publicly admit in some way that he's having a mental breakdown and needs to go away for a while for rehab and therapy once he makes amends for the acts he's done (and he doesn't even need to really do any of this). After the heat dies down, have him do a bunch of PR to show he's changed and he's better now and, BOOM, someone will sign him. The only if here is if he can actually execute this, which remains in question. I still think he really is having some kind of manic breakdown because his behavior over the last 18 months has been fairly different from what I remember of him before. 

Yup. Many people forget about WR Brandon Marshall and the things he did while with the Broncos. Here's a timeline. He was eventually diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder and not only would he continue to play but he would later become a league champion for mental health awareness and an analyst on Inside the NFL

Of course he would continue to wear out his welcome as he moved from team to team. Former Bears head coach Marc Trestman was TERRIFIED of him. 670 The Score would often replay a press conference where Trestman hilariously stumbled on his words when he was about to criticize Marshall. When asked why a play didn't work, Trestman said "Well, Brandon ran the wrong rou...I mean, uh, we had a miscommunication." :lol:

I'm thinking AB is tweeting his way out of the league this morning. 

I have to wonder is all this behavior tied back to that hit by Burfict on AB a couple years back? I mean that was a brutal head shot, and his behaviour has gotten crazier and crazier since then. I've always wondered the same thing about Roethlisberger. Before his sexual assaults, I'm fuzzy on exactly when but I think it was at least a year, he got into a pretty bad motorcycle injury. He wasn't wearing a helmet, and I've always wondered if that accident changed his brain chemistry. 

2 hours ago, Reny of Storms End said:

I'm thinking AB is tweeting his way out of the league this morning. 

I have to wonder is all this behavior tied back to that hit by Burfict on AB a couple years back? I mean that was a brutal head shot, and his behaviour has gotten crazier and crazier since then. I've always wondered the same thing about Roethlisberger. Before his sexual assaults, I'm fuzzy on exactly when but I think it was at least a year, he got into a pretty bad motorcycle injury. He wasn't wearing a helmet, and I've always wondered if that accident changed his brain chemistry. 

Even the XFL had a spokesperson tell PFT that they aren't interested in bringing him in. If Vinny Mac doesn't want you, you're definitely damaged goods. Dan Snyder is still around though...

Should be an interesting afternoon in San Fran for the Steelers.

Archived