NFL 2019: Wake Belichick Up, When September Ends...

Jace, Extat

15 minutes ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

As a 20+ year supporter of Eli Manning through all his ups and downs, I couldn't be happier about this. I'm glad he gets to finish his career mentoring the next generation off the field instead of struggling to look competent on it.

Eli has been struggling to only look terrible for the better part of 5 years now.

I’ll address the quotes about my AB post later, but ugh, I’m an idiot. If I would have paid attention to Facebook I could have sat in an owner’s suite yesterday. Blah.

Anyways, the Vikings are looking overwhelming. They’ve been incredible outside of one disastrous quarter.  

37 minutes ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

As a 20+ year supporter of Eli Manning through all his ups and downs, I couldn't be happier about this. I'm glad he gets to finish his career mentoring the next generation off the field instead of struggling to look competent on it.

Jones' success makes the Giants future look a lot brighter too - there are real weapons there. My boy Evan Engram was a monster yesterday.

They still don’t have a deep threat and their defense is up there with the baddest in their history. Schurmur is not our coach going forward IMO. I can’t say I’m not pumped about Jones but this team is obviously going nowhere this year and needs to hit home runs in the draft and free agency to fix their defense, because they are truly awful.

3 hours ago, Maithanet said:

Mayfield looked a lot better than last week, as did the Cleveland defense.  But it is hard to imagine this team being any better than 8-8 with the O line playing that poorly.  Rams pass rush is good, sure, but that was ridiculous. 

EDIT:  But what can they do?  I mean, it's not like there's a healthy 31 year old pro bowl tackle just sitting at home watching football or anything. 

I thought Mayfield looked pretty bad. I know his O-line was a trainwreck but he was bailing even when he had a pocket. He was going full Gabbert out there at times which is an alarming development. Feels like Gardner Minshew II has stolen his swag. Baker needs to show up for his next game in a full on leisure suit or something. Can't cede the swag throne so easily.

Honestly the whole start to this season feels like many Redskins seasons of yore where the year before ended surprisingly promising, they added some big name FAs, and they enter the season with their chests puffed out and talking a big game. But that causes everyone to gloss over the fact the team has huge holes and the first recently homeless guy as head coach since the great Jim Tomsula. 

10 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

I thought Mayfield looked pretty bad. I know his O-line was a trainwreck but he was bailing even when he had a pocket. He was going full Gabbert out there at times which is an alarming development. Feels like Gardner Minshew II has stolen his swag. Baker needs to show up for his next game in a full on leisure suit or something. Can't cede the swag throne so easily.

I didn't say he was good, just that he was better than last week, when he looked horrible.  They only won last week because the Jets were on a third string qb who looked even worse. 

Best case scenario, Mayfield is still a work in progress and can tamp down on some of the inaccuracy and happy feet that has been showing up this year.  Worst case scenario...isn't pretty. 

8 hours ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

I agree. I thought he should've retired a few years ago but at least now he can fade out of the limelight with a little dignity intact.

And what, 70+ million dollars richer than if he had retired a few years ago.

4 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Honestly the whole start to this season feels like many Redskins seasons of yore where the year before ended surprisingly promising, they added some big name FAs, and they enter the season with their chests puffed out and talking a big game. But that causes everyone to gloss over the fact the team has huge holes and the first recently homeless guy as head coach since the great Jim Tomsula. 

I was thinking the same thing when I watched the game. There were times where he did have protection but he bailed out so fast the play couldn't develop and it led to incompletions.  That last drive, they had four chances in the goal to go and never once threw it Beckhams direction!? I think they even took him off the field for one play, WTF?

So Dallas beat the JV team Sunday. I was pissed in the first half and calmed back down in the 2nd half. Dak was pushing way too hard for deep balls in the first half. Elliot and Pollard were doing great rushing the ball and yet he kept throwing deep, offense has to recognize what is working. Made an adjustment at half and pulled away.  The best thing I heard after the game was Dak say, I was getting too greedy, I kept trying for the home runs when I didn't need to. At least he recognized what he was doing wrong.

The o-line looks amazing so far, granted Dallas hasn't played a team with a good, average, ok not even decent pass rush. This has allowed the line to get some reps together and gel since last year they hardly played together as a unit. Looking forward to this week against the Saints. Yes Brees is out but the team is still talented and has a solid defense. Will be a better test of whether Dallas can compete this year or will be another also ran.

Jalen Ramsey...man he would fit the Dallas defense perfectly. They play a lot of press man to man with long corners, but he would cost to much to acquire and then he needs a new contract. Not happening in Dallas but man would he fit in their scheme.

AB, dude tweeted away any chances at playing again by directly going after Kraft. The owners seem to rally to each other and I'd be surprised if another team takes a chance on him now.  I am not saying what AB said was anything but the truth, but you don't poke at the one that is taking risks on you.

39 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Sadly part of the Case Keenum experience. Might not have happened if Washington wasn't fielding a man with T-Rex arms at WR.

It’s times like this that one wonders what the Sex Cannon is doing these days.

Archived