Crazydog7

A Little Hatred Spolier Thread (The world of the "First Law" is back)

14 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Glokta really seems to have lost his touch over the years unless he reveals some ruse where he has known and made plans for far more than he lets on. But in all respects - preparing his daughter for the realities of Bayaz and the World, grooming the next King of the Union to the shape he needs to be, but down discontent, staying abreast of the latest intelligence, rooting out corruption and disloyalty in his own Inquisition - he seems woefully out of touch. Ome would think after Frost and Severard he would have learned his lessons too, but Pike is just screaming out “betrayal.”

I wonder who Bayaz has in mind to replace Glokta. I mean Orso is the King but he sure doesnt seem like he could be the next Glokta, steering the ship in Bayaz’ absences.

In terms of succession, i would think Jezal’s daughters (or there husbands) may try to push their rights/powers when they presumably return for the funeral and coronation.

Errrr....final though, need more Styria and Monza

I wonder if Glokta is just out of his depth in a rapidly industrialising world. 

9 hours ago, SeanF said:

I wonder if Glokta is just out of his depth in a rapidly industrialising world. 

If so he can’t be long for the world with Bayaz back on the scene. Hardly a man to keep useless tools around when they become obsolete