Lem Lemoncloack is secretly...

Daendrew

“He had bad teeth and a bushy brown beard, but it was his hooded yellow cloak that drew the eye. Thick and heavy, stained here with grass and there with blood, frayed along the bottom and patched with deerskin on the right shoulder, the greatcloak gave the big man the look of some huge yellow bird.” —Arya II, Storm Of Swords

Lem Lemoncloack is Big Bird, reborn.

1 hour ago, Daendrew said:

Lem Lemoncloack is Big Bird, reborn.

I have to disagree unless you can cite additional passages from the books.

The evidence is clear to me and I believe there is a general Big Bird consensus around this character:

Butterbumps arrived before the food, dressed in a jester's suit of green and yellow feathers with a floppy coxcomb. An immense round fat man, as big as three Moon Boys, he came cartwheeling into the hall, vaulted onto the table, and laid a gigantic egg right in front of Sansa.

Like a muppet, Butterbumps shows ability to engage young children in his interaction with Lady Bulwer.

16 minutes ago, Seams said:

I have to disagree unless you can cite additional passages from the books.

The evidence is clear to me and I believe there is a general Big Bird consensus around this character:

Like a muppet, Butterbumps shows ability to engage young children in his interaction with Lady Bulwer.

Yeah, but Butterbumps is a rooster or chicken if he has a coxcomb. :D

Lem Lemoncloak is a parallel to both Gregor Gerold Hightower and Arthur Dayne. He has the same physical description as Hightower, while his interactions with the common folk are more like Dayne. Then there's that comment about his soiled white cloak disguising his identity as a Kingsguard.

2 hours ago, redriver said:

Who is Gregor Hightower?

Rumor has it that Leyton Hightower conspired with Qyburn to put the skull of Gerold Hightower on the body of Gregor Clegane. When Ser Robert Strong takes his helmet off, he will be revealed as Bull Mountain. The Dog with the Hungarian first name will have no chance.

20 hours ago, redriver said:

Who is Gregor Hightower?

I meant Gerold, sorry. I might also add that Darkstar's given name is also a combination of GEROLD Hightower and Arthur DAYNE.

19 hours ago, McGuv19 said:

I think they meant the White Bull, Gerold Hightower.

Thank you. I've fixed it now.

12 hours ago, Lady Dacey said:

I never saw this parallel. Would you care to expand on it?

When Arthur Dayne was trying to capture the Kingswood Brotherhood and bring them to justice, he gained the trust of the small folk by paying for everything they took and by bringing their grievances to King Aerys. Its how he got them to turn their loyalties from the KWB to the detachment so that they would stop protecting them.

Lem Lemoncloak is an inverted parallel to both Arthur and Gerold. He has the trust of the smallfolk, like Arthur, and they protect the Brotherhood Without Banners. Both Kingsguard dealt with the Kingwood Brotherhood on separate occasions. The Kingswood Brotherhood is a parallel to the Brotherhood Without Banners. Both are considered outlaw bandits, although Beric's group didn't start out that way.

Gerold was injured in the first encounter while protecting Elia, and then Arthur headed up a detachment sent to hunt them down. Lem feels like both Kingsguard to me. His physical description sounds like Gerold and his relationship and trust with the small folk is like Arthur.

Circling back to Gerold Dayne, aka Darkstar - Arianne's group is another parallel to the Kingswood Brotherhood. Darkstar is the parallel to both Gerold and Arthur, and Lem Lemoncloak. Arianne's assembled group acted like bandit outlaws and kidnapped a nobel (Myrcella). Darkstar injured Myrcella when their group was disbanded by Areo Hotah, just as Gerold Hightower was injured in the attack on Elia. Arya was kidnapped, just like Myrcella, by the Brotherhood Without Banners, only in that group, Beric seems to be the one that gets injured repeatedly.

Lemons participate in Arianne's group, too.

There is the Dalt guy from Lemonwood. 

His family is a bit like the Daynes: the knight and his brother, who is also his heir. 

Andrey - from andros, it means a man, manly

Deziel - desilio means I jump/leap

There is something Daynesque about the Dalt family. There is also the Dalt boy, with unspecified relationship with the rest of the Dalt family.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived