U.S. Politics: Dirt From Ukrainians, Bombs for Iranians, Shut Down Your Brainiums...

Jace, Extat

7 hours ago, Bonnot OG said:

Trumps gonna win again because Biden is gonna be the candidate because Tom Perez is another useless fuckhead heading the DNC that refuses to put his foot down and show any leadership. Biden should be forced to back out. 

Theyre never gonna be able to focus on trumps horrible policies and bigotry if they have to worry about Biden’s fuck ups and shadiness

This is about some of the dumbest shit you've ever posted. If you want to guarantee a Trump victory in 2020, then the best way to do that is by prematurely forcing out a popular Democratic elder statesman who currently commands the support of about 30% of the Democratic electorate. That would make the Bernie/Hillary acrimony in 2016 seem like family getting together for brunch.

56 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

In an interview with the Atlantic today, Giuliani said he couldn't believe thw whistleblower was being called a hero and he was not. He told them, "when this is all over, I will be the hero!"

Remember back when he was a projected front runner to be the Republican nominee?

:lmao:

22 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Now you're cooking with gas. 

Do we know how reliable their polling usually is?

Its a top tier poll.   So this result is significant and if backed by other polls will increase the pressure for impeachment.  

The reality is that unlike all the other dirty deeds that Trump has done, we have clear-cut evidence of him committing a crime that can be readily explained to the electorate.   The democratic leadership shifted gears rapidly because this is a potentially winning hand.  Impeaching without a solid case could have backfired on them no matter how bad Trump is for the country and how many vile things he does.  Now they have a something of substance to work with if the public continues to back it.  

Listening to the wishy washy o so fair All Things Considered 'interviewing' people on their opinion of impeachment.

Among the many more than stupid and ridiculous things said and done by both the 'interviewers' and interviewees, are those who say whether or not they REALLY like Trump or feel only luke warm about him, or annoyed by him that this is a total, boring waste of time.  Congress should be working on ,,, and they name whatever, starting with climate change.  They seem oblivious that Trump and his people are blocking anything to deal with climate change, just starting with denying it is taking place.

With so many so ... so ... well anyway -- can anyone explain how the homo of saps ever climbed out of the primeval ooze.

21 minutes ago, argonak said:

I didn't think I could be more horrified by Trump than usual, but hey, let's kick it up another notch.  Good lord.

That's funny that the NYT highlights that after they (as others have already pointed out) essentially doxed the whistle blower. Never fear, though, they had reasons. 

Uh-huh. Yet I can't help but keep thinking about ol' Thomas Beckett.

----

Also, about that article that they published today regarding swing voters and impeachment? Yeah... 

It's a long thread but worth reading.

23 minutes ago, davos said:

Its a top tier poll.   So this result is significant and if backed by other polls will increase the pressure for impeachment.  

The reality is that unlike all the other dirty deeds that Trump has done, we have clear-cut evidence of him committing a crime that can be readily explained to the electorate.   The democratic leadership shifted gears rapidly because this is a potentially winning hand.  Impeaching without a solid case could have backfired on them no matter how bad Trump is for the country and how many vile things he does.  Now they have a something of substance to work with if the public continues to back it.  

Not to Trump supporters.. I've had so many of them reply to a comment I made on FB and they all think it's made up evidence to cover for Biden. All. Of. Them! I don't think at this point much will change outside off, as you said, independent backlash won't be as bad. 

40 minutes ago, argonak said:

I didn't think I could be more horrified by Trump than usual, but hey, let's kick it up another notch.  Good lord.

For the lawyers, isn't that witness intimidation/tampering and obstruction of justice?

He just can't shut his mouth. And we should throw those words right back in his face.

22 minutes ago, Trebla said:

That's funny that the NYT highlights that after they (as others have already pointed out) essentially doxed the whistle blower. Never fear, though, they had reasons. 

Uh-huh. Yet I can't help but keep thinking about ol' Thomas Beckett.

----

Also, about that article that they published today regarding swing voters and impeachment? Yeah... 

It's a long thread but worth reading.

The NYT works for Trump now.

2 minutes ago, sologdin said:

Not to Trump supporters

as i suggested, trump voters are impenetrable by the real.

witness intimidation/tampering and obstruction of justice

doubtful.  his allegation is that it is not protected whistleblowing--that's the typical state response.

What's that got to do with it? He threatened a whistleblower and source with execution for crying out loud. 

Archived