Season 8 no longer rotten in Rotten Tomatoes

Mordor

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Ghostlydragon said:

Has a final season of any other show been that low after what came before was a lot higher. I'd bet on How I Met Your Mother but that started sliding a few years before the final season. Although the final season was by far the worst.

The quality of the story-telling took a nosedive in Season 7, even if the Season contained some outstanding scenes, like the attack on the loot train.  The problems that had been building just overwhelmed the story in Season 8.

9 hours ago, SeanF said:

The quality of the story-telling took a nosedive in Season 7, even if the Season contained some outstanding scenes, like the attack on the loot train.  The problems that had been building just overwhelmed the story in Season 8.

Oh I know. Season 5 is where it really starts going wrong. 4 had some bad moments but had far more good than bad. I just meant that despite 5, 6 and 7 being awful, they still got generally good reviews. It wasn't until 8 that even the people who ignored the problems finally saw through it all. That's what I meant by 8 being the point where the ratings and reviews were really low compared to what came before.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2019 at 10:14 PM, Jabar of House Titan said:

In what world is a 60% considered to be "good enough."

Back to 56% now.  7 out of 13 critics rated it Rotten.

Critics were not as hostile as the fandom, but that's still quite poor.

On 11/7/2019 at 5:14 PM, Jabar of House Titan said:

In what world is a 60% considered to be "good enough."

The Rotten Tomatoes world, obviously.

The lowest score from any episode before the last season was Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken at 54%, what with the terrible fight scene with the Sand Snakes and Sansa marrying Ramsay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dexter basically had the same exact trajectory. 4 very strong seasons. Some fans debate whether the 1st (purists) or 4th (casuals) were better. Nosedived at season 5 with terrible follow through. Then we’re generic and middling with some bright spots over the next two seasons. Then came to the inevitable anticlimactic conclusion when the remaining holdovers realized the show was no longer the one they started out with. Both shows were garbage for a long time but it took knowing you weren’t getting the ending they thought to make people accept it 

Archived