TTTNE 476 - the ghost of series past

RhaenysBee

Welcome to the newest installment of TTTNE, a never ending series of threads to discuss everything under the sun as we roll past the holiday season and into the new year in the graceful, cinematic slo-mo of TTTNE present. 

What did have an ending, however, is Game of Thrones, stealing the Emmy for Best Drama just two nights ago as a final goodbye and (slightly controversial) end to an era.

In honor of, our theme shall be: best dramas of past, that is, all the concluded series (drama or not) we loved, enjoyed and still revisit. 

PS: tell me if you dislike the theme or title, people, this is a democracy. 

13 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Is your fiancee a Sith or a Jedi? :P Maybe the baby will take after her!

Also, yay, new thread!

Well she's not my fiancee anymore, we got married :P.

If I had to say though, she's probably much more a Jedi than a Sith :(.

@RhaenysBee I think a male hop hop still wouldn't bring much balance to the household!.

8 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Well she's not my fiancee anymore, we got married :P.

If I had to say though, she's probably much more a Jedi than a Sith :(.

@RhaenysBee I think a male hop hop still wouldn't bring much balance to the household!.

Sorry! Yes, I meant her. Forgot you got married. :leaving: 

Some other kind of male pet then?

32 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Sorry! Yes, I meant her. Forgot you got married. :leaving: 

Some other kind of male pet then?

That's ok :), and no I'm kind of set on a hop hop, or possibly a dog.

24 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Maybe her other mom will train her to be a stark Jedi. 

:o Don't say that, she has read the ASOIAF books and watched the TV series and really likes the Starks :(, visually she won't stand a chance to train them to be that way, blue lightsabers look rubbish compared to red ones, and what kid in their right mind would find a direwolf cooler than a dragon!.

15 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Welcome to the newest installment of TTTNE, a never ending series of threads to discuss everything under the sun as we roll past the holiday season and into the new year in the graceful, cinematic slo-mo of TTTNE present. 

What did have an ending, however, is Game of Thrones, stealing the Emmy for Best Drama just two nights ago as a final goodbye and (slightly controversial) end to an era.

In honor of, our theme shall be: best dramas of past, that is, all the concluded series (drama or not) we loved, enjoyed and still revisit. 

PS: tell me if you dislike the theme or title, people, this is a democracy. 

I like it! Now off to change my avatar.

23 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Welcome to the newest installment of TTTNE

Congrats on winning the race, even if it was a little on slow side by race standards :cheers:

23 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Well, that's easy :D

22 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

What if he's the Chosen One?

I just won a game of Catan!

Also there were a lot of probably more important and noteworthy things that happened today, but I don't feel like typing any more, so just have that. :P

ETA: Damn, I just tried to change my avatar and taking a look at the folders I transferred from my old computer, it seems like I lost all of my flower pictures with different thematic additions along the way. I miss my flower with a squid hat and all that!

ETA 2: Well, I found at least the spamsmoot 2015 avatars in old emails sent to me by @the maid of woodlynne. So have an avatar from the time I was a queen. ;) 

6 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I just won a game of Catan!

Also there were a lot of probably more important and noteworthy things that happened today, but I don't feel like typing any more, so just have that. :P

ETA: Damn, I just tried to change my avatar and taking a look at the folders I transferred from my old computer, it seems like I lost all of my flower pictures with different thematic additions along the way. I miss my flower with a squid hat and all that!

ETA 2: Well, I found at least the spamsmoot 2015 avatars in old emails sent to me by @the maid of woodlynne. So have an avatar from the time I was a queen. ;) 

You play Settlers of Catan?! That's great!

Love that game.

3 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

You play Settlers of Catan?! That's great!

Love that game.

Yes, with my valonqar and father usually. But I usually don't win. It is the only one of these "capitalist" games (building, trading, saving, getting resources from others) that I like. I really don't like monopoly for example.

I prefer word games, for example I love taboo. My family doesn't like those though, so I rarely get to play that. But I played taboo a lot at translators' summer camp, which was great, because everybody is so good with words and assocoations there! I have a pack of taboo cards in German. But we played it so that we could either use Slovene or German when speaking, and then there was a particularly funny moment when somebody used a lewd :leer:English clue to get the word he wanted. Taboo is so much fun.

19 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Yes, with my valonqar and father usually. But I usually don't win. It is the only one of these "capitalist" games (building, trading, saving, getting resources from others) that I like. I really don't like monopoly for example.

I prefer word games, for example I love taboo. My family doesn't like those though, so I rarely get to play that. But I played taboo a lot at translators' summer camp, which was great, because everybody is so good with words and assocoations there! I have a pack of taboo cards in German. But we played it so that we could either use Slovene or German when speaking, and then there was a particularly funny moment when somebody used a lewd :leer:English clue to get the word he wanted. Taboo is so much fun.

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Settlers of Catan is great, but I always lose my patience halfway through :P I don't even recall ever finishing a game of Monopoly. 

I love that you guys have played Settlers (as we call it here in the States).

I haven't played Taboo, but it sounds like fun. I do like word games too, but suspect I would not be in your class, which is fine. I like playing against really good players even if I get beat. Boggle is the word game I know best. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBRgVguJS4c

For the spacial thinkers among us there's this game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc4WrL7cxeg It's called Set and it really makes you think. There are a bunch of other spacial games that I like a lot, but their names aren't coming to me right now.

Coming to think of it, 90% of my avatars are from great television series that had ended. 

But let’s start revisiting them anyway. I am in fact currently rewatching Gossip Girl, which is, in spite of all its faults, an absolutely endearing show with very complex and lovable characters. In fact, i started watching gossip girl after it concluded, which was for one part a lovely trip down memory lane (flip phones!) as well as a comfortable Netflix binge watch that I could cover at my own pace. This is I think my second rewatch and I’m sure there’ll be more because I’m a hopeless television addict. 

And I’m also breaking my blond avatar pattern here, because out of the two main characters, I definitely was, am and always will be Team Blair. But blonds from Gossip Girl will be coming as this avatar show is going to be a great way to entertain and distract myself during commute while I work my behind to death. 

So CXG is also a finished series, so I guess have an anteater avatar.

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I am, for some reason, quite proud that I never played monopoly. Or it’s eastern block equivalent. 

What is the eastern block equivalent of monopoly? Is there a "Chance" card that says: "All your properties have been nationalised, distribute your money and properties equally among the rest of the players"?

I must be the person who takes the most luggage when moving into a student dorm for just one semester. Don't know how I'll get everything back at the end of it, and don't want to think about it.

20 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

So CXG is also a finished series, so I guess have an anteater avatar.

What is the eastern block equivalent of monopoly? Is there a "Chance" card that says: "All your properties have been nationalised, distribute your money and properties equally among the rest of the players"?

I must be the person who takes the most luggage when moving into a student dorm for just one semester. Don't know how I'll get everything back at the end of it, and don't want to think about it.

:lmao:no, they just made a similar game that was based more on chance than being cutthroat and gaining at the expense of your fellow players. But there was also a game that focused on accomplishing a plan as one would in a planned economy, after Monopoly was banned in the 50s. 

How much stuff do you have?

Archived