TTTNE 476 - the ghost of series past

RhaenysBee

Ayy how ya doin, just dropping in and telling yall about recent events. 

So back in April, I was involved in a multiple car accident on the freeway, which resulted in me suffering a concussion, broken sternum and collarbone, plus a shattered ankle. No real memory of the accident as I was a passenger sleeping when it happened, plus the concussion knocked out my short term memory for a day. From there I had my first ankle surgery, which involved piecing my ankle back together with pins and screws, and spent all of May, including my birthday, in a physical rehab facility/nursing home, which is a story in and of itself. From there I've been staying with family, and had a second ankle surgery, since my ankle healed in the wrong place, and just recovering. Haven't walked since the accident, and I'm on crutches at the moment. 

On 10/9/2019 at 12:30 PM, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

He's 17!  I still have a hard time believing it myself.

I like my job, it's challenging and pays well, but it can leave me completely drained.  Most nights I don't even turn on my computer at home, and there's rarely time at work to get on-line. I think my job stretches the limits of mental capacities. It takes a lot of effort to stay so focused all day long (it's really not in my nature to sit still and be quiet all day)

Thanks! 

Dorm life can suck.  But most work places I have been have had a share of people who don't clean up after themselves in the bathroom or kitchenettes 

Good morning my lovelies :kiss:

My latest deal is going to settle 11 days early (this Friday).  It was an experiment in selling a different type of loans (2nd liens, instead of first). I hope they don't do it again as it was a lot more work than our regular deals.  But it's 350 million, so they might make it a regular thing now that they have seen it can be successful.

the past year and a half, there have been about 2 dozen of us working on these deals that earned 7-10% of the company's quarterly revenue.  This company has like 250,000 employees.  That's a HUGE amount of responsibility and pressure on us. (there was even a story written about it in a major financial magazine).  

That's my life in a nutshell.  

Wow, he’s almost as old as sister. I’m sure he’s going to grow up to be a kind, intelligent and very happy man. you must feel seriously proud!

sounds like you have a very strong focus on your career at the moment. Really glad to hear you’re enjoying the job and the success the hard work yields. Make sure to take care of yourself though. Such draining jobs can come with unpleasant consequences for one’s health. 

and how is your fairy garden with the gnome homes? Do you still have that? 

On 10/9/2019 at 9:44 PM, Kaminsod said:

So back in April, I was involved in a multiple car accident on the freeway, which resulted in me suffering a concussion, broken sternum and collarbone, plus a shattered ankle. No real memory of the accident as I was a passenger sleeping when it happened, plus the concussion knocked out my short term memory for a day. From there I had my first ankle surgery, which involved piecing my ankle back together with pins and screws, and spent all of May, including my birthday, in a physical rehab facility/nursing home, which is a story in and of itself. From there I've been staying with family, and had a second ankle surgery, since my ankle healed in the wrong place, and just recovering. Haven't walked since the accident, and I'm on crutches at the moment. 

even though I don’t think I met you on this board, I can’t go past this without saying how very sorry I am. This must have been a terribly challenging time in your life. I hope you can already see the light at the end of the tunnel and you’ll make a full recovery. Stay strong. 

well I have had my crying session tonight, Which is becoming a weekly schedule. And as such, I truly hope it won’t repeat till next Thursday. All this smearing salty mascara all over my face can’t be good for the skin. Which is rubbish in the first place anyway. 
I have a handyman coming tomorrow morning, I have absolutely nothing prepared or measured out, because I spent the entire evening being apathetic, fighting and crying. I don’t even have cash so I’ll have to get up early tomorrow and figure out how I want everything. In fact, there’s very little to do, because I failed to get new curtain rails and an autumn wreath so there’s like 20 minutes of work. 40 more for my indecisiveness and that’s still only half the time I booked this poor guy for. Oh well. 

Oh, Wally, that is terrible. Hang in there. :grouphug: Thank you for the update. I hope for more uplifting update from now on. I wish you speedy recovery.

On 10/10/2019 at 10:43 PM, RhaenysBee said:

well I have had my crying session tonight, Which is becoming a weekly schedule. And as such, I truly hope it won’t repeat till next Thursday. All this smearing salty mascara all over my face can’t be good for the skin. Which is rubbish in the first place anyway.

And you. :grouphug: I hope whatever is the problem gets solved soon.

As for me, I just danced the evening away. Tired, but happy. No alcohol was ingested on my side. I love how I can dance without the excuse "only when I'm drunk" that I hear from people.

8 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh, Wally, that is terrible. Hang in there. :grouphug: Thank you for the update. I hope for more uplifting update from now on. I wish you speedy recovery.

And you. :grouphug: I hope whatever is the problem gets solved soon.

As for me, I just danced the evening away. Tired, but happy. No alcohol was ingested on my side. I love how I can dance without the excuse "only when I'm drunk" that I hear from people.

Wait, @Kaminsodis Wally? with the new username? Omg... I really did get memory impairment from stress. :leaving: 

really glad to hear that you had fun, I have such appreciation and respect for people who know how to have fun without getting wasted first. 

Ugh what a horrible start to the weekend it’s cold and raining, I decided to go for a run this morning because it was only light drizzle and I got splashed by a car going through a puddle which soaked me :(, so Rhae tell us about this handyman :leer:.

I'm so sorry to hear that :( That sounds horrible, I hope you recover soon.

8 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Wait, @Kaminsodis Wally? with the new username? Omg... I really did get memory impairment from stress. :leaving: 

really glad to hear that you had fun, I have such appreciation and respect for people who know how to have fun without getting wasted first. 

Yep, I think he changed his nickname a while ago.

Wally, you are welcome to post more!

Today is such a laaaaaazy day. I should go out for a walk at least. *yawns*

6 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Ugh what a horrible start to the weekend it’s cold and raining, I decided to go for a run this morning because it was only light drizzle and I got splashed by a car going through a puddle which soaked me :(, so Rhae tell us about this handyman :leer:.

Ugh, that’s not good. I came outlet shopping with sister and we had a bit of rain there too.  But the shopping was good, apart from the the post shopping guilt. 

:lol: I mean there’s absolutely nothing to tell, he’s a nice handyman who’s pleasant to look at. Pretty far from what one would label as “my type”. Then again, I’ve had enough failed romances with “my type” that maybe I should explore other types :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Yep, I think he changed his nickname a while ago.

Wally, you are welcome to post more!

Today is such a laaaaaazy day. I should go out for a walk at least. *yawns*

Yes, when you mentioned it, it did start ringing some bells. It’s terrible embarrassing that I didn’t remember his new username. :( I’m so sorry, Wally. 

I plan on doing laundry, eating and sleeping all day tomorrow, because I seem to have wandered into the territory of physiological stress symptoms and that needs to stop ASAP. I’m way too entitled and selfish and millennial to jeopardize my health on account of my own and other people’s work problems. 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Ugh, that’s not good. I came outlet shopping with sister and we had a bit of rain there too.  But the shopping was good, apart from the the post shopping guilt. 

:lol: I mean there’s absolutely nothing to tell, he’s a nice handyman who’s pleasant to look at. Pretty far from what one would label as “my type”. Then again, I’ve had enough failed romances with “my type” that maybe I should explore other types :lol: 

Yes, when you mentioned it, it did start ringing some bells. It’s terrible embarrassing that I didn’t remember his new username. :( I’m so sorry, Wally. 

I plan on doing laundry, eating and sleeping all day tomorrow, because I seem to have wandered into the territory of physiological stress symptoms and that needs to stop ASAP. I’m way too entitled and selfish and millennial to jeopardize my health on account of my own and other people’s work problems. 

What is your usual type?, maybe a change could be good!.

17 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I don't blame you for forgetting me, I haven't posted regularly in years, I'm the ghost of threads past himself. 

17 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

What is your usual type?, maybe a change could be good!.

Ugh, once business student corporate prodigies? Lively, passionate, confident going on obnoxious and often narcissistic type A personalities. The kind that picks you up like a whirlwind that’s every color of the rainbow and the best thing you ever had until enough time passes and you sink back to the ground and realize there’s way too much dust? :dunno: Pretty Sure I’m overcompensating something I miss in myself with being such sucker for men like that. /tmi ramble 

10 hours ago, Kaminsod said:

I don't blame you for forgetting me, I haven't posted regularly in years, I'm the ghost of threads past himself. 

Nah-ah. Correction: I forgot your new username, not you. I 100% remember you, Wally, you invited me to tttne to begin with. :grouphug: will you be sticking around? 

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Ugh, once business student corporate prodigies? Lively, passionate, confident going on obnoxious and often narcissistic type A personalities. The kind that picks you up like a whirlwind that’s every color of the rainbow and the best thing you ever had until enough time passes and you sink back to the ground and realize there’s way too much dust? :dunno: Pretty Sure I’m overcompensating something I miss in myself with being such sucker for men like that. /tmi ramble 

Nah-ah. Correction: I forgot your new username, not you. I 100% remember you, Wally, you invited me to tttne to begin with. :grouphug: will you be sticking around? 

That doesn’t sound like a good type to go for at all :o, they are quite fun to date though I’m sure, maybe go for a drink with the handyman if he’s not you know, married with kids already :P.

26 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

That doesn’t sound like a good type to go for at all :o, they are quite fun to date though I’m sure, maybe go for a drink with the handyman if he’s not you know, married with kids already :P.

Oh yeah, very much fun :devil: that’s really it ever stays, though, dating, because somehow things just can’t get serious with these types of guys. Or maybe that was just me... :dunno: Anyway, philosorhaenys aside, you are quite correct it’s rather important to know if this handyman is even available :lol: 

well, I’m still exhausted and in need of physical and mental rest, because I ended up at my parents’ house yesterday evening. At least I played with the doggies and tried to make friends with neighbor’s horse and being around animals in nice autumn weather is pretty therapeutic. I wish I could have a whole week of such activities :lol: now  I’m back in the city and I’m stuffing myself with pumpkin cake at a cafe near my apartment. I must admit, it’s rather addictive as I’ve been coming here solely for this particular cake for weeks. Besides, my immune system is still miraculously holding up *crosses fingers to not jinx this rather favorable state* I hope its determination will get me through the flu season. 

13 hours ago, Kaminsod said:

No better moment to return then! :commie: 

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh, who would have thought, we go for completely different guys! :o With pretty much the same result though. I usually seem to go for guys who are too shy to do anything. :lol: I talked to somebody who I thought was kind of cute yesterday, but he did not even suggest exchanging contact info even after I gave him the perfect cue. :P To be fair, he might have done it on purpose because he probably wasn't interested in meeting up again at all. The event at which we met was 100 % not meant to facilitate private friendships.

8 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh yeah, very much fun. that’s really it ever stays, though, dating, because somehow things just can’t get serious with these types of guys. Or maybe that was just me... :dunno: Anyway, philosorhaenys aside, you are quite correct it’s rather important to know if this handyman is even available :lol: 

Good luck with him! :P

I also had a great day outside, weather was perfect and I was on a long walk with a friend.

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh yeah, very much fun :devil: that’s really it ever stays, though, dating, because somehow things just can’t get serious with these types of guys. Or maybe that was just me... :dunno: Anyway, philosorhaenys aside, you are quite correct it’s rather important to know if this handyman is even available :lol: 

well, I’m still exhausted and in need of physical and mental rest, because I ended up at my parents’ house yesterday evening. At least I played with the doggies and tried to make friends with neighbor’s horse and being around animals in nice autumn weather is pretty therapeutic. I wish I could have a whole week of such activities :lol: now  I’m back in the city and I’m stuffing myself with pumpkin cake at a cafe near my apartment. I must admit, it’s rather addictive as I’ve been coming here solely for this particular cake for weeks. Besides, my immune system is still miraculously holding up *crosses fingers to not jinx this rather favorable state* I hope its determination will get me through the flu season. 

Yeah they don't seem like the right type of guys to get serious, plus if you're going to date someone like that, don't date a narcissist, they are after all just a poor persons psychopath :P.

Aw your day with the doggies and the horse sounds like lots of fun, I'm a bit jealous.

@Buckwheat I have decided you're should be  a musical litmus test as you liked those other songs I linked for wether I should try and cover this song or not, do you like it?.

23 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

@Buckwheat I have decided you're should be  a musical litmus test as you liked those other songs I linked for wether I should try and cover this song or not, do you like it?.

Oh. I feel so honoured that you think my opinion is of such importance. I am flattered. *curtsey*

Yes, I like it. I didn't pay attention to the lyrics, but I do like the tune.

10 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh. I feel so honoured that you think my opinion is of such importance. I am flattered. *curtsey*

Yes, I like it. I didn't pay attention to the lyrics, but I do like the tune.

I’m glad :), for me the piano is the easier part with it, singing it is hard!.

20 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh, who would have thought, we go for completely different guys! :o With pretty much the same result though. I usually seem to go for guys who are too shy to do anything. :lol: I talked to somebody who I thought was kind of cute yesterday, but he did not even suggest exchanging contact info even after I gave him the perfect cue. :P To be fair, he might have done it on purpose because he probably wasn't interested in meeting up again at all. The event at which we met was 100 % not meant to facilitate private friendships.

Good luck with him! :P

I also had a great day outside, weather was perfect and I was on a long walk with a friend.

:lol: yeah, it’s hard to believe, when we always had the absolute same taste in television characters too 

Oh, any event can facilitate private relationships... it’s really up to the attendees. my first big love started at an event that was absolutely inappropriate for private relationships too. I can’t say it was a very successful romantic endeavor on the long term, but I was young and foolish and it was lovely while it lasted. :dunno: so don’t let the nature of the event hold you back. :D 

well now the weather is like summer and it’s giving me such a headache. I know I’m an insufferable summer hater, but 24C in mid-October? Come on. 

15 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Yeah they don't seem like the right type of guys to get serious, plus if you're going to date someone like that, don't date a narcissist, they are after all just a poor persons psychopath :P.

Aw your day with the doggies and the horse sounds like lots of fun, I'm a bit jealous.@Buckwheat

:D well, we are all mad here. 

Ugh, we had some local government And mayor elections or what and people don’t seem to be able to talk about anything but politics today. That is in fact a general phenomenon for this country, we apparently have nothing to say or talk about aside from politics and political hate. Today however, it’s ten times its usual proportion. If there’s one wish I could have for the world, aside from finding cure for awful diseases, it would that humanity stops caring and talking about politics. 

On 10/9/2019 at 3:44 PM, Kaminsod said:

:grouphug: that's horrible Wally.  I'm glad you're mending. Sounds like it was a long road though

On 10/10/2019 at 4:43 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Wow, he’s almost as old as sister. I’m sure he’s going to grow up to be a kind, intelligent and very happy man. you must feel seriously proud!

sounds like you have a very strong focus on your career at the moment. Really glad to hear you’re enjoying the job and the success the hard work yields. Make sure to take care of yourself though. Such draining jobs can come with unpleasant consequences for one’s health. 

and how is your fairy garden with the gnome homes? Do you still have that? 

I have a handyman coming tomorrow morning, I have absolutely nothing prepared or measured out, because I spent the entire evening being apathetic, fighting and crying. I don’t even have cash so I’ll have to get up early tomorrow and figure out how I want everything. In fact, there’s very little to do, because I failed to get new curtain rails and an autumn wreath so there’s like 20 minutes of work. 40 more for my indecisiveness and that’s still only half the time I booked this poor guy for. Oh well. 

Actually Alex is a moody, selfish, spoiled brat, that I am so pissed at right now. All he thinks about is himself and his overly dramatic girlfriend. I have always done all I could for him and when I ask for assistance I get put off until later, then completely forgotten about.  So I am now on;y doing the things I have to as a mom.  That means no rides to stores or friends houses or such.  I took him to work and back on Saturday and I did make sure he was up for school this morning, even though I have the day off.

I like the girlfriend less and less too.  (I know her demands on his time are part of the problem) 

Can I ask everyone a question? Just wanna know how old and out of touch I really am.  So the gf comes over on weekends and they hang out in the basement and I always make them lunch,  She also comes over one or two weeknights. I'm always in the family room, right near the door.  When she leaves, she never says good bye.  Is that weird? I am wrong to expect this?

They talk about a future together, and sometimes I make them play games with me (board games). It's what families do. They interact with each other. Apparently she really resents this.

My fairy garden got over run with both the good plants and weeds this year.  There just wasn't enough time to do everything.  I'm trying to clean up the yard and the garden this fall...as soon as I get the pool closed up (ok, I extended the patio and built a pergola over the extension and that took a lot longer than it should have because I some how hurt my back and couldn't do anything for over a month. this getting old thing can really suck at times)

Pergola pics: 12 3, 4, 5

I do try to take care of myself. I haven't been on-line much, but I do some painting for relaxing/mental health

Sounds like you might need to take some self time as well :grouphug: I hope whatever has you crying gets better

Archived