TTTNE 476 - the ghost of series past

RhaenysBee

44 minutes ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

:grouphug: that's horrible Wally.  I'm glad you're mending. Sounds like it was a long road though

Actually Alex is a moody, selfish, spoiled brat, that I am so pissed at right now. All he thinks about is himself and his overly dramatic girlfriend. I have always done all I could for him and when I ask for assistance I get put off until later, then completely forgotten about.  So I am now on;y doing the things I have to as a mom.  That means no rides to stores or friends houses or such.  I took him to work and back on Saturday and I did make sure he was up for school this morning, even though I have the day off.

I like the girlfriend less and less too.  (I know her demands on his time are part of the problem) 

Can I ask everyone a question? Just wanna know how old and out of touch I really am.  So the gf comes over on weekends and they hang out in the basement and I always make them lunch,  She also comes over one or two weeknights. I'm always in the family room, right near the door.  When she leaves, she never says good bye.  Is that weird? I am wrong to expect this?

They talk about a future together, and sometimes I make them play games with me (board games). It's what families do. They interact with each other. Apparently she really resents this.

My fairy garden got over run with both the good plants and weeds this year.  There just wasn't enough time to do everything.  I'm trying to clean up the yard and the garden this fall...as soon as I get the pool closed up (ok, I extended the patio and built a pergola over the extension and that took a lot longer than it should have because I some how hurt my back and couldn't do anything for over a month. this getting old thing can really suck at times)

Pergola pics: 12 3, 4, 5

I do try to take care of myself. I haven't been on-line much, but I do some painting for relaxing/mental health

Sounds like you might need to take some self time as well :grouphug: I hope whatever has you crying gets better

In my mind not saying goodbye is very rude of her.

The board games thing I can understand maybe she just isn’t that into but she should make an effort, or just say she’s not into it and suggest something else rather than complaining to your son about it imo.

I may well be needing your advice about how to deal with teenagers in another 11 years or so!.

3 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

:grouphug: that's horrible Wally.  I'm glad you're mending. Sounds like it was a long road though

Actually Alex is a moody, selfish, spoiled brat, that I am so pissed at right now. All he thinks about is himself and his overly dramatic girlfriend. I have always done all I could for him and when I ask for assistance I get put off until later, then completely forgotten about.  So I am now on;y doing the things I have to as a mom.  That means no rides to stores or friends houses or such.  I took him to work and back on Saturday and I did make sure he was up for school this morning, even though I have the day off.

I like the girlfriend less and less too.  (I know her demands on his time are part of the problem) 

Can I ask everyone a question? Just wanna know how old and out of touch I really am.  So the gf comes over on weekends and they hang out in the basement and I always make them lunch,  She also comes over one or two weeknights. I'm always in the family room, right near the door.  When she leaves, she never says good bye.  Is that weird? I am wrong to expect this?

They talk about a future together, and sometimes I make them play games with me (board games). It's what families do. They interact with each other. Apparently she really resents this.

My fairy garden got over run with both the good plants and weeds this year.  There just wasn't enough time to do everything.  I'm trying to clean up the yard and the garden this fall...as soon as I get the pool closed up (ok, I extended the patio and built a pergola over the extension and that took a lot longer than it should have because I some how hurt my back and couldn't do anything for over a month. this getting old thing can really suck at times)

I do try to take care of myself. I haven't been on-line much, but I do some painting for relaxing/mental health

Sounds like you might need to take some self time as well :grouphug: I hope whatever has you crying gets better

Oh, sounds like someone’s being a teenager in every way possible. I’m sorry it’s such a frustrating time for you, but don’t forget, he’ll mature and grow out of these vexing habits a couple years. 

it is absolutely not weird to expect a guest you welcome and feed in your home to say goodbye when she leaves. It is the most basic level of politeness or respect. 

I can understand that a 16-7 year old girlfriend would resent having to play board games with her boyfriend’s mom. Most young people at this age are so wrapped up in their own world, they see parents and adults as undesirable intruders who don’t understand it and try to bend them to their own world.

In my opinion, it’s a valid request that they do spend time with you and engage in family activities, they are, after all, part of a family not just two individuals in a social void. If you don’t want them to consider this time a discomfort you enforce, and you intend to “bond” with the girlfriend too, maybe try joining them and participating in something they normally do, rather than the other way around. I have no idea what teenagers these days do, but maybe watch their favorite Netflix show with them (at a time when chilling isn’t involved, per se), or have some hot cider together (not sure where you or they stand on alcohol consumption, it’s pretty common and accepted in Europe), or go out for froyo, or... I should probably stop embarrassing myself, I’m way too old to know these things. :lol: maybe just ask them what they like to do and if you can join? 

the garden looks lovely! And I’m glad you’re taking time for yourself too. 

thank you I’m trying to do that now. I did get some moral support and retail/cute animal therapy over the weekend. 

22 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh, any event can facilitate private relationships... it’s really up to the attendees. my first big love started at an event that was absolutely inappropriate for private relationships too. I can’t say it was a very successful romantic endeavor on the long term, but I was young and foolish and it was lovely while it lasted. :dunno: so don’t let the nature of the event hold you back. :D 

Maybe you are right. In any case, I spend most of the time with much younger people now here, which feels weird to me.

And I keep thinking about my ex (the supernatural entity) more and more, which is very dangerous. We haven't talked in a year. I need to get him out of my head. I was completely ready to move on to something new with the inappropriate crush a few months ago. But then I was ghosted by that one and now I am often lonely and start thinking about when I was the happiest and it was obviously when I was with the supernatural entity and I start regretting breaking up with him and thinking I want to contact him again ... nope, nope, nope. Dangerous thoughts. He has probably moved on by now, and I should too. I am so ready to start something serious with somebody new. But where are the people who would want me? Do they even exist?

/This was your weekly Bucky TMI.

21 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

You are not in the wrong to expect this. If somebody visits your house, the minimum courtesy you can expect is that they greet you when coming and going and some smalltalk. I think Rhae's idea is a good one, maybe try joining their activities if they actually don't like board games, so you will have something else to spend time around.

21 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Pretty as always. :) 

On 10/15/2019 at 11:45 AM, Buckwheat said:

Maybe you are right. In any case, I spend most of the time with much younger people now here, which feels weird to me.

And I keep thinking about my ex (the supernatural entity) more and more, which is very dangerous. We haven't talked in a year. I need to get him out of my head. I was completely ready to move on to something new with the inappropriate crush a few months ago. But then I was ghosted by that one and now I am often lonely and start thinking about when I was the happiest and it was obviously when I was with the supernatural entity and I start regretting breaking up with him and thinking I want to contact him again ... nope, nope, nope. Dangerous thoughts. He has probably moved on by now, and I should too. I am so ready to start something serious with somebody new. But where are the people who would want me? Do they even exist?

/This was your weekly Bucky TMI.

You are not in the wrong to expect this. If somebody visits your house, the minimum courtesy you can expect is that they greet you when coming and going and some smalltalk. I think Rhae's idea is a good one, maybe try joining their activities if they actually don't like board games, so you will have something else to spend time around.

Pretty as always. :) 

If this is any comfort I felt this way for my first love for about 3 years after we stopped seeing each other :leaving:  but it’s important to let go and move on, because holding onto the memory of something is just a way of sabotaging your present relationships - at least that was what happened to me. I compared everybody to that one man and obviously nobody reached up to the expectations, while in other ways they might have been as good or better guys but I never gave them a real chance which was unfair to them and hindering to myself. It’s weird to think that these things happened like 5 years ago.  /daily tmi with rhaenys 

anyway, there are tons of people out there who want you, you just need to be patient and open enough to find them. And I wish I could take my own advice on this because I feel the same way and I’m neither patient nor particularly open about it :eek: :lol: 

On 10/17/2019 at 9:25 AM, RhaenysBee said:

anyway, there are tons of people out there who want you, you just need to be patient and open enough to find them. And I wish I could take my own advice on this because I feel the same way and I’m neither patient nor particularly open about it :eek: :lol: 

Am being way more open than I used to be. Also, I met so many new people this past month - sadly, most of them are like 5 or 6 years younger than me, so ...

Anyway. Bleh. I have a terrible cold and don't feel well and it will stop me from going dancing tonight. Booooo. Am drinking lots of tea with lemon.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Am being way more open than I used to be. Also, I met so many new people this past month - sadly, most of them are like 5 or 6 years younger than me, so ...

Anyway. Bleh. I have a terrible cold and don't feel well and it will stop me from going dancing tonight. Booooo. Am drinking lots of tea with lemon.

Well at least you have lots of people to hang out with. 

ugh, that doesn’t sound good at all. Get well soon, keep warm and cozy and rest a lot! 

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I often hang out with people much younger.  At first it was a little weird, but after a while I stopped noticing (most of the time)

I hope you feel better soon.

I was just ready to leave work yesterday when the boss's boss asked me to pull some info on the 3rd quarter deals.  I rushed it, which is never a good idea and pulled the wrong data on one of the deals (wrong deal entirely)  the only thing he noticed was none of the matching reports on the "official" site matched up with that deal (the deal manager also made a mistake on her reports) so he assumed the reports were all calculating wrong.  I had to spend an hour making sure all the reports were accurate, and then I realized what mistake I made and the other deal manager made.  So I sent bossman x2 the correct info and apologized for any confusion my mistake caused *sigh*

I am no longer responding to e-mails within 30 minutes of leaving work  :lol: (of course that's a lie, but damn, it happens all the time.  Our main office and most of our Investors are not in the same time zone as me, so they forget when it is 5pm here)

Tonight is bowling night.  we suck.  we're in 12th place out of 16 :rofl: but I really enjoy going because I get to act silly and be loud--things that are just not done in my silent office

On 10/8/2019 at 6:34 PM, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Anyone remember my youngest son Alex, who was like 3 when I started posting here.  Well, guess what: https://imgur.com/a/c2OdPHf

hahahhah he has surely grown...as they all must do. here is the Karate Princess second grade and 11th grade

time does fly...

On 10/14/2019 at 8:33 AM, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

...i never give advice, but i shall answer the question...no, you are not wrong to expect her to say hello, thank you, and goodbye. Ma Belle Mere always said, "your manners don't cost anything, so fell free to use them all day - every day...obviously this girls Mother fell down in the teaching of this important lesson

that said, kids can be punks...like Alex, Princess will listen to what we say/ask and then if you don't stand over her and observe instant compliance, chances are better than 50/50 that it won't get done at all...Number One Niece, SwmbO, does the drill instructor thing pacing back and forth giving a nonstop critique til shit gets done... my method is different...disrespect me and don't both asking me to ferry you around, hand out cash, or pay attention to much of your happenings...easier for me since i don't have to be the parent, so when i ignore i really ignore

i must also agree that pretty soon they will outgrow this period and become the well adjusted adults we want them to be...

...and remember my darling Lany, you are a fantastic Mother who has taught me a lot about how to deal with Karate Princess...i often remember our foray into medieval projects cooking and crafting, our summer activities choosing a country or region and learning about its geography and culture...fun times and great memories thanks to you :cheers:

:smoking:

Will I or will I not accomplish things today if I share my to do list online? 
allegedly, a public commitment to do something is very motivating to actually go through with doing that something. 
well, today I have to

- take three ikea bags of clothes and decluttered items to a donation shop. 

- fold, iron and put away fresh laundry 

- clean and tidy the guestroom, the living room and my bedroom and bathroom. (Sister actually did hers yesterday!!!!!) 

- pick up preferably golden hanger hooks, storage baskets and a damn blanket that matches the living room (and the marble side table if it’s on sale) 

- do the painting jobs in the hall

- buy canned pumpkin purée 

- go to that cafe for more of that pumpkin cake 

- take down recycle bins 

- and buy eye drops!!!! (My new contacts are murderous) if I’m there, look into getting new glasses. 

- oh and empty and refill the dishwasher

wish me luck :leaving: 

also: - WASH MAKEUP BRUSHES!!!

17 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

hahahhah he has surely grown...as they all must do. here is the Karate Princess second grade and 11th grade

time does fly...

...i never give advice, but i shall answer the question...no, you are not wrong to expect her to say hello, thank you, and goodbye. Ma Belle Mere always said, "your manners don't cost anything, so fell free to use them all day - every day...obviously this girls Mother fell down in the teaching of this important lesson

that said, kids can be punks...like Alex, Princess will listen to what we say/ask and then if you don't stand over her and observe instant compliance, chances are better than 50/50 that it won't get done at all...Number One Niece, SwmbO, does the drill instructor thing pacing back and forth giving a nonstop critique til shit gets done... my method is different...disrespect me and don't both asking me to ferry you around, hand out cash, or pay attention to much of your happenings...easier for me since i don't have to be the parent, so when i ignore i really ignore

i must also agree that pretty soon they will outgrow this period and become the well adjusted adults we want them to be...

...and remember my darling Lany, you are a fantastic Mother who has taught me a lot about how to deal with Karate Princess...i often remember our foray into medieval projects cooking and crafting, our summer activities choosing a country or region and learning about its geography and culture...fun times and great memories thanks to you :cheers:

:smoking:

:grouphug: :kiss: Alex was a little better. he knows he was being a brat. I drove him to school and we had about 30 minutes total and we talked the whole time---just about random stupid stuff, de-evolving a chicken back into a dinosaur and other such nonsense.  it was nice.

Then last night after the husband picked him up from work (Alex works at haunted/scare place, just Friday and Saturday nights in October - no other job) he told me Alex wants to take next Friday off to hang out with the gf.  .  This is his 3rd year doing it (he's a werewolf and scares people :lol: ) but he missed the earlier calls for work, when they had the planning meetings and stuff, so I had him write an e-mail basically begging to be allowed to work there again this year-the day before opening night.  The pay is basically they will give you whatever they think you deserve at the end of the season based on performance and attendance. Anyway, I have told he will not miss a night of work.  He works 8 nights out of the whole year.  (I warned the gf's dad this morning about it, so he knows she is going to be upset with me, again, but he agrees with me. You make a commitment, you honor it)                                                 Back in June, on Alex's birthday (which we had to change the date of his party because the gf had to work) she told Alex if he didn't find a job, she would break up with him.  My poor little man bawled his eyes out.  He was so upset.  Now he's working and she gets upset because she can't spend time with him.  I told Alex "She can't have it both ways" (he says he knows). Plus, it is one friggen month!  that is it.  What's she going to do when he gets a real job?  I find her to be controlling and manipulative, and damnit, that is my job :P                                                                                                                                                                                                         Anyway, I told the husband, and he agrees with me, if he doesn't go to work, there will be no cell phone, no internet, no buying him things, no driving him places.           He still only has his learners permit.  We're planning on more 2 point turn practice tomorrow and hopefully he will be ready to take his test again next month. I even kept my old car when I bought a new one so he would have it to drive. (then he can get a job in the much bigger town 15 minutes away)       

8 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Will I or will I not accomplish things today if I share my to do list online? 
allegedly, a public commitment to do something is very motivating to actually go through with doing that something. 
well, today I have to

- clean and tidy the guestroom, the living room and my bedroom and bathroom. (Sister actually did hers yesterday!!!!!) 

- pick up preferably golden hanger hooks, storage baskets and a damn blanket that matches the living room (and the marble side table if it’s on sale) 

- take down recycle bins 

- and buy eye drops!!!! (My new contacts are murderous) if I’m there, look into getting new glasses. 

wow, that is a lot to do in 1 day.  I want to fold and put away my clothes and re-arrange the closet with the fall/winter stuff in front and the summer stuff up on the shelves, but I'm still sitting on the couch :lol: 

2 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

:grouphug: :kiss: Alex was a little better. he knows he was being a brat. I drove him to school and we had about 30 minutes total and we talked the whole time---just about random stupid stuff, de-evolving a chicken back into a dinosaur and other such nonsense.  it was nice.

Then last night after the husband picked him up from work (Alex works at haunted/scare place, just Friday and Saturday nights in October - no other job) he told me Alex wants to take next Friday off to hang out with the gf.  .  This is his 3rd year doing it (he's a werewolf and scares people :lol: ) but he missed the earlier calls for work, when they had the planning meetings and stuff, so I had him write an e-mail basically begging to be allowed to work there again this year-the day before opening night.  The pay is basically they will give you whatever they think you deserve at the end of the season based on performance and attendance. Anyway, I have told he will not miss a night of work.  He works 8 nights out of the whole year.  (I warned the gf's dad this morning about it, so he knows she is going to be upset with me, again, but he agrees with me. You make a commitment, you honor it)                                                 Back in June, on Alex's birthday (which we had to change the date of his party because the gf had to work) she told Alex if he didn't find a job, she would break up with him.  My poor little man bawled his eyes out.  He was so upset.  Now he's working and she gets upset because she can't spend time with him.  I told Alex "She can't have it both ways" (he says he knows). Plus, it is one friggen month!  that is it.  What's she going to do when he gets a real job?  I find her to be controlling and manipulative, and damnit, that is my job :P                                                                                                                                                                                                         Anyway, I told the husband, and he agrees with me, if he doesn't go to work, there will be no cell phone, no internet, no buying him things, no driving him places.           He still only has his learners permit.  We're planning on more 2 point turn practice tomorrow and hopefully he will be ready to take his test again next month. I even kept my old car when I bought a new one so he would have it to drive. (then he can get a job in the much bigger town 15 minutes away)       

wow, that is a lot to do in 1 day.  I want to fold and put away my clothes and re-arrange the closet with the fall/winter stuff in front and the summer stuff up on the shelves, but I'm still sitting on the couch :lol: 

I agree with your stance on his doing his job that he specifically signed up for and think you’re also right that his gf  cant have everything her way, relationships after all are about compromise sometimes.

Reading your post though I won’t lie I have a slight sense of dread that this is all in front of me in 13 or so years, hopefully I will grow as a parent as she grows as a person too, I can’t believe she is almost 2 already!, we had a nice day out visiting friends and she was very well behaved all day, except now we’re home she doesn’t want to go to sleep.

11 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

well, today I have to

- take down recycle bins

Status update above ^ 

I didn’t do too badly. The painting took waaaaaaaay longer than I anticipated, so I never managed to do any cleaning or ironing. 
I also did go to the hardware store but there weren’t any nice hanger hooks, so I didn’t get any. Buying an ivory blanket for my living room seems to be a mission impossible. 

I didn’t clean the makeup brushes either because I’m trash, but I did sew a button back on one of my coats that’s been missing the button for about a year. I was very proud to have finally done that. 

so tomorrow will follow with 

-Completing the cleaning and ironing I didn’t do today 

-baking apple anything because I mistakenly ordered and got 2 kgs of apples 

-making pumpkin soup 

-finishing the hall

-washing the damn makeup brushes 

-Sorting out my closet

3 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Wow this girlfriend doesn’t sound like good influence at all. What an awful attitude... 

I also agree that it’s important to honor one’s commitments to others. It’s something sister over here needs to practice as well. (Sister has been at uni for 6 weeks, she has yet to run the errand of getting a student ID. Or a residence card...) hope things work out all right and Alex gets to keep this job which, quite honestly sounds more fun than actual work. 

yeah, it was a bit too ambitious, but there’s another day tomorrow. 

4 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

i do feel sorry for Alex, first big love and she turns out to be a controlling, impossible to please...well i shall refrain from calling her a bitch, but life is full of all kinds and he will probably find many wrongs before that One right...

Legi really has been doing well even if she pisses me off...all those yrs on ship made me an asshole to live with...

she is doing reasonably well in school, plays soccer and has been working 8 +/- hrs a week at a cupcake bakery. she has told her parents recently she would rather try many jobs to see what she likes...she loves cooking and baking so she started there. i happen to know she does not want to go to college, in the traditional sense...she wants to be an apprentice at a graphic design - or tattoo shop but i won't tell ;)

her driving has really improved under SwmbO's tutelage since she is expected to work her own delivery route for SwmbO next summer.

19 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

-making pumpkin soup 

-finishing the hall

-Sorting out my closet

Well today’s productivity was rather poor. I seem to have strained my shoulder when I carried the ikea bags of stuff to the donation shop. The pain is not too bad but it’s definitely a hinderance. I haven’t given up yet, though. I still intend to vacuum and clean the surfaces and wash the makeup brushes. 

I did however start a recipe scrapbook. I’m quite awful at crafts and aesthetic but I do somewhat enjoy the process. Until I get too stressed about not being good at it. The origin of this idea is that I keep losing internet recipes I once used. I never save the link, I either don’t write it down or if I do, I lose the piece of paper because I have no one place where I can collect them. So now I’m trying to put everything down into a notebook. Which I bought at a pretentious price point today. But it’s pretty and a very good size. Now I must go and order scrapbook stickers from eBay. I’m like a 15 year old.... oh well. 

That is quite a long time not to clean your makeup brushes :o.

I’m needing to have a haircut soon, well get a couple of inches or so trimmed off anyway because it is now all the way down my back, I might take it back to half or 3/4 of the way down as I do like my long hair but it is getting too long!.

5 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

That is quite a long time not to clean your makeup brushes :o.

I’m needing to have a haircut soon, well get a couple of inches or so trimmed off anyway because it is now all the way down my back, I might take it back to half or 3/4 of the way down as I do like my long hair but it is getting too long!.

I know, it’s disgusting :leaving: :eek: 

I’m getting my hair done on Friday, but no cutting shall be involved. I’m trying to savor all the growth my hair can get after the disastrous cutting it suffered in the summer. 

On 10/19/2019 at 4:38 PM, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I agree with your stance on his doing his job that he specifically signed up for and think you’re also right that his gf  cant have everything her way, relationships after all are about compromise sometimes.

Reading your post though I won’t lie I have a slight sense of dread that this is all in front of me in 13 or so years, hopefully I will grow as a parent as she grows as a person too, I can’t believe she is almost 2 already!, we had a nice day out visiting friends and she was very well behaved all day, except now we’re home she doesn’t want to go to sleep.

I wouldn't worry too much.  I never had these types of problems with my older two kids (of course I had different one :lol: )

On 10/19/2019 at 5:12 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Status update above ^ 

I didn’t do too badly. The painting took waaaaaaaay longer than I anticipated, so I never managed to do any cleaning or ironing. 
I also did go to the hardware store but there weren’t any nice hanger hooks, so I didn’t get any. Buying an ivory blanket for my living room seems to be a mission impossible. 

I didn’t clean the makeup brushes either because I’m trash, but I did sew a button back on one of my coats that’s been missing the button for about a year. I was very proud to have finally done that. 

-making pumpkin soup 

-finishing the hall

-Sorting out my closet

Wow this girlfriend doesn’t sound like good influence at all. What an awful attitude... 

I also agree that it’s important to honor one’s commitments to others. It’s something sister over here needs to practice as well. (Sister has been at uni for 6 weeks, she has yet to run the errand of getting a student ID. Or a residence card...) hope things work out all right and Alex gets to keep this job which, quite honestly sounds more fun than actual work. 

yeah, it was a bit too ambitious, but there’s another day tomorrow. 

Wow, another full day of chores.  I got my closet about 90% done.

On 10/19/2019 at 6:38 PM, rocksniffer said:

i do feel sorry for Alex, first big love and she turns out to be a controlling, impossible to please...well i shall refrain from calling her a bitch, but life is full of all kinds and he will probably find many wrongs before that One right...

Legi really has been doing well even if she pisses me off...all those yrs on ship made me an asshole to live with...

she is doing reasonably well in school, plays soccer and has been working 8 +/- hrs a week at a cupcake bakery. she has told her parents recently she would rather try many jobs to see what she likes...she loves cooking and baking so she started there. i happen to know she does not want to go to college, in the traditional sense...she wants to be an apprentice at a graphic design - or tattoo shop but i won't tell ;)

her driving has really improved under SwmbO's tutelage since she is expected to work her own delivery route for SwmbO next summer.

Yeah, I feel sorry for him too.  He's shy and awkward and I just know she's going to crush his heart.  I mean, the way he cried on his birthday was something no parent ever wants to hear.  very heart breaking

Sounds like Legi is really maturing into a nice, responsible person.

13 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I wouldn't worry too much.  I never had these types of problems with my older two kids (of course I had different one :lol: )

Wow, another full day of chores.  I got my closet about 90% done.

Yeah, I feel sorry for him too.  He's shy and awkward and I just know she's going to crush his heart.  I mean, the way he cried on his birthday was something no parent ever wants to hear.  very heart breaking

Sounds like Legi is really maturing into a nice, responsible person.

i bet it was hard to hear/see him suffer. he will come through it though cause he has a sound foundation which you and Hubby have given him thorough out his life!

Legi is coming along, even though i have always thought she would thrive...SwmbO and Mother have had doubts because each has issues with perfectionism...no the worst "ism" to be sure, but mighty hard to achieve when you are a rowdy kid looking for adventure...hahahahahah

Archived