TTTNE 476 - the ghost of series past

RhaenysBee

23 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I know, it’s disgusting :leaving: :eek: 

I’m getting my hair done on Friday, but no cutting shall be involved. I’m trying to savor all the growth my hair can get after the disastrous cutting it suffered in the summer. 

I might just get the ends done as every time I think about going shorter I chicken out.

16 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I wouldn't worry too much.  I never had these types of problems with my older two kids (of course I had different one :lol: )

Wow, another full day of chores.  I got my closet about 90% done.

Yeah, I feel sorry for him too.  He's shy and awkward and I just know she's going to crush his heart.  I mean, the way he cried on his birthday was something no parent ever wants to hear.  very heart breaking

Sounds like Legi is really maturing into a nice, responsible person.

Every kid is different, I’m sure your son will turn into a upstanding young gentleman in time :), he just seems like he’s being teenagery at the moment and he sounds pretty good to be honest.

We have baby 2 on the way, due in February, we’ve tried explaining to mini Sith that she’s going to have a little sister but she doesn’t really understand yet, I’m kind of wondering how we’re going to manage!.

On other news it was other mrs Siths birthday yesterday and we had a lovely day at a spa while my gran looked after mini Sith.

She loved relaxing and being pampered it did wonders to make her feel better and less stressed and pregnant, I bought her some lovely jewellery which she’s really happy with and in the evening she went out with her sister and some friends for dinner and to watch a film while I stayed at home, so happy she had a great day :).

Was locked out of my room yesterday. That was a productive start of the week. We have these chips to open the doors in the dorm. The mechanism on our door broke down when I was in the kitchen. Luckily, one of the roommates was in there and could let me in, and they fixed it by now. Still, I am wondering what would be wrong with just a normal old-fashioned key and keylock. Way less danger of it stopping working. But why make it simple when you can make it complicatedly hi-tech, right?

Anyway, had a quite productive day. Am tired now.

On 10/5/2019 at 1:43 PM, RhaenysBee said:

I kinda meant to imply continuous enjoyment. 

Thank you! And yeah, I know, I keep telling that to myself,  but it’s definitely nice to Be reminded, thanks! 

Aha, I see, makes sense. So what’s non-tap contemporary dance like? I never danced, so I’m kinda clueless in the topic. 

Also, have you guys ever had friendships that completely disintegrated? I mean I had this one childhood friend who I was quite close with growing up and then we slowly grew apart by our early twenties because we both changed in different directions. And now here’s this other friend that I was very good friends with for several years. We did have a long running conflict that was never resolved and there was a point around February when I just knew we crossed a line from where there was no coming back. Still we could very well  have stayed just casual friends who would hang out and discuss a couple shared interests every other month, like I do with other casual friends. But no, our friendship’s still decaying and in the most comical way possible, as sad that is to say. 

Hide contents

Today I asked if she got the desserts she wanted for her birthday and she said yeah but she has to pick them up because the woman making them couldn’t make the delivery at the time and place she wanted to, so the woman dropped the desserts a few tram stops from the pub where she has her birthday (and wanted the desserts delivered)And I said I hope she didn’t have to pay a delivery fee if she has to take care of the pickup. She said she did because the woman still had petrol cost, and I said, okay, I’m glad she got the desserts at least. And then she went on to say that she doesn’t like throwing tantrums to get people to spoil her and that when she has a flat in (insert my neighborhood) she’ll have everything delivered to the door like the big guys. Dude I mean... ! What’s there for me to do at this point other than laugh...

why should I even bother to spend my evening going to this person’s birthday? 

Oh man, whatever. Maybe it’s my fault and I’m the crappy friend. Never mind. I have paint to purchase. 

Hello! here i am, preparing for my mid term exams.

It has happened to me, but it's not a common thing. I've had the luck of maintaining real friends over the years, but I just got reminded of my bff from my twenties, with whom I didn't reconnect. Recently I got news that she also abruptly split her friendship with her best school friend in a  similar, weird fashion. 

As for good friends becoming casual friends or so, I guess so as well. But also becoming more close again.

Just go there if you feel so. Some people, even good friends, just go throw difficult times sometimes, others are just toxic. With the first ones, talking and time will help, with the others, not.

On 10/22/2019 at 5:08 PM, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I might just get the ends done as every time I think about going shorter I chicken out.

Every kid is different, I’m sure your son will turn into a upstanding young gentleman in time :), he just seems like he’s being teenagery at the moment and he sounds pretty good to be honest.

We have baby 2 on the way, due in February, we’ve tried explaining to mini Sith that she’s going to have a little sister but she doesn’t really understand yet, I’m kind of wondering how we’re going to manage!.

On other news it was other mrs Siths birthday yesterday and we had a lovely day at a spa while my gran looked after mini Sith.

She loved relaxing and being pampered it did wonders to make her feel better and less stressed and pregnant, I bought her some lovely jewellery which she’s really happy with and in the evening she went out with her sister and some friends for dinner and to watch a film while I stayed at home, so happy she had a great day :).

That sounds like the wise decision to me. Every time I cut more than 1-2 inches of my hair I end up regretting it in two weeks. 

I’m sure mini sith will enjoy a baby sister she can play with even if the split attention of her parents might be difficult to get used to. Still, she’s most likely going to love having a sister, because even if siblings are often annoying and tiring, they are still great to have. 

happy belated birthday to the other lady sith! :commie: glad to hear she had a nice day and a break from everyday routine! 

On 10/22/2019 at 6:27 PM, Buckwheat said:

Was locked out of my room yesterday. That was a productive start of the week. We have these chips to open the doors in the dorm. The mechanism on our door broke down when I was in the kitchen. Luckily, one of the roommates was in there and could let me in, and they fixed it by now. Still, I am wondering what would be wrong with just a normal old-fashioned key and keylock. Way less danger of it stopping working. But why make it simple when you can make it complicatedly hi-tech, right?

Anyway, had a quite productive day. Am tired now.

I think they are supposed to safer when working properly but I whole heartedly understand that a simple key seems easier. When a place isn’t a 4 to 5 star hotel with immediate, 24/7 maintenance, these high tech solutions can get troublesome to maintain. 

congrats on the productive day!  

On 10/22/2019 at 7:55 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

Hello! here i am, preparing for my mid term exams.

It has happened to me, but it's not a common thing. I've had the luck of maintaining real friends over the years, but I just got reminded of my bff from my twenties, with whom I didn't reconnect. Recently I got news that she also abruptly split her friendship with her best school friend in a  similar, weird fashion. 

As for good friends becoming casual friends or so, I guess so as well. But also becoming more close again.

Just go there if you feel so. Some people, even good friends, just go throw difficult times sometimes, others are just toxic. With the first ones, talking and time will help, with the others, not.

I think it’s the way of life that one finds new friendships in new stages of life, and sometimes these shifts of focus and new chapters come at the cost of losing friends from a previous one. I think that’s okay, it’s just difficult to experience it and to point out the line between a friendship that’s just experiencing difficult and is still worth the work and relationships that are best let go. 

I didn’t follow up on this story but I did go to the birthday, it was rather weird but not necessarily unpleasant and we’ve continued to stay casual friends with the friend, which seems to work for both of us for the time being. 

we had a bank holiday yesterday, I stayed in bed late, went to see a film and have drinks with sister. I have the rest of the week off, so I’m on a mission to switch off and disconnect from work. It’s not very easy as I have a couple calls scheduled for both today and tomorrow. There’ll also be school holidays next week which means that I’ll have the flat all to myself and that’s going to be very relaxing as well. 

@RhaenysBee, which movie did you see? I went to see Downton Abbey last weekend.

Kitchen was horrible today morning. People are disgusting and is it really that hard to stick to the schedule with taking care of the garbage?

I think the library here is adorable, but tomorrow I will probably go to the other one to find some other relevant literature. I have actually done and found a few useful things this week. Am also looking forward to the weekend.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

@RhaenysBee, which movie did you see? I went to see Downton Abbey last weekend.

Kitchen was horrible today morning. People are disgusting and is it really that hard to stick to the schedule with taking care of the garbage?

I think the library here is adorable, but tomorrow I will probably go to the other one to find some other relevant literature. I have actually done and found a few useful things this week. Am also looking forward to the weekend.

We saw downton abbey too! :cheers: it was really lovely, a visually beautiful, heartwarming feel-good movie. We really liked it. How about you, what are your thoughts? 

That sounds awful, I’m really sorry. Lack of hygiene is one of the most annoying things in people. Wow I sound very friendly, don’t I? You all know what I mean. 

so the other week when I booked hair salon and manicure appointments, I must have had some temporary brain failure because both appointments turned out to be put in my calendar at the wrong time. I still sort of believe/hope that the it was the hair salon that screwed up because 14.45 is way too specific a time that I would mistakenly put it in my calendar. I am sure however that the mistake was on my end regarding the nail appointment.

Anyway, now both appointments had to be rescheduled for next week so a lot of spare time fell into my hands. so I randomly walked into a pop up exhibition in the castle district. For an exhibition that is about the excavation and recovery of a single bastion, it was intriguing and emotionally engaging. To me, at least, I’m convinced that 95% of humanity would most likely consider it a dull waste of time. But I was incredibly happy that I came upon it. 

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

That sounds like the wise decision to me. Every time I cut more than 1-2 inches of my hair I end up regretting it in two weeks. 

I’m sure mini sith will enjoy a baby sister she can play with even if the split attention of her parents might be difficult to get used to. Still, she’s most likely going to love having a sister, because even if siblings are often annoying and tiring, they are still great to have. 

happy belated birthday to the other lady sith! :commie: glad to hear she had a nice day and a break from everyday routine! 

I think they are supposed to safer when working properly but I whole heartedly understand that a simple key seems easier. When a place isn’t a 4 to 5 star hotel with immediate, 24/7 maintenance, these high tech solutions can get troublesome to maintain. 

congrats on the productive day!  

I think it’s the way of life that one finds new friendships in new stages of life, and sometimes these shifts of focus and new chapters come at the cost of losing friends from a previous one. I think that’s okay, it’s just difficult to experience it and to point out the line between a friendship that’s just experiencing difficult and is still worth the work and relationships that are best let go. 

I didn’t follow up on this story but I did go to the birthday, it was rather weird but not necessarily unpleasant and we’ve continued to stay casual friends with the friend, which seems to work for both of us for the time being. 

we had a bank holiday yesterday, I stayed in bed late, went to see a film and have drinks with sister. I have the rest of the week off, so I’m on a mission to switch off and disconnect from work. It’s not very easy as I have a couple calls scheduled for both today and tomorrow. There’ll also be school holidays next week which means that I’ll have the flat all to myself and that’s going to be very relaxing as well. 

Thank you, yes she had a lovely day, and it really cheered her up.

I hope Mini Sith is a good big sister too, I think she will be, although she is being very mischievous today!.

28 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Hi hello. Just swinging by. Sorry for vanishing without explanation. I'm fine, if anyone was worried, I had some stuff to sort out but I'm getting on top of it now.

@rocksniffer thanks for your email bro, it meant a lot.

:grouphug: Welcome back.

51 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Hi hello. Just swinging by. Sorry for vanishing without explanation. I'm fine, if anyone was worried, I had some stuff to sort out but I'm getting on top of it now.

BlackBear!!! Hi! :grouphug: :kiss: we missed you! How is life treating you these days? 

so I’ve been cooking since morning. No, that’s a lie, since 11am. (And it’s because I’m slow and amateur not because I’ve been cooking a lot of or complicated dishes) And after I spent a lifetime finding the recipe i used last year to make pumpkin soup, I finally tackled the 3kg pumpkin I had lying around. Well, partly, I’m still roasting half of it so I can purée it and it can go into a muffin. And then there are two more raw slices and I’m not sure if I should dice and freeze them for a future portion of pumpkin soup or just roast it whole and take it for lunch tomorrow. I also have two cans of puréed pumpkin for future muffins or pancakes. The pumpkin galore is real. 

Wow, you buy a lot of pumpkin.

I had a relaxing weekend with lots of sightseeing. Was almost kicked out of the museum today because they were closing and I was probably the last one there. Whoopsie.

Also only realised we switched to the winter time when I figured out my phone clock does not match my (analog) alarm clock.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Wow, you buy a lot of pumpkin.

I had a relaxing weekend with lots of sightseeing. Was almost kicked out of the museum today because they were closing and I was probably the last one there. Whoopsie.

Also only realised we switched to the winter time when I figured out my phone clock does not match my (analog) alarm clock.

I actually bought one, but it happened to be a rather large one. And I do love pumpkin. 

that sounds nice! What kind of museum were you visiting? 

yes, I was rather happy about the fact that when I climbed out of bed at 11am, it was only 10am. 

28 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I actually bought one, but it happened to be a rather large one. And I do love pumpkin. 

that sounds nice! What kind of museum were you visiting? 

yes, I was rather happy about the fact that when I climbed out of bed at 11am, it was only 10am. 

I have never tried to cook pumpkin. I had a pumpkin soup once or twice. I didn't think it was something I particularly loved. But it was okay. It seems to be a much more popular thing in your place.

An ethnological collection.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I have never tried to cook pumpkin. I had a pumpkin soup once or twice. I didn't think it was something I particularly loved. But it was okay. It seems to be a much more popular thing in your place.

An ethnological collection.

I dont know if it’s generally popular, my late grandma and mother both love pumpkin and squash and the rest so we had it a lot when I was a kid and it stuck with me. (For once it’s not an americanism the internet makes me want to do) 

ah, I see, it must have been a nice exhibition! 

I’m very pleasantly tired. I cleaned the house, baked two types of muffins* , cooked the pumpkin soup, and made jacket potatoes because I had leftover garlic from the soup and I wanted to make use of it and I thought jacket potatoes would go well with a butter-garlic-pepper-rosemary spread.
I’m always amazed how much I enjoy cooking when I actually make myself do it. Then again, I rarely decide to allocate time to cooking, or when I do it’s always 21st century 15-minute comfort cooking and not actually producing food from scratch. Let’s not go down this philosophical rabbit hole. Point is, if cooking was all I had to do everyday of my life, I’m sure I’d enjoy it and perhaps even get at least decent at it. 

* Muffin Adventures - Episode 1 

Spoiler

These things turn out differently EVERY TIME. 
first off, cup measurements are the bane of my existence. Why, just why can’t everybody in the world use the metric system?

anyway, I converted the cup measurements into grams today and they yielded vastly different proportions than the last time I used this exact same recipe and converted the cups into milliliters (so I could use my metric measuring cup). As a result, the muffins turned out way more moist than last time (when they were just perfect). Oh well. 

with the pumpkin ones, now that I used the homemade from scratch purée I made, the texture is very different from what I usually get. Way more structured and cakes. Then again, I may have overmixed the batter, which would cause a similar result. And I was to lazy to make the cream cheese topping too. And I even overbaked them a little. 

nevertheless, both muffins are delicious and go very well with (rum infused) tea. :cheers: 

Happy Monday my lovelies :kiss:

Welcome back Black Bear :grouphug:

Looks like people had a nice weekend.  Mine was pretty boring.

I do love me some pumpkin too.  I made some amazing pumpkin muffins a couple of weeks ago, with a ginger crumb topping.  I love ginger too :) I got a huge bag of candied ginger from a specialty candy store when we visited the outlets a few weeks ago.  I also like putting the ginger crumb topping on pumpkin pies, as a nice little sing to them.

12 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

well without you my Brother Bear, i gotta carry the lusting freak flag all alone... :leer::commie::leer:

you know where to find me...

:cheers:

Ugh what a couple of days, mini Sith has been poorly :(, she is starting to recover now though but was a bit unsettled last night so I didn’t get enough sleep.

I also have my first Krav Maga class tonight, wish me luck :commie:.

On 10/24/2019 at 2:17 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Indeed, it's always difficult... I think you did well, just living the moment, you'll know if it's worth with time. As long as it is not unpleasant, it can still be casual right now.

Oh, I wanted to watch Downtown, but since I have not watched the last season, I decided not to, and instead I went to watch Joker. I really liked it, but it made me feel quite anxious.

Wheeeeeeeew. Just locked my keys into the kitchen locker in my dorm and had a few panic moments when I thought I wouldn't be able to get them back until the morning when the cleaning ladies come with the spare keys. Luckily, my friends who were there managed to get into contact with somebody who had the spare key so it wasn't necessary to either call the service and pay a small fortune for opening up or spend the night in the kitchen/in the roommate's bed/in some other uncomfortable place. The same key chip opens everything in this building, from the kitchen locker to my bedroom, so I couldn't really do anything without it. And I had no phone to call the service either, but one of the friends had her phone and the number of somebody who had the contact of somebody else who had the spare key ... so long story short, I am now in my own bed in the bedroom and very grateful the person had the spare key and could get to us quickly.

(In case it wasn't clear, everybody in the kitchen was also a resident of the same dorm, so they could have helped me open all the other doors ... except for my kitchen locker and my bedroom.)

Archived