TTTNE 476 - the ghost of series past

RhaenysBee

10 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Hello everyone, sorry I haven't posted much this week I wasn't feeling well, fortunately I'm feeling much better now :).

So we had another scan yesterday, Mini Sith 2 is healthy and kicking (I'm glad it's not me this time) and due in the middle of Febuary, we still haven't come to much agreement with names though :(.

Also @RhaenysBee you know where you can find Ravens?, in the tower of London, it is tradition that if there are less than 6 Ravens in the tower it means that England will fall!.

Glad you’re feeling okay and that mini sith 2 is all well! Don’t worry, still plenty of time to pick a name. 

Oh right! I remember that. Ah I should visit there again, it was my favorite sight when I first traveled to London.

51 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Glad you’re feeling okay and that mini sith 2 is all well! Don’t worry, still plenty of time to pick a name. 

Oh right! I remember that. Ah I should visit there again, it was my favorite sight when I first traveled to London.

I kind of like Freya but I think we’re going to be getting a Russian name!.

I remember visiting the tower when I was little with school and it seemed so big and exciting, I’ve not visited as an adult but I have been past it and remember thinking it looks so small!.

2 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I kind of like Freya but I think we’re going to be getting a Russian name!.

I remember visiting the tower when I was little with school and it seemed so big and exciting, I’ve not visited as an adult but I have been past it and remember thinking it looks so small!.

I visited there for the first time when I was maybe 13ish? And then went back with school when I was 16 and loved it both times. Haven’t done any sightseeing in London since then, but I might check it out when I’m there next time. 

oh and good luck with Russian names, some of their girls’ names are absolutely beautiful!  my personal favorite is Vasilisa. 

7 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I visited there for the first time when I was maybe 13ish? And then went back with school when I was 16 and loved it both times. Haven’t done any sightseeing in London since then, but I might check it out when I’m there next time. 

oh and good luck with Russian names, some of their girls’ names are absolutely beautiful!  my personal favorite is Vasilisa. 

I guess I sort of take sightseeing in London for granted a bit as it’s on my doorstep.

Vasilisa?, I like it, although it does sound a bit like Visenya, although that wouldn’t be a bad thing :P.

1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I guess I sort of take sightseeing in London for granted a bit as it’s on my doorstep.

Vasilisa?, I like it, although it does sound a bit like Visenya, although that wouldn’t be a bad thing :P.

:D makes perfect sense. 

there’s a (slightly creepy) russian fairy tale, vasilisa the beauty, I’m sure Mrs Sith knows it too. I used to have a ridiculously beautifully illustrated book with fairy tales of various ethnicities, and Vasilisa the Beauty was my favorite of the collection. It was simultaneously magical and horrifying, and you couldn’t put it down no matter how creepy it got. Anyway, vasilisa is a pretty name :D 

Congrats on being smokefree. 

Guys, I don’t understand this city’s food delivery market. We have Wolt, we have a competitor for Wolt, we have regular restaurant deliveries. The prices are pretty steep for what they used to be even a year ago. So how, HOW is it possible that my food delivery on a random Saturday evening is expected to arrive in 188 minutes, yes, ladies and gentlemen, you read right, 188 minutes. I could get dressed, go out, sit my arse down at a fully booked restaurant, order main course and dessert, pay and get back home in 188 minutes. Are. You. Freaking. Kidding. Me. I’m so sick of this city. I’m so sick of everything! Except for Kate Hudson romcoms. And heating pads. and chocolate. :leaving: 

23 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

:D makes perfect sense. 

there’s a (slightly creepy) russian fairy tale, vasilisa the beauty, I’m sure Mrs Sith knows it too. I used to have a ridiculously beautifully illustrated book with fairy tales of various ethnicities, and Vasilisa the Beauty was my favorite of the collection. It was simultaneously magical and horrifying, and you couldn’t put it down no matter how creepy it got. Anyway, vasilisa is a pretty name :D 

She does know it and said it was a bit scary when she was little!.

Sorry to hear your Saturday evening didn’t go to plan :(, some of my friends were trying to persuade me to go out tonight, other mrs Sith said it’s fine go, I will chill with mini Sith, but I just didn’t want to go so made an excuse to my friends and have stayed at home.

17 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Except for Kate Hudson romcoms. And heating pads. and chocolate. :leaving: 

I see you are having a similar weekend to mine.

I took my heating pad to my bed last night. It started leaking water. :angry2: So my bed was completely wet. That was a great night, I tell you. :rolleyes:

19 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

She does know it and said it was a bit scary when she was little!.

Sorry to hear your Saturday evening didn’t go to plan :(, some of my friends were trying to persuade me to go out tonight, other mrs Sith said it’s fine go, I will chill with mini Sith, but I just didn’t want to go so made an excuse to my friends and have stayed at home.

I can see that it was quite creepy, but for me it sort of added to its appeal. 

Oh I understand you so much. I didn’t leave the house all weekend except to go to corner shop to pick up some butter for the pancakes I’m making. I was just curled up at home allllll weekend and while I felt guilty about it yesterday, I’m kinda over it, because what the hell, every once in a while it’s acceptable and tolerable to just do nothing and not be productive. 

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I see you are having a similar weekend to mine.

I took my heating pad to my bed last night. It started leaking water. :angry2: So my bed was completely wet. That was a great night, I tell you. :rolleyes:

Ugh, that sounds awful! Ugh, I’m so sorry that was probably the last thing you needed :stillsick:

maybe try cherry seed pillows? They are beatable and don’t leak for obvious reasons. Never had one but heard very good things about it. 

46 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

@RhaenysBee

This is what I am talking about.

And it is dark so early now.

I mean one depicts a rural autumn in sunny weather, the other a yucky urban rainy day. Hardly comparable :P

Come on, you know I can’t be converted :P :fencing:Not about autumn and Christmas, at least. (Don’t let my watching CXG fool you :D ) 

I do feel the dark, it kinda makes you feel like the day is over at 4:30. 

Hello Spamsters!

Plug:

I am doing Movember this year, and have been really bad at actually giving anyone a link, so here goes.

Over the course of November I will not shave any of my pitiful upper lip follicles in the hope of raising money for Prostate and Testicular cancer research and awareness. I will also be running 60km over the course of the month for the 60 men lost worldwide per hour to suicide.

'What can I do?' I hear you ask? Well if you're in possession of a pair of testicles the first thing you can do is check yourself for lumps. Here's how you do it. If you are in possession of a prostate, those over 50 should talk to their doctor about PSA testing.

If you wanted to help me out by donating I'd enormously appreciate it, and it all helps, and you can feel safe in the knowledge that somewhere in the world I am there looking like a tit.

https://mobro.co/14044614?mc=1

Plug over!

21 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Hello Spamsters!

Plug:

I am doing Movember this year, and have been really bad at actually giving anyone a link, so here goes.

Over the course of November I will not shave any of my pitiful upper lip follicles in the hope of raising money for Prostate and Testicular cancer research and awareness. I will also be running 60km over the course of the month for the 60 men lost worldwide per hour to suicide.

'What can I do?' I hear you ask? Well if you're in possession of a pair of testicles the first thing you can do is check yourself for lumps. Here's how you do it. If you are in possession of a prostate, those over 50 should talk to their doctor about PSA testing.

If you wanted to help me out by donating I'd enormously appreciate it, and it all helps, and you can feel safe in the knowledge that somewhere in the world I am there looking like a tit.

https://mobro.co/14044614?mc=1

Plug over!

You go Bear!

As for me, I'm going to be lazy and lift my whole FB post from this morning and just paste it here (with a little name substitution).

When Mrs. Chicken came downstairs yesterday morning I had the Beatles queued up on YouTube singing, "Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm 64". She said to me, "Well you haven't answered the question." So I said, "Of course, I'll still feed you". Which I could honestly say because I had a hot upside down pear ginger cake warming for her in the oven for her birthday.

15 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

No, no, you didn’t. I suppose people are just busy. Or they are like me and only check in for therapeutic purposes when they feel like shit and the approaching holidays make most people feel the contrary? Who knows. 

I hope you do not "feel like shit". I know people are busy.

I keep wishing Martin would finally pop out TWOW and give this place a boost.

8 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

I hope you do "feel like shit". I know people are busy.

I keep wishing Martin would finally pop out TWOW and give this place a boost.

:lol: 

I was thinking about that the other day in the shower. I don’t know if I would even buy and read that book if it came out. 

Archived