TTTNE 476 - the ghost of series past

RhaenysBee

6 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh no. Get well soon! Do you have someone to watch mini sith so you can rest a little?

Thankfully my gran is coming over, other mrs Sith hasn’t been feeling good either and she’s 7 months pregnant!, I’m kind of glad she’s coming as she will look after me and mini Sith and we both need it at the moment.

On 12/2/2019 at 11:13 AM, RhaenysBee said:

A humble 15 cm here, but it continued to snow almost all day. Now it stopped but the railway system completely crashed (it happens every time there’s snow/rain/strong wind/heat/any basic weather phenomenon) and I’m looking at an adventurous train journey to a country location where I’m supposed to work for the next days. 

Oh snow is beautiful, but be careful what you wish for :D 

I hope your travels go well. There are always problems when it snows here too even though we're "used to it".

19 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

It is winter up here in the hills. :wub:

I’m in the South (If its possible to define south within my... how was that, stamp sized? Country) and it’s -2C here. Verrrrry cold. But after the initial shock, I’m starting to enjoy it. 

20 hours ago, Jen'ari said:

Thankfully my gran is coming over, other mrs Sith hasn’t been feeling good either and she’s 7 months pregnant!, I’m kind of glad she’s coming as she will look after me and mini Sith and we both need it at the moment.

Aw that’s lovely, your gran is a superhero. How old is she?

Glad she can help out. And I hope mrs sith feels better soon, it must be pretty hard to feel unwell while pregnant. 

9 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

I hope your travels go well. There are always problems when it snows here too even though we're "used to it".

Well it’s a running joke here that transport systems are unable to handle any kind of weather other than the standard, dry, no wind 10-20C. Of course people don’t realize that transport systems face issues in other places too, we just tend to think that nature doesn’t affect the rest of the world and railways are glazed and spit rainbow in the great west. Oh well. 

this place is quite incredible by the way. Everything is a 10 minute walking system, the mall is prettier and opens sooner, everything is sooooo clean and there are so many cute little bistros and restaurants (with odd opening hours, per se). Oh and people are nice. everybody is so incredibly nice. They chat with you at cashier desks, they wish you a great day and they don’t act like you are yet another nuisance in their terrible day. It’s very pleasant. I finally understand the hype. 

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Aw that’s lovely, your gran is a superhero. How old is she?

Glad she can help out. And I hope mrs sith feels better soon, it must be pretty hard to feel unwell while pregnant. 

She has been amazing, it felt so good to get some much needed sleep, I spent nearly the whole of yesterday sleeping, except when my gran woke me up and made me have soup as I haven’t felt like eating at all,she is 81.

On 12/4/2019 at 11:51 AM, Jen'ari said:

She has been amazing, it felt so good to get some much needed sleep, I spent nearly the whole of yesterday sleeping, except when my gran woke me up and made me have soup as I haven’t felt like eating at all,she is 81.

81! She’s a superhuman! 

9 hours ago, Jen'ari said:

She is!, I'm still feeling bad but much improved from how I was a few days ago.

Ah that sounds good. Hope you’ll keep improving.

Meanwhile, I’ve gone on antibiotics too, as I’ve conducted some sort of glandular infection. My face is no longer swollen so much, but it’s still quite sensitive and hurts to the touch. Oh well. 

And, happy birthday to @Buckwheat! :commie: :cheers: It is today, am I correct? 

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Ah that sounds good. Hope you’ll keep improving.

Meanwhile, I’ve gone on antibiotics too, as I’ve conducted some sort of glandular infection. My face is no longer swollen so much, but it’s still quite sensitive and hurts to the touch. Oh well. 

And, happy birthday to @Buckwheat! :commie: :cheers: It is today, am I correct? 

Thank you, I’m feeling a bit better today and thankfully so is mini Sith, she even wanted to get up and have a little walk around the house :D.

Sorry to hear your not feeling well either I hope you get better soon.

Happy Birthday Buckleberry :commie:I hope you have an amazing day!.

On 12/7/2019 at 1:39 PM, Jen'ari said:

Thank you, I’m feeling a bit better today and thankfully so is mini Sith, she even wanted to get up and have a little walk around the house :D.

Sorry to hear your not feeling well either I hope you get better soon.

That sounds great, glad you guys are doing better. 

thanks I’m almost perfect myself, though with this dose of meds it’d be rather upsetting if I weren’t. 

I don’t know if I’ve posted about this here before, but we are currently renovating my old flat. And let me tell you all, it is a struggle. First off, the prices. How. How can it possibly cost 100k per square meter to renovate something in this goddamn side on this goddamn side of the river? That is the net minimum wage! And second - which is not as depressing, but way more infuriating -, the incompetence. Dude, I’m paying you an obscene amount of money. If I want black steel framed glass doors (for extra cost, obviously) you need to be able to give me black steel framed glass doors. And third, the quality. If I pay you to renovate my doors, you are not going to slap a seventh layer of white paint over the 2-millimeter thick peeling, yellowing white paint that’s been accumulating on the doors for 60 years. You are going to burn/scrape down the old paint, sand, fill in/carve, readjust, rehinge AND THEN repaint the doors. Oh my god.

And then the retailers. Okay, ma’am, you want a total of 4 square meters of floor tiles? I mean we don’t stock that kind of amount... Okay well let me make a call. Okay, it’ll be here around Wednesday or Thursday, ma’am. Well, I don’t know which day, the stock is coming all the way from POLAND, I can’t make any promises! Okay, well I have to call the producer. Okay, they said we can do wednesday. You want the tiles delivered to your home?! How the hell am I supposed to do that, ma’am? I don’t have a truck! You have to pick it up yourself! Well I mean I can give you the number of a truck company that delivers up to 1 ton, but honestly, a taxi would be cheaper... Great that’s a great idea, ma’am, you should come here by taxi and collect the tiles yourself. Well, what do you mean when can you come? Whenever we call that the stock is here! (What do you mean you can’t be on standby all day so you can pick up premium goods yourself from a retailer?!) 

5 hours ago, KiDisaster said:

Happy belated birthday Bucky and seasons greetings to all you spammers :)

Kid! Thank you and of course, welcome back! :) How are you doing?

4 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

belated Cheers on your Name Day @Buckwheat, beloved Queen of my heart...

...i shall raise my next glass to you :cheers:

Thank you, Sniffer. :cheers:

18 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

That sounds great, glad you guys are doing better. 

thanks I’m almost perfect myself, though with this dose of meds it’d be rather upsetting if I weren’t. 

I don’t know if I’ve posted about this here before, but we are currently renovating my old flat. And let me tell you all, it is a struggle. First off, the prices. How. How can it possibly cost 100k per square meter to renovate something in this goddamn side on this goddamn side of the river? That is the net minimum wage! And second - which is not as depressing, but way more infuriating -, the incompetence. Dude, I’m paying you an obscene amount of money. If I want black steel framed glass doors (for extra cost, obviously) you need to be able to give me black steel framed glass doors. And third, the quality. If I pay you to renovate my doors, you are not going to slap a seventh layer of white paint over the 2-millimeter thick peeling, yellowing white paint that’s been accumulating on the doors for 60 years. You are going to burn/scrape down the old paint, sand, fill in/carve, readjust, rehinge AND THEN repaint the doors. Oh my god.

And then the retailers. Okay, ma’am, you want a total of 4 square meters of floor tiles? I mean we don’t stock that kind of amount... Okay well let me make a call. Okay, it’ll be here around Wednesday or Thursday, ma’am. Well, I don’t know which day, the stock is coming all the way from POLAND, I can’t make any promises! Okay, well I have to call the producer. Okay, they said we can do wednesday. You want the tiles delivered to your home?! How the hell am I supposed to do that, ma’am? I don’t have a truck! You have to pick it up yourself! Well I mean I can give you the number of a truck company that delivers up to 1 ton, but honestly, a taxi would be cheaper... Great that’s a great idea, ma’am, you should come here by taxi and collect the tiles yourself. Well, what do you mean when can you come? Whenever we call that the stock is here! (What do you mean you can’t be on standby all day so you can pick up premium goods yourself from a retailer?!) 

Thank you, we’re slowly getting better, my gran is staying until tomorrow or the day after anyway though she’s been great and I think just likes spending time with mini Sith.

Renovation is very hard and frustrating work!, loads of stuff you think will be easy turns into a long winded disaster!.

9 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Kid! Thank you and of course, welcome back! :) How are you doing?

I'm good. It's been a busy year but a good one. Been focused on my health, losing a bit of weight and finally getting my blood pressure back to normal. Feeling good and looking forward to keeping it going in the new year. 

How are you doing?

20 hours ago, Jen'ari said:

Thank you, we’re slowly getting better, my gran is staying until tomorrow or the day after anyway though she’s been great and I think just likes spending time with mini Sith.

Renovation is very hard and frustrating work!, loads of stuff you think will be easy turns into a long winded disaster!.

Of course she does. I can only imagine how adorable mini sith must be and I’m sure your gran enjoys having a kiddo in the family. 

Oh yes, and every time you think something is on track, shit happens and you have to replan, readjust, reschedule which becomes and endless cycle. Oh well. It’s almost Christmas and that’ll be a little break from all the craziness. 

still no plans for New Year’s Eve. I’ll have to figure out something and soon. 

6 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Of course she does. I can only imagine how adorable mini sith must be and I’m sure your gran enjoys having a kiddo in the family. 

Oh yes, and every time you think something is on track, shit happens and you have to replan, readjust, reschedule which becomes and endless cycle. Oh well. It’s almost Christmas and that’ll be a little break from all the craziness. 

still no plans for New Year’s Eve. I’ll have to figure out something and soon. 

She is tiring,sometimes frustrating but mostly and always adorable, my gran does love spending time with her and she says she reminds her of me when I was that age!, I guess she would know.

Were having a family Christmas here mrs Sith is VERY pregnant and just wants a nice happy chilled day where she doesn’t want to cook, as I’m a complete disaster in the kitchen it means my gran will be stepping in then too!.

We redesigned our kitchen a while back and that was no where near as straightforward as we thought it would be, renovations are hard!.

Archived