TTTNE 476 - the ghost of series past

RhaenysBee

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

@RhaenysBee there is only one possible response to your post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDx6ai-HA1M

Cold showers are rather unpleasant, but to put the topics she sung about into perspective,personally I’d rate them.

Cocaine>>>>Cold Showers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>being pregnant :P.

In other news this is a day to be remembered in the history of the galaxy, mini Sith is 2 :commie:, we have had a fun little party for her , she doesn’t really understand what’s going on yet but has been enjoying everyone making a fuss of her all day, she’s tired herself out now though and is having a nap.

12 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

understanding the value of a well timed nap is the purview of the very young and very old...

...it must suck to be you people in the middle   :lmao:

Oh I’d love to have a nap sometimes, just that us people in the middle don’t tend to have that option as much :P.

On 12/31/2019 at 5:32 PM, Buckwheat said:

I am in Barcelona. It is nice, we went to the maritime museum with many ships.

Now my feet are killing me because of the new shoes.

And to you, Fomn! How are you doing these days?

Barcelona is nice. And I'm good! I'm going to study in Stockholm for 5 months in two weeks so I'm really looking forward to that :) How are you?

On 1/2/2020 at 12:06 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Ah, I’m watching Downton Abbey and it’s a cure for my soul. I don’t know where this gem of television has been all my life. 

Yay, we agree on a show again ;) welcome to the party.

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

Barcelona is nice. And I'm good! I'm going to study in Stockholm for 5 months in two weeks so I'm really looking forward to that :) How are you?

Erasmus in the summer semester, that is a great idea! I am sure you are going to be having the best time of your life. How is learning Swedish going?

I ... have another job interview on Wednesday. Then I am going back to Austria till the end of the month to get the best use of my last weeks there, at least work a little bit more on the dissertation. If everything goes right, I will start working full time in April (probably won't have that much time for studying then anymore).

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Wow that sounds so cool! Stockholm will be amazing, I’m sure, make the most of your time, and visit as much of Sweden as you can! 

aww see, my taste in shows isn’t that terrible after all! :lol: downton is the first show since full house that made me feel so warm and fuzzy. 

19 hours ago, First of My Name said:

That sounds amazing, I hope you have a great time, I’ve never been to Sweden or Norway but I’d love to.

Im feeling kind of stressed and tired and under appreciated at the moment :(.

20 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Erasmus in the summer semester, that is a great idea! I am sure you are going to be having the best time of your life. How is learning Swedish going?

I ... have another job interview on Wednesday. Then I am going back to Austria till the end of the month to get the best use of my last weeks there, at least work a little bit more on the dissertation. If everything goes right, I will start working full time in April (probably won't have that much time for studying then anymore).

I gave up learning Swedish after two weeks because I thought the Duolingo app was annoying :P

Good to hear, good luck with the interview. Would the full-time job be as a teacher or something else?

17 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Wow that sounds so cool! Stockholm will be amazing, I’m sure, make the most of your time, and visit as much of Sweden as you can! 

aww see, my taste in shows isn’t that terrible after all! :lol: downton is the first show since full house that made me feel so warm and fuzzy. 

Thanks, and I definitely intend to :) The Downton movie is great too!

2 hours ago, Jen'ari said:

That sounds amazing, I hope you have a great time, I’ve never been to Sweden or Norway but I’d love to.

Im feeling kind of stressed and tired and under appreciated at the moment :(.

Thanks! But I'm sorry to hear that, how come?

24 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

I gave up learning Swedish after two weeks because I thought the Duolingo app was annoying :P

Pfffffff. Doesn't your university offer language courses for outgoing students or something? Learning in a group is surely more fun than with Duolingo. I encourage everybody who goes on an Erasmus to learn at least some of the language of the host country, what's the point of even going if not?

25 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Pfffffff. Doesn't your university offer language courses for outgoing students or something? Learning in a group is surely more fun than with Duolingo. I encourage everybody who goes on an Erasmus to learn at least some of the language of the host country, what's the point of even going if not?

I'm only there for 4 months, and we're actually not allowed to take language courses, I think they consider that too easy? Plus I'll mostly be around international students instead of actual Swedish people :P 

5 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

I'm only there for 4 months, and we're actually not allowed to take language courses, I think they consider that too easy? Plus I'll mostly be around international students instead of actual Swedish people :P 

Who doesn't allow that? That is so stupid, I have never heard of any university discouraging your from that.

I know, it is sad that most Erasmus students end up like this and don't manage to connect with the native students.

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

Good to hear, good luck with the interview. Would the full-time job be as a teacher or something else?

Thanks! But I'm sorry to hear that, how come?

I’m sure you will have a great time :), I’m just finding things difficult at the moment other mrs Sith is 8 months pregnant and struggling a bit and she seems to be constantly tired and grumpy which I can’t really blame her for but it just means I’ve been doing everything around the house while pretty much looking after mini Sith full time too, it’s hard work!.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Who doesn't allow that? That is so stupid, I have never heard of any university discouraging your from that.

I know, it is sad that most Erasmus students end up like this and don't manage to connect with the native students.

A language course is considered below the difficulty level I'm expected to study at in my second year, I think. I don't really mind since I've got some pretty cool courses lined up.

Well, I value connecting with foreign students of any country, they don't have to be Swedes necessarily. And I'll be living in a flat with a few dozen of them so I'll get my share of new people :) Though ironically a classmate from Philosophy will be living right next to me.

16 minutes ago, Jen'ari said:

I’m sure you will have a great time :), I’m just finding things difficult at the moment other mrs Sith is 8 months pregnant and struggling a bit and she seems to be constantly tired and grumpy which I can’t really blame her for but it just means I’ve been doing everything around the house while pretty much looking after mini Sith full time too, it’s hard work!.

I had no idea you were expecting your second, congratulations! That sounds trying to put up with but I'm sure it'll all be worth it a month from now. Besides, it wouldn't suit a Sith if she was all rainbows and sunshine ;) 

25 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

A language course is considered below the difficulty level I'm expected to study at in my second year, I think. I don't really mind since I've got some pretty cool courses lined up.

Well, I value connecting with foreign students of any country, they don't have to be Swedes necessarily. And I'll be living in a flat with a few dozen of them so I'll get my share of new people :) Though ironically a classmate from Philosophy will be living right next to me.

I am sure you could take a language course in addition to your other courses if you wanted. Wait, sometimes I forget other people are not as big nerds as I am ... 

That is going to be a big flat!

Are your lectures going to be in English?

45 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

I had no idea you were expecting your second, congratulations! That sounds trying to put up with but I'm sure it'll all be worth it a month from now. Besides, it wouldn't suit a Sith if she was all rainbows and sunshine ;) 

Yes we are, we’re both really excited about it!, she wants it over with at this point and having been through it myself I can sympathise, it’s one of the better things about being married to another woman, I don’t have to do all the hard work when it comes to having kids :P.

Shes due about the middle of Feb, and we’ve decided on a name already, well I say we but she gets the final say this time just as I did with mini Sith.

I’ve been a lot more rainbows and sunshine recently to be fair!.

20 hours ago, First of My Name said:

:agree: Duolingo is soooooo useless and not at all practical. I tried to revive my German via duolingo but the stupid owl made me practice words like he she it, bread, water, to be and a/an for hours without end so I ditched it. :( I mean I didn’t forget THAT. 

indeed, it was what inspired me to start the series.

18 hours ago, Jen'ari said:

Ugh I understand you, it must be quite difficult to juggle everything on your own with mini sith. Is there any chance you can get some help from family or a nanny or something for the upcoming weeks? Hope things turn for the better and you’ll feel less pressure. 

18 hours ago, First of My Name said:

This sounds so lovely! I expect living with so many foreign students will make socializing in the new environment quick and easy. I’m sure you will have a blast in Sweden! 

17 hours ago, Jen'ari said:

I’ve been a lot more rainbows and sunshine recently to be fair!.

This is great to hear! :cheers: 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Ugh I understand you, it must be quite difficult to juggle everything on your own with mini sith. Is there any chance you can get some help from family or a nanny or something for the upcoming weeks? Hope things turn for the better and you’ll feel less pressure. 

This sounds so lovely! I expect living with so many foreign students will make socializing in the new environment quick and easy. I’m sure you will have a blast in Sweden! 

This is great to hear! :cheers: 

I could afford to get some help for a few weeks but I kind of want to avoid doing that, all I really need is my lovey amazing wife to be back to normal, she was in a great mood last night to be fair, even though mini Sith 2 was kicking lots. I really understand how she’s feeling at the moment though so she gets a pass for being grumpy.

Aw come on I’ve been much happier and upbeat and sunshine and rainbows since the arrival of mini Sith, although the next few weeks are going to be tough, I will get through them.

I’ve got something I’m really looking forward to later on too, mrs Sith is going to look after mini Sith for a bit and I have music practice with some friends :commie:.

@Buckwheat yes I’ve actually seen it twice :unsure:, overall I really enjoyed it, obviously there are some aspects I wasn’t as fond of but overall I thought it was a good conclusion, it’s easily my favourite of the sequel trilogy.

On another subject music practice with my friends was really enjoyable and fun, I have this synth guitar effect pedal which has taken some tinkering around with but I’ve nailed it to do a song I really want to cover now :D.

Archived