TTTNE 476 - the ghost of series past

RhaenysBee

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh you’re still there? How much do you have left of your stay in NotVienna? 

Just until next Friday. And actually, the kitchen has been left surprisingly not-filthy yesterday, so I am happy about that.

On 1/17/2020 at 4:57 PM, RhaenysBee said:
  Hide contents

Couldn’t agree more. 
I’m not even sure what was the lowest point. One candidate is Chewie’s fake death and its aftermath which was hands down the worst 5 minutes of storytelling I have ever seen in my life.  Another is the Romeo and Juliet sequence of Rey and Kylo. And yet another is Rey and Kylo force-dragging and moving, functional aircraft in mid-air. For heaven’s sake it was a huge deal for Luke to see Yoda lift a LIFELESS vehicle and hover it for a few yards. HOW would either ray OR Kyle be able to pull this off? It also invalidates every single spaceship escape in the history of Star Wars. Why didn’t Vader just pull back the falcon with the force all those times? Oh god... and the whole Palpatine storyline undermined the fundamental concept of Star Wars, the balance between good and evil. And I suppose gravity was on a smoke break when Palpatine killed the resistance fleet so they could just float around sllooooooooooowly before he died. And I hated that Rey called herself Skywalker and went back to be alone in a desert after she started out the trilogy hating to be alone in a desert. UGH it was sooooo awful. 

Yep, yep, yep. At least the trilogy's over now.

Good afternoon everyone, just popping in for a bit. Life's been going good, I'm now off crutches, moved into my own place, and I'm finally into the uni I've been wanting to go too. Still not 100% recovered from the accident, but getting closer every day.

On 1/24/2020 at 11:17 PM, Kaminsod said:

Good afternoon everyone, just popping in for a bit. Life's been going good, I'm now off crutches, moved into my own place, and I'm finally into the uni I've been wanting to go too. Still not 100% recovered from the accident, but getting closer every day.

Hello Wally, nice to see you are doing better. Which uni will you be attending? Do you know what you’ll major in? 
hope you’ll soon be completely healed :grouphug: 

Ugh, I am SO cold. I have no idea what’s going on this winter but I’m cold all the time. It’s only 0 to -1C and yet every living thing is freezing. The dogs are freezing, I am freezing and since my father had the heating system changed at my parents’ house, the temperature inside won’t go above 21-22C. So I’m just sitting on the ottoman under the window because this way I can at least lean against the radiator. 

the dogs got their vaccines this morning, they were more or less well-behaved. I don’t know if it’s the cold too, but they act like they are being starved. They keep nicking dog food and chewing through unopened bags of dog food. As a result they are all rather fat. 

Hello everyone I hope you’re all having a good ending to January, I’ve been a bit preoccupied, I had a tooth removed last week which has been a bit troublesome since and started bleeding again last night so was back at the dentist today, I’m hoping it settles down a bit now.

Also having to look after mini Sith full time at the moment and mini Sith 2 is due in the next few weeks!, exciting and exhausting times.

21 minutes ago, Jen'ari said:

Hello everyone I hope you’re all having a good ending to January, I’ve been a bit preoccupied, I had a tooth removed last week which has been a bit troublesome since and started bleeding again last night so was back at the dentist today, I’m hoping it settles down a bit now.

Also having to look after mini Sith full time at the moment and mini Sith 2 is due in the next few weeks!, exciting and exhausting times.

Get well soon! 

Good luck, you will do great! They say the transition from 1 kid to 2 is the most difficult. So Mini sith 3 will be a piece of cake, I suppose, you guys will be pros by then. :D 

The semester is ending and with it the Erasmus for a lot of people around me. Everybody is so sad. For me, it is easier since I have already gone through the same thing twice and I know that post-Erasmus depression is something that needs to be dealt with, but it is still making me somewhat sad - mainly for everybody else. For myself, I know that there are exciting things coming up in the next few months, so I am ready to leave. I think.

Get well soon! 

Good luck, you will do great! They say the transition from 1 kid to 2 is the most difficult. So Mini sith 3 will be a piece of cake, I suppose, you guys will be pros by then. :D 

I will be ok, it's just a bit gross at the moment having a big blood clot in my mouth.

Mini Sith 3?????!!!!!,no no no no I don't think that will be happening anytime soon,or ever!!.

At least we have decided on a name for Mini Sith 2, it's not Visenya or Baela though :(.

On 1/27/2020 at 8:45 PM, Jen'ari said:

I will be ok, it's just a bit gross at the moment having a big blood clot in my mouth.

Mini Sith 3?????!!!!!,no no no no I don't think that will be happening anytime soon,or ever!!.

At least we have decided on a name for Mini Sith 2, it's not Visenya or Baela though :(.

Ugh, doesn’t sound very pleasant. 

well you know, you never know, after mini sith 2 you will have got the hang of it all :D :P 

baela is still a man’s name in my land, so I can only say that she’s better off not being Baela. Did neither of mini sith 1 and 2 get asoiaf related names after all? 

Ugh, doesn’t sound very pleasant. 

well you know, you never know, after mini sith 2 you will have got the hang of it all :D :P 

baela is still a man’s name in my land, so I can only say that she’s better off not being Baela. Did neither of mini sith 1 and 2 get asoiaf related names after all? 

Well we wouldn’t mind having a boy I suppose to keep the no doubt squabbling sisters in line in a few years :P, but no I don’t think we will have any more, and for us it has to be a very planned thing.

Mini Sith ended up with a very popular but pretty name even though I said to myself I wasn’t going to give her one of the most popular names but in the end we both just really liked it.

It looks like Mini Sith 2 is going to be a Sashenka, I don’t have the final say this time but I’m happy with it, it’s a pretty name.

26 minutes ago, Jen'ari said:

Well we wouldn’t mind having a boy I suppose to keep the no doubt squabbling sisters in line in a few years :P, but no I don’t think we will have any more, and for us it has to be a very planned thing.

Mini Sith ended up with a very popular but pretty name even though I said to myself I wasn’t going to give her one of the most popular names but in the end we both just really liked it.

It looks like Mini Sith 2 is going to be a Sashenka, I don’t have the final say this time but I’m happy with it, it’s a pretty name.

Sašenka with a Š? :P Yes, I very much support the choices of names with Č, Š, Ž or whatever. If only to make it harder for every international digital system ever. ;) (Am a proud carrier of a surname with a Č in it.)

21 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Sašenka with a Š? :P Yes, I very much support the choices of names with Č, Š, Ž or whatever. If only to make it harder for every international digital system ever. ;) (Am a proud carrier of a surname with a Č in it.)

I’m not sure how it would be written in the traditional Cyrillic Russian alphabet?, either way it will be written in the English Roman one on her birth certificate although mrs Sith wants them both to learn Russian, so the only one who won’t be able to speak it is me!:(.

21 minutes ago, Jen'ari said:

I’m not sure how it would be written in the traditional Cyrillic Russian alphabet?, either way it will be written in the English Roman one on her birth certificate although mrs Sith wants them both to learn Russian, so the only one who won’t be able to speak it is me!:(.

Probably with a Ш, but I am not sure because I don't know that much about Russian.

And I think we went through this already - you are completely capable of learning enough Russian to talk to your daughters! ;) If you start at the same time as them, you have enough time and it is not like you will need to be talking about some complicated matter in the first decade.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Probably with a Ш, but I am not sure because I don't know that much about Russian.

And I think we went through this already - you are completely capable of learning enough Russian to talk to your daughters! ;) If you start at the same time as them, you have enough time and it is not like you will need to be talking about some complicated matter in the first decade.

I know but Russian is hard!, and they can speak English, I should learn really though.

On 1/26/2020 at 5:55 AM, RhaenysBee said:

Hello Wally, nice to see you are doing better. Which uni will you be attending? Do you know what you’ll major in? 
hope you’ll soon be completely healed :grouphug: 

Thanks Rhaenys, I'm happy you're still around. I'm attending the university of North Carolina at Charlotte. Basically going from the country to living in the states biggest city. I'm a music education major, meaning I'll most likely end up a chorus director. 

Archived