TTTNE 476 - the ghost of series past

RhaenysBee

My Renovation in Eastern Europe saga continues. 

I don’t like to talk trash my own country and people, but it’s so hard to believe that these things would happen in the UK or Scandinavia. 

When I go into a store to buy milk and ask for the price, I expect to hear the price I am going to pay at the cashier’s desk. You know what I mean. If I’m told that milk costs €3 and I pick up 2 bottles from the dairy aisle, I expect to pay €6. I don’t expect that €3 is the price per liter and a bottle contains 2,5 liters, so I’m starting out at €7,5 per bottle. I also don’t expect that €3 is a net price and will increase with the obscene 27% vat we have here. I mean is it a wonder that I get a heart attack at the cashier’s desk when my milk is scanned, and the receipt reads €19,05? 

With floorboard prices this is even more painful. And let me add: with the confusion around the discontinued model, they also casually forgot to send me review of my order to summarize the prices and the final cost. I just got an invoice. 

I have no words. 

Good day! I woke sister up with the kettle, so I suppose I should head out and restock some groceries, including her cereal and iced tea as a way of making amends. 
Ah the good old days when I could go out two nights in a row too...! Just the number of shots I’ve seen in her Insta story made me lightheaded. Old age approacheth...  :leaving: 

17 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Good day! I woke sister up with the kettle, so I suppose I should head out and restock some groceries, including her cereal and iced tea as a way of making amends. 
Ah the good old days when I could go out two nights in a row too...! Just the number of shots I’ve seen in her Insta story made me lightheaded. Old age approacheth...  :leaving: 

You can still go out and not drink. The last semester taught me that people actually really admired how I can dance totally sober. :smug: Everybody is soooo "I only dance when I'm drunk" and then I have to wait around for them to drink, while I am ready to dance as soon as good music starts!

Happy birthday to the TTTNE king of 2015.

54 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

You can still go out and not drink. The last semester taught me that people actually really admired how I can dance totally sober. :smug: Everybody is soooo "I only dance when I'm drunk" and then I have to wait around for them to drink, while I am ready to dance as soon as good music starts!

Happy birthday to the TTTNE king of 2015.

Oh it’s not like I’m dying to go out every other night and having low alcohol tolerance is holding me back. I simply “grew out of” both the heavy drinking and the clubbing. We all just gradually slowed back down during Msc studies and no longer felt the pressure have late nights with high heels and shots and dressing up. Now going out with friends means an early dinner at an actual sit down restaurant and a cinema visit, or a pub dinner with up to two drinks, and either way being home by 11. 

I can’t recall who that was, but happy birthday to them indeed!

24 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh it’s not like I’m dying to go out every other night and having low alcohol tolerance is holding me back. I simply “grew out of” both the heavy drinking and the clubbing. We all just gradually slowed back down during Msc studies and no longer felt the pressure have late nights with high heels and shots and dressing up. Now going out with friends means an early dinner at an actual sit down restaurant and a cinema visit, or a pub dinner with up to two drinks, and either way being home by 11. 

I can’t recall who that was, but happy birthday to them indeed!

Heh, I never had the heavy drinking and clubbing and stuff phase. And high heels present a danger to me. :P

It was @TheCrannogDweller.

I am going back to teaching today, I have to substitute the teacher for a small group of 6-year-olds ... that is going to be fun. I will actually have to sing childish songs with them. :uhoh: 

11 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Heh, I never had the heavy drinking and clubbing and stuff phase. And high heels present a danger to me. :P

It was @TheCrannogDweller.

I am going back to teaching today, I have to substitute the teacher for a small group of 6-year-olds ... that is going to be fun. I will actually have to sing childish songs with them. :uhoh: 

yeah, mine passed pretty quickly too, but it was an interesting three years nonetheless :eek: :leaving: 

All right! Happy birthday to Crannog! 

:lmao: I mean, they are children. You can hardly blame them for being childish :lol:  Good luck with substituting! 

7 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I believe you :D how did it go?

There were only three of them. One kept complaining and criticising everything, one was really good and knew almost everything, the third one is a quiet person and the first two didn't really let her have an opportunity to speak.

I don't think I am fit to work with that young children.

14 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

There were only three of them. One kept complaining and criticising everything, one was really good and knew almost everything, the third one is a quiet person and the first two didn't really let her have an opportunity to speak.

I don't think I am fit to work with that young children.

That doesn’t sound too bad. I wonder which of those children I would have been/were. As an adult I definitely bring all three attitudes to the table. I suppose as a child I was not critical at all. But my entire family did keep nagging me for years and years for being “too shy”. So I suppose I would have been the shy kid.

children are curious little creatures to navigate. I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it with practice if you want to, and if not, i suppose you have a chance to pick what age group you want to work with, right? 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

That doesn’t sound too bad. I wonder which of those children I would have been/were. As an adult I definitely bring all three attitudes to the table. I suppose as a child I was not critical at all. But my entire family did keep nagging me for years and years for being “too shy”. So I suppose I would have been the shy kid.

children are curious little creatures to navigate. I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it with practice if you want to, and if not, i suppose you have a chance to pick what age group you want to work with, right? 

I would have either been the one who knows everything or the quiet one. Here is a telling anecdote from my high school: For some reason, I sat in the last row during one class (it was art, but the subject is not important), so not close enough to the teacher to hear if we were talking quietly. The teacher asked something, I knew the answer and said it, but very quietly. The student sitting in front of me heard it and repeated it aloud, gaining praise from the teacher. Then he also explained that he only knew because I told the answer first. :P

I mean, theoretically I do? I can of course say no, I won't take over this class at the language school. But then I won't get paid for it either. But yes, they know I prefer to work with adults.

8 hours ago, Jen'ari said:

There is a new tiny Sith in the world now :commie:, she was born last night mama and baby are both fine, she’s amazing :wub: we can’t wait to get her home to meet her big sister.

Congratulations! :commie: :wub:

9 hours ago, Jen'ari said:

There is a new tiny Sith in the world now :commie:, she was born last night mama and baby are both fine, she’s amazing :wub: we can’t wait to get her home to meet her big sister.

Yay! :D

14 hours ago, Jen'ari said:

Congratulations to you and your family! A new apprentice in the world, wonderful news indeed :) 

23 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Congratulations! :commie: :wub:

23 hours ago, felice said:

Yay! :D

19 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

That is wonderful news! :wub:

17 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Congratulations to you and your family! A new apprentice in the world, wonderful news indeed :) 

Thank you all, were both really thrilled and of course exhausted, going home tomorrow all being well, she definately seems louder than her sister was as a newborn!.

Archived