TTTNE 476 - the ghost of series past

RhaenysBee

4 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I also had a crying session on my mom’s shoulder and I feel a lot less shitty than I did, so there’s that. No matter how old you, sometimes you just need to cry on your mom’s shoulder I suppose.

I am sure this is very true (I've usually been more of a crying on my father's shoulder type of girl, but the principle is the same). I am glad you are feeling better. :grouphug: 

4 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

She is fine, by the way. She bought a wicker laundry basket after fifteen years of saying she wants a wicker laundry basket and moved a chair from her bedroom after fifteen years of saying she hates it. The chair is now in the top floor hall, under a window, between the balcony door and my room. No complaints, I love that chair and will cherish every cup of tea I’ll drink and every book page I’ll read in it whenever I visit. If the dog training goes well, Herr Puppy might join me as well, he fits perfectly in/under/next to the chair.

It seems like she is doing great. I hope you get a lot of nice cosy moments out of that old chair.

On 3/7/2020 at 11:05 PM, Buckwheat said:

I am sure this is very true (I've usually been more of a crying on my father's shoulder type of girl, but the principle is the same). I am glad you are feeling better. :grouphug: 

It seems like she is doing great. I hope you get a lot of nice cosy moments out of that old chair.

Thank you! (yes, my sister is that same type, works just as well) 

Yes, we went over her plans to redo the house - she rejected 90% of my advice and ideas but baby steps. :lol: I did try the chair, it was quite nice. 

Ayy just dropping in again. I'm pretty much all healed up and walking normally once again. But things are looking serious here, even in North Carolina we've got unis closing, my own is debating whether to close outright to move to all online classes as we speak.

16 hours ago, Kaminsod said:

Ayy just dropping in again. I'm pretty much all healed up and walking normally once again. But things are looking serious here, even in North Carolina we've got unis closing, my own is debating whether to close outright to move to all online classes as we speak.

I feel you, Universities closed here yesterday. It’s great news that you are in good health again, though, stay safe! 

@Buckwheat did you end up going on that date after all? 

16 hours ago, Kaminsod said:

Wally! Thank you for dropping by. :) Universities here closed this week too, and starting next week, all primary and secondary schools are closing too.

2 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

@Buckwheat did you end up going on that date after all? 

No, I didn't. I will message you in PM about it.

Stay safe and healthy, spammers. *elbow bump*

greetings spamily...just checking in to say i am still alive and healthy in the polluted environment of the usa, a test free zone

...i think we should all do that regular for a bit...just saying :mellow:

...and fyi i'm an old salty dog...so stay off my lawn

:smoking:

On 3/11/2020 at 7:12 PM, Kaminsod said:

stay safe Wally...yeah U of sc is closing next week...they are spring break now and all the rest have done same...how bad is it in nc...my aunt lives by baden lake she says all is well but i find it hard to believe...she is about 50 miles east of charlotte

On 2/16/2020 at 5:14 AM, Jen'ari said:

There is a new tiny Sith in the world now :commie:, she was born last night mama and baby are both fine, she’s amazing :wub: we can’t wait to get her home to meet her big sister.

cheers to the increase in the sith population...even if they are girls :rofl:

...seriously congrats to you, the fairest sith lord of all, and best wishes to your family

10 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

cheers to the increase in the sith population...even if they are girls :rofl:

...seriously congrats to you, the fairest sith lord of all, and best wishes to your family

Thank you, she’s a little sweetheart although she does have a set of lungs on her!, definitely a bit more fussy than her equally adorable big sister was at the same age.

So the weekend is off to a good start so far, we have mostly been staying in and getting household chores done this morning, but I’m quite excited about later as I’m going to pick up a new guitar :commie:, well not actually new it is from 1991 or 1992 I think but they are quite rare and it’s in a gorgeous colour.

i hear and obey, oh Queen of my heart... i am taking all the steps...staying away from folks and only going out when i have to, and then only early in the early morning hours...

i already stocked up on the essentials... cigarettes, booze, and rolling papers... :lmao:

3 hours ago, Jen'ari said:

Thank you, she’s a little sweetheart although she does have a set of lungs on her!, definitely a bit more fussy than her equally adorable big sister was at the same age.

So the weekend is off to a good start so far, we have mostly been staying in and getting household chores done this morning, but I’m quite excited about later as I’m going to pick up a new guitar :commie:, well not actually new it is from 1991 or 1992 I think but they are quite rare and it’s in a gorgeous colour.

I don't play any instrument - let alone guitar, but that does look gorgeous to my untrained eye.

Felicitations to you and your partner for the new mini Sith. You're so lucky to have two healthy little girls in your home, as exhausting as that is for you, the parents. I was never so happy as when we had a busy little girl sitting in her room humming and doing various projects. I miss those days, though I'm thrilled with how she grew up.

16 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

greetings spamily...just checking in to say i am still alive and healthy in the polluted environment of the usa, a test free zone

...i think we should all do that regular for a bit...just saying :mellow:

...and fyi i'm an old salty dog...so stay off my lawn

:smoking:

Stay home and stay safe, sniffer. You are retired already, am I correct? You are not missing out on work or anything? 
(also glad to hear you are stocked up for the toilet paper disaster) 

4 hours ago, Jen'ari said:

Glad to hear the baby is fine. As for the lungs, she is a sith of course she will have a strong character. 
stay safe, all of you and don’t leave the house too much! 

42 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

A friend of mine described the current state of things (with events shut down and people encouraged to stay home) as an introvert's idea of paradise.

Ugh I can’t say I can attest to that. I am as introverted as it gets but I do still enjoy a good shopping, a quiet cafe, a visit to the cinema. Well I suppose I will be enjoying household chores, reading, Netflix, home office and home workouts now. 

I did realize that I do have stuff to spend the time of self-confinement on, so there might be a slim upside to this whole business. 

hope you and mrs chicken are also stocked up and ready to stay home and safe! 

2 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

I don't play any instrument - let alone guitar, but that does look gorgeous to my untrained eye.

Felicitations to you and your partner for the new mini Sith. You're so lucky to have two healthy little girls in your home, as exhausting as that is for you, the parents. I was never so happy as when we had a busy little girl sitting in her room humming and doing various projects. I miss those days, though I'm thrilled with how she grew up.

I’ve picked it up and played it briefly, it doesn’t play quite as well as my blue one does but a bit of fiddling about setting it up when I have the time and it will.

Were overjoyed with our new arrival she’s a month old tomorrow already!, it’s exhausting and draining and there is a distinct lack of any ‘me’ time at the moment but I wouldn’t change it for the world, I also think our 2 year old is going to be an awesome big sister, whenever our new baby cries and she’s there she toddles over to check on her and keeps asking me if she’s ok :wub:.

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Stay home and stay safe, sniffer. You are retired already, am I correct? You are not missing out on work or anything? 
(also glad to hear you are stocked up for the toilet paper disaster) 

Glad to hear the baby is fine. As for the lungs, she is a sith of course she will have a strong character. 
stay safe, all of you and don’t leave the house too much! 

Ugh I can’t say I can attest to that. I am as introverted as it gets but I do still enjoy a good shopping, a quiet cafe, a visit to the cinema. Well I suppose I will be enjoying household chores, reading, Netflix, home office and home workouts now. 

I did realize that I do have stuff to spend the time of self-confinement on, so there might be a slim upside to this whole business. 

hope you and mrs chicken are also stocked up and ready to stay home and safe! 

Yes she definately seems the louder of the two, but I suppose that is the younger siblings job!, we’re trying to stay in more at the moment because I’m worried for the kids catching this virus, I went to get my gran some things last weekend as I worry about her too and I will go and get her more things tomorrow again.

My car has a setting called Bioweapon Defence mode which filters the interior air from most pollutants,bacteria and viruses, I’ve been putting it on recently whenever I go out.

So this virus business brings out not only the best but also the worst in people. 

sister and I have been in fights every single day for the past... week? This hasn’t been the case for over a year. But I just don’t have the patience to rise above her desperate search for conflict. 

today’s piece was about when I’m traveling to the country and why. I am still undecided about this and she is unwilling to grasp why the decision is so hard or how stress makes me even more indecisive than I usually am. Her perception is that I insisted on taking the dog to the vet and then I abandon the idea for the comfort of my city life - as if such thing as city life existed these days. And that I look down on her and on country life (even though she said she herself plans to come back because she can’t bear to stay at home on her ass) - because she pathologically feels insecure about everything and everybody as a result of being compared to me a lot as a child and being the “dorm-kid” and the “country-kid” and a “social butterfly” a town high school for rich book smart kids, and she overcompensates this by aggression and blaming her own feelings on the other person.

And this is a huge part of why I’m torn on traveling home. Yes I would love to see the vet thing through myself but coming back to city after I do so while both my mum and my sister are in my hometown perfectly capable of taking the dog to the vet feels like a waste of a risk at this time. And yes I would love to spend these weeks in the countryside where there’s a garden and I’m not locked up in 900 square feet. But the WiFi is wonky and I will have to work at some point, and sister and I would fight every single day, multiple times and I’m not sure that dogs and fresh air is worth the mental strain constant fighting would put on all three of us. 

oh god, why do people have to be sooooo complicated? Why can’t we all just get along? Why I can’t I be better and more assertive and whatnot to deal with these things better? And why can’t she? She’s a grownup now, it’s a shared responsibility and I refuse to believe it’s all on my shoulder to handle myself and her at the same time... what a shitty weekend. 

5 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

A friend of mine described the current state of things (with events shut down and people encouraged to stay home) as an introvert's idea of paradise.

Nah, not really. I am an introvert and being worried about my grandparents and other elderly people while being stuck inside with my parents and my valonqar, while everybody is getting more and more annoyed ... not very paradise-like.

Stay safe, spammers.

So I’m going to my mum’s now after a medium sized meltdown. And my father’s driving me there because all I can do on my own apparently is drive myself crazy. And I’m supposed to be a grown ass woman or what. I feel humiliated. Oh well. I guess we all need a reminder that we aren’t invincible, rational and in-control übermensch no matter how much we would like to believe that and present it to the world... 

3 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

So I’m going to my mum’s now after a medium sized meltdown. And my father’s driving me there because all I can do on my own apparently is drive myself crazy. And I’m supposed to be a grown ass woman or what. I feel humiliated. Oh well. I guess we all need a reminder that we aren’t invincible, rational and in-control übermensch no matter how much we would like to believe that and present it to the world... 

Internet hugs are safe, so: :grouphug: Everybody feels incabable and childish from time to time. Hang in there, I hope meeting your family - failing that, meeting the dogs - will calm you down.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Internet hugs are safe, so: :grouphug: Everybody feels incabable and childish from time to time. Hang in there, I hope meeting your family - failing that, meeting the dogs - will calm you down.

:grouphug: thank you! I actually made myself a tea upon arriving, took a shower and called it a night. If I sleep it off and cuddle Herr Puppy tomorrow (I don’t like this, Mr Puppy sounds way better, I don’t care he’s German), I’m sure I’ll be a functioning adult again :blushing:

Archived