TTTNE 476 - the ghost of series past

RhaenysBee

Kudos to George RR Martin (from his Not a Blog):

"The world is changing so quickly around us these days that it is hard to keep up.

New Mexico has requested that all non-essential businesses close, to help fight the spread of the coronavirus.   Accordingly, we are going to go ahead and shutter our bookstore, Beastly Books, on Montezuma Street in Santa Fe.   As with the adjoining theatre, the Jean Cocteau Cinema, the store will remain closed until April 15, at which point we will re-evaluate and act accordingly.

I am going to continue to pay the Beastly Books staff during the closure, just as we’re going with the JCC.  I urge all small business owners… and all large business owners, for that matter… to do the same.   The economic consequences of the virus are going to be severe enough without throwing people out of work and cutting off their paychecks." :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

14 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Yay for sister's good mood! It seems to me that you two share your love of interior design and decorating. :) 

We do I suppose. I’m glad her good mood lasted for today, my mood plummeted and converges to zero. After 22C yesterday we have like 14 today and rain and the dog is unwell and our confirmed infections are above 100 now... I suppose I need a tea and some distraction.

12 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

"The world is changing so quickly around us these days that it is hard to keep up.

New Mexico has requested that all non-essential businesses close, to help fight the spread of the coronavirus.   Accordingly, we are going to go ahead and shutter our bookstore, Beastly Books, on Montezuma Street in Santa Fe.   As with the adjoining theatre, the Jean Cocteau Cinema, the store will remain closed until April 15, at which point we will re-evaluate and act accordingly.

I am going to continue to pay the Beastly Books staff during the closure, just as we’re going with the JCC.  I urge all small business owners… and all large business owners, for that matter… to do the same.   The economic consequences of the virus are going to be severe enough without throwing people out of work and cutting off their paychecks." :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

He is great, really. I’m very proud of all business owners who sent their employees on a paid leave for this uncertain time. 
how are you doing, HC? Are you taking care of yourself? 

12 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

I suppose he is a great guy to do that if he doesn't need to, and I don't want to diminish that, but honestly ... I think the government should have made this mandatoy for all businesses, so the employers wouldn't have any excuse not to do it. Our country did a something like that, they are guaranteeing a percentage of the pay for everybody who has to stay at home because of the virus.

16 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I suppose that’s a common argument to have, people are pretty protective of their cars. Eons ago my first great love would even be upset when the zipper of my coat would cling against the door of his car. Because you know, it might scratch it. Because you know, zippers have that power over four-ton metal machines. Oh man it was ages ago... :lol: anyway, I’m glad you guys settled things. 

oh my, what a breakthrough we’ve had! :eek: All the patience and hard work and talking seems to have paid off, at least for one evening, and sister went from “ew, country, this disgusting place makes me sick, I hate my room it’s nauseating, I want to go back to the city”  to “Whee, I’ll paint this and that and put that carpet here and that chair there and I’ll get a rustic mirror and I will create myself a rustic, countryside retreat from this room”. I did lose The Chair (from ten posts ago), because she wants it for her rustic retreat,   But it’s a small price to pay for a ray of positivity from sister. 

I think it’s more that she always seems to do these things when driving my car rather than her own, I am not that protective of it generally, although it does appropriately kind of look like a stormtrooper :D, I’ve never really liked white cars much but the colour just kind of works on it.

I’m glad you and sister are doing better, or she is anyway, we’re getting pretty bored here.

greetings spamlanders...pay no attention to me as i come in and pollute your environment with cigarette smoke and liquor breath...

still staying away from folks...enjoying my house, yard and toilet paper stash... :lmao:

seriously glad to see everyone...and sending good vibes to all of you... :cheers:

13 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I suppose he is a great guy to do that if he doesn't need to, and I don't want to diminish that, but honestly ... I think the government should have made this mandatoy for all businesses, so the employers wouldn't have any excuse not to do it. Our country did a something like that, they are guaranteeing a percentage of the pay for everybody who has to stay at home because of the virus.

yes the government should have but here in sad usa we let people sink into the abyss as long as the rich stay rich...big corps will get plenty of cash but people are getting around 600 bucks as a one time payout...good luck paying rent with that...and utilities...car payment...food

:smoking:

On 3/21/2020 at 8:43 AM, RhaenysBee said:

We do I suppose. I’m glad her good mood lasted for today, my mood plummeted and converges to zero. After 22C yesterday we have like 14 today and rain and the dog is unwell and our confirmed infections are above 100 now... I suppose I need a tea and some distraction.

He is great, really. I’m very proud of all business owners who sent their employees on a paid leave for this uncertain time. 
how are you doing, HC? Are you taking care of yourself? 

Personally, I'm mostly at home - pretty much a hermit to start with. So Mrs.Chicken and I are fine for now - thanks for asking. Hope you're OK too?

It's really sad to see what this virus is doing to our world and I fear it will be so, so much worse in the coming months.

On 3/21/2020 at 8:52 AM, Buckwheat said:

I agree with you completely, Buck.

I wish our government would do what yours has. Here, people will ask, "How will we pay for that?" and they'll ignore the fact that the USA went into debt a trillion $s this year to pay for Trump's tax cut for the rich. Only when the money is for the poor and working classes does that question get asked.

Yes, it makes me very angry.

5 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

Personally, I'm mostly at home - pretty much a hermit to start with. So Mrs.Chicken and I are fine for now - thanks for asking. Hope you're OK too?

It's really sad to see what this virus is doing to our world and I fear it will be so, so much worse in the coming months.

I agree with you completely, Buck.

I wish our government would do what yours has. Here, people will ask, "How will we pay for that?" and they'll ignore the fact that the USA went into debt a trillion $s this year to pay for Trump's tax cut for the rich. Only when the money is for the poor and working classes does that question get asked.

Yes, it makes me very angry.

I’m glad you are both okay. Stay safe! I’m okay too, thanks! Trying to keep a positive mindset. 

Our government is giving out all kinds of allowances to small businesses and cutting off installment payment obligations for all residential loans till the end of the year. It’s kinda nice but the communication is overly focused on the elderly, it’s EVERYBODY’s interest and responsibility to stay the F home, not just elderly citizens’. And I’m still waiting for a lockdown. As long as there’s no lockdown, our prospects are not positive. All we can do is pray that China or Russia will come and save us if the situation gets dire enough. 

On 3/21/2020 at 3:04 PM, Jen'ari said:

I think it’s more that she always seems to do these things when driving my car rather than her own, I am not that protective of it generally, although it does appropriately kind of look like a stormtrooper :D, I’ve never really liked white cars much but the colour just kind of works on it.

I’m glad you and sister are doing better, or she is anyway, we’re getting pretty bored here.

:lol: that sounds like a cool look though! I’m sorry it always happens to your car, it sounds like classic Murphy for mrs sith. No issues in her car, but something always happens when she’s driving yours. 

ugh I’m looking forward to feeling bored, to be honest. There’s infinite amount of stuff to do around my mum’s house,  I just need to let go of all the anxiety and stress to be able to concentrate on something other than the ongoing crisis. 

11 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I’m glad you are both okay. Stay safe! I’m okay too, thanks! Trying to keep a positive mindset. 

Our government is giving out all kinds of allowances to small businesses and cutting off installment payment obligations for all residential loans till the end of the year. It’s kinda nice but the communication is overly focused on the elderly, it’s EVERYBODY’s interest and responsibility to stay the F home, not just elderly citizens’. And I’m still waiting for a lockdown. As long as there’s no lockdown, our prospects are not positive. All we can do is pray that China or Russia will come and save us if the situation gets dire enough. 

:lol: that sounds like a cool look though! I’m sorry it always happens to your car, it sounds like classic Murphy for mrs sith. No issues in her car, but something always happens when she’s driving yours. 

ugh I’m looking forward to feeling bored, to be honest. There’s infinite amount of stuff to do around my mum’s house,  I just need to let go of all the anxiety and stress to be able to concentrate on something other than the ongoing crisis. 

I've resolved the issue by banning her from using it again!.

How has your weekend been?, I bought my gran some shopping earlier and had a sad conversation about if things don't go well :(, I'm sure she will be ok but I'm still worried.

At least I have my home music studio for when I want to keep myself occupised and the mini Siths aren't demanding all my attention.

21 minutes ago, Jen'ari said:

I've resolved the issue by banning her from using it again!.

How has your weekend been?, I bought my gran some shopping earlier and had a sad conversation about if things don't go well :(, I'm sure she will be ok but I'm still worried.

At least I have my home music studio for when I want to keep myself occupised and the mini Siths aren't demanding all my attention.

Hahaha! Sounds like a solution :D 

yesterday was quite meh, I wasted a lot of time feeling shit, today was fine, we drove back to the city to pick up a few things (which was heartbreaking, but we’ll be back soon, I keep lying to myself), then I started decluttering my old room. I spent a few hours wrapping an old shoebox and a used file holder in leftover wrapping paper until I ran out of glue. It does work surprisingly well and I suppose it’s better for the environment than popping over to ikea to buy storage organizers which I obviously can’t do now. 

aw, I’m so sorry that must have been difficult. I suppose it’s important for your nan to make sure her affairs will be in order though, right? Ah, I hope she’s staying safe and will be fine! 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Aaaaaaand it’s snowing. No kidding. 

It snowed two days ago here.

There was a quite strong earthquake yesterday morning, centered close to Zagreb. We also felt it here. Did you feel it where you are?

This is some sort of an apocalypse.

29 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

It snowed two days ago here.

There was a quite strong earthquake yesterday morning, centered close to Zagreb. We also felt it here. Did you feel it where you are?

This is some sort of an apocalypse.

No, we just saw it in the news. and yes, this all really feels like the end of the world.

Today has been quite productive so far, I have been looking after both mini Siths and spending some time in the garden in the sunshine, and playing with mini Sith 1 a lot-she can throw a ball towards me now :D which hopefully has tired her out suitably for an afternoon nap.

Now other mrs Sith is on baby minding duty and I’ve got a bit of me time so I’m going to go and get practicing with my new Telecaster :D.

On 3/23/2020 at 2:57 PM, Jen'ari said:

Today has been quite productive so far, I have been looking after both mini Siths and spending some time in the garden in the sunshine, and playing with mini Sith 1 a lot-she can throw a ball towards me now :D which hopefully has tired her out suitably for an afternoon nap.

Now other mrs Sith is on baby minding duty and I’ve got a bit of me time so I’m going to go and get practicing with my new Telecaster :D.

That sounds nice! Hope mini sith had a lovely and exhausting time so she’ll nap through your practice in peace  :D We still have arctic wind and it’s freezing outside but at least I’m starting to get a grip on life and harness what little control I still have left. 

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

:( There’s only one way to cope right now.

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

That sounds nice! Hope mini sith had a lovely and exhausting time so she’ll nap through your practice in peace  :D We still have arctic wind and it’s freezing outside but at least I’m starting to get a grip on life and harness what little control I still have left. 

Uh, chocolat. Funnily enough, this video was just shared by an acquaintance on facelessbook too. Apparently this song is gaining a lot of popularity lately.

On the bright side, since I am spending so much time on mu laptop these days, I am learning a lot of new useful tricks on it. It it s flip one that can double as a tablet. So I am posting from a tablet now! :o I have not been using this function until now.

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

She did have quite an exhausting time and again today, I’ve managed to get a run in this morning and a couple of hours music practice this afternoon, I’m currently learning both guitar and piano parts for this mini Sith likes it, she’s such a mini me :D.

3 hours ago, Jen'ari said:

She did have quite an exhausting time and again today, I’ve managed to get a run in this morning and a couple of hours music practice this afternoon, I’m currently learning both guitar and piano parts for this mini Sith likes it, she’s such a mini me :D.

Glad to hear, any little girl would be lucky to be half you. 

In other news, things are ramping up more on my end. My unis gone all online for the rest of the semester, and places like restaurants and liquor stores are closed down. Luckily grocery stores aren't running out of food. As long as I can get food and pat my rent, I'll be fine. I never thought my first semester at a real university would be derailed by a pandemic. 

8 hours ago, Kaminsod said:

Glad to hear, any little girl would be lucky to be half you. 

In other news, things are ramping up more on my end. My unis gone all online for the rest of the semester, and places like restaurants and liquor stores are closed down. Luckily grocery stores aren't running out of food. As long as I can get food and pat my rent, I'll be fine. I never thought my first semester at a real university would be derailed by a pandemic. 

I sympathize, my sister is going through the same, though it’s her second semester already. She was very upset to lose the university experience with all the socializing, student organizations, pubs and parties, brunches and lunches, coffee runs and the general hustling. 

You aren’t stuck alone in your rental, though, are you Wally? Hope you have company and support! 

Archived