TTTNE 476 - the ghost of series past

RhaenysBee

11 hours ago, Kaminsod said:

Glad to hear, any little girl would be lucky to be half you. 

In other news, things are ramping up more on my end. My unis gone all online for the rest of the semester, and places like restaurants and liquor stores are closed down. Luckily grocery stores aren't running out of food. As long as I can get food and pat my rent, I'll be fine. I never thought my first semester at a real university would be derailed by a pandemic. 

It’s proving more tricky to learn than I’d thought, the constant and unending time signature changes!, but:

I was dropped from moonbeams and sailed on shooting stars- what an amazing lyric I’m glad mini Sith likes it :wub:.

I hope all goes well with uni and rent, I’m sure this is just temporary for you and things will get back to normal soon, as long as you can get your shopping and your rent is taken care of I’m sure you’ll be good :).

Just in case any if you are curious, this is what my left ankle looks like these days. The screws were to piece my ankle back together after it was shattered, and the rod going up my fibula was put in because the bone was not only broken, but twisted out of its socket from the sheer force of the accident. 20200309-095641.jpg

14 hours ago, Kaminsod said:

Just in case any if you are curious, this is what my left ankle looks like these days. The screws were to piece my ankle back together after it was shattered, and the rod going up my fibula was put in because the bone was not only broken, but twisted out of its socket from the sheer force of the accident. 20200309-095641.jpg

Good lord, Wally! It looks scary. No wonder you have such a long recovery time behind you. Stay away from Magneto, if I may crack this very silly joke. 

Wally, your picture doesn't show up for me, but just the description is terrifying enough. :o Stay healthy!

59 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Floor is vacuumed and mopped, now I have to wait ten minutes before I can go downstairs and raid the pantry for a drink. Oh goodness, I want a drink.

Yes, household chores are the only interesting thing to do these days apparently. My brother and I cooked today any later I ironed.

I am getting fed up with this quarantine thingy.

19 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Wally, your picture doesn't show up for me, but just the description is terrifying enough. :o Stay healthy!

Yes, household chores are the only interesting thing to do these days apparently. My brother and I cooked today any later I ironed.

I am getting fed up with this quarantine thingy.

I dismantled my childhood desk the other night and we carried tons of old furniture and boxes of old stuff to the attic. Today, I cleaned the dogs’ bowls and organized the dvds in the living room. I will also do sister’s manicure. And then I really deserve a drink. 

I think I’ll go grocery shopping on Monday too, because we have run out of ground coffee and I don’t like the capsule ones. And we also need snacks and breakfast food. And I want to get some diy supplies, if we are stuck here, we might as well get on with renovations. 

I’ve got to do the weekly grocery trip for my gran tomorrow which is something I’m looking forward to just for a change of scenery and a drive!.

Today I’ve done 2 big loads of washing and ironing, cleaned the house and re strung 4 guitars as well as playing with mini Sith 1 and watching mini Sith 2 for some of the day.

On 3/20/2020 at 9:06 PM, Buckwheat said:

I think it is a waste of time NOT to learn the language of the country you are going to live in for a semester! Bad Erasmus student, you are. :read: I honestly think it should be obligatory to learn at least some of it.

I sympathise with your situation though. :( I hope you are going to have a safe trip home.

I'm home safe :) It's very good to be in my own room again, 

I'd have loved to learn a new language but every soul I met spoke perfect English, and after the semester I would have practiced so little that I'd eventually forget most of it. I'd rather take other courses (finishing one on colonialism now, then it's on to creative writing).

On 3/26/2020 at 1:45 AM, Kaminsod said:

Looks intense!

4 hours ago, Jen'ari said:

I’ve got to do the weekly grocery trip for my gran tomorrow which is something I’m looking forward to just for a change of scenery and a drive!.

Today I’ve done 2 big loads of washing and ironing, cleaned the house and re strung 4 guitars as well as playing with mini Sith 1 and watching mini Sith 2 for some of the day.

Well at least the quarantine isn't boring on your end. :P

14 hours ago, Jen'ari said:

That sounds like a super productive day. 

13 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I'm home safe :) It's very good to be in my own room again, 

I'd have loved to learn a new language but every soul I met spoke perfect English, and after the semester I would have practiced so little that I'd eventually forget most of it. I'd rather take other courses (finishing one on colonialism now, then it's on to creative writing).

Looks intense!

Glad you are safely home, take care! Envious of that creative writing course. 

Quarantine activities so far: 

thematic rearrangement of DVDs

sorting out the living room media storage and finding interesting artifacts

preparing and eating American pancakes with sister because she no longer eats regular ones 

finishing the first bottle of Matusalem of the quarantine

changing the water on my plant I’m trying to propagate

doing crosswords 

watching films I’ve already seen 

Exciting times. 

Great finds, Rhae. You seem to have had a more productive day than I did.

I spent a lot of time procrastinating on the Internet when I should have been preparing for the online class tomorrow. I ended up finishing it, but it took way more time than should have been needed.

I also watched the new Emma movie. It is not the best thing ever, but good enough.

I have also started doing crosswords

the day drinking continues

I’ve rolled the garbage unit back into the garage - it was garbage day today. 

err... I took part in pointless online meetings And applied for new jobs... 

I arranged with my accountant friend to get my entrepreneurship paused 

Umm... I fed the dogs and I have yet to change the water on my plant. 

I want to sleep.

I keep having stupid nightmares every night

we also have a shopping coming so I’ll spend time disinfecting packing

and as soon as I get my hands on some glue, I can continue wrapping shoeboxes in leftover wrapping paper to create more storage units for shit I’m too emotionally attached to get rid of as part of redoing our childhood rooms. 

I see you are being very productive.

I am sorry to hear about your nightmares. :grouphug: It is probably the stress because we don't know what is going to happen.

I play a lot of board and card games with my family these days. I have spent most of today proofreading and have an online lesson later.

I know it isn’t good but I didn’t get much sleep last night so I had a nap while the kids had one this afternoon and I feel much better, well more when Mini Sith one had a nap because mini Sith 2 sleeps a lot anyway, she just decides she wants to be awake at 3am!.

@BuckwheatProductive... I mean I did spend net 3 hours on productive activities. Everything else was killing time or leisure activity. Oh well. 

thanks, I plan to end the day with some relax tea and a happy film, maybe it will help. 

aww the games sound amazing! This is the time when I regret we don’t have any board games. Though even if we did, my family would never play them. good luck with the lesson! 

@Jen'ari why isn’t that good? Naps are great and if it helped you feel better it was very much beneficial. 

@Jen'ari, take your naps whenever you like! You are an adult, you can nap as much as you want! Here is a relevant video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAfOvj__duo 

@RhaenysBee, I just lost spectacularly at uno against my whole family. :lol:

It is odd how this year, the change to the summer time last Sunday threw me off more than it usually does. I mean, it is not like I have a fixed schedule or have to get up at a certain hour or whatever ...

Uno is a great game, we used to play it on holiday on the beach when we were kids and when we went skiing with the school. 

it took me a lot of time to notice it. My Sims quest’s completion time was off but it was only hours later that I identified the cause to be the transition to summer time. 

Archived