TTTNE 476 - the ghost of series past

RhaenysBee

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Taking a dog to a dog school is a good idea, I am sure you and the dog will both enjoy it and benefit from it.

Are you taking antibiotics and eating ice cream at the same time? :o No ice cream for the sick, no?

I sincerely doubt anybody is at the beach, but you never know. ;) 

Well I wouldn’t necessarily be the person to complete the course with the dog, I’d just tag along to kickstart it. It makes sense that my mum should do so, since she’s spending the most time with him and he listens the most to her as it is anyway. 

The antibiotics are for a UTI, no reason why I shouldn’t indulge myself with ice cream. 

well it’s half past ten in the evening and it’s 27C outside... :idea: It’ll be about three more hours before it makes sense to open a window. 

13 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Well I wouldn’t necessarily be the person to complete the course with the dog, I’d just tag along to kickstart it. It makes sense that my mum should do so, since she’s spending the most time with him and he listens the most to her as it is anyway. 

The antibiotics are for a UTI, no reason why I shouldn’t indulge myself with ice cream. 

well it’s half past ten in the evening and it’s 27C outside... :idea: It’ll be about three more hours before it makes sense to open a window. 

Kickstarting it is a good idea nonetheless.

Wish you a fast recovery. Play that song as many times as you can without going insane. :P

10 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I am so mad at sister... :tantrum: :tantrum: but hey, not sleeping has great binge watching potential....

What are you binge watching?

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Kickstarting it is a good idea nonetheless.

Wish you a fast recovery. Play that song as many times as you can without going insane. :P

What are you binge watching?

Thank you! Oh right, the song! I should, shouldn’t I? :lol: 

Dark on Netflix. Revives my German every time. Dynamic plot, beautiful character building, detailed, air-tight storytelling. I can only recommend it. 

Ah poor sister lost a beloved jacket during her shenanigans last night. As annoying and drunk she was, she didn’t deserve that. 

So I hope all the news outlets that claimed we’d have a cold summer are very ashamed of themselves right now. It’s midnight and it’s 25C. Technically it doesn’t exactly matter that we can’t travel, tropical climates came to us instead. 

How is everybody? Having a nice summer? Slowly, safely, but surely getting out of quarantine? 

31 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

How is everybody? Having a nice summer? Slowly, safely, but surely getting out of quarantine? 

We’re ok at the moment, the kids are keeping us busy and I’m having good and bad days but getting through.

I managed to get motivated enough to go for a run yesterday which helped my mood and today I felt in the mood to do some music practice which I haven’t for a while, I’ve got a new lullaby to work on for mini Sith 2, sadly I can’t sing that well though :(.

14 hours ago, Jen'ari said:

We’re ok at the moment, the kids are keeping us busy and I’m having good and bad days but getting through.

I managed to get motivated enough to go for a run yesterday which helped my mood and today I felt in the mood to do some music practice which I haven’t for a while, I’ve got a new lullaby to work on for mini Sith 2, sadly I can’t sing that well though :(.

Glad you’re all doing okay. 

That’s good to hear, physical activity usually helps with bad moods and blue. I’m sure she’ll appreciate that her mummy plays and sings to her and not care so much about perfect tunes. All she’ll hear and understand is your love for her. 

15 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

So I hope all the news outlets that claimed we’d have a cold summer are very ashamed of themselves right now. It’s midnight and it’s 25C. Technically it doesn’t exactly matter that we can’t travel, tropical climates came to us instead. 

It has been raining most of the night and morning here. It is not nearly as hot as in the past few weeks.

Getting a lot of rejections from workplaces. :dunno: That is about all that is happening.

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Glad you’re all doing okay. 

That’s good to hear, physical activity usually helps with bad moods and blue. I’m sure she’ll appreciate that her mummy plays and sings to her and not care so much about perfect tunes. All she’ll hear and understand is your love for her. 

I went running again today and I do feel a bit better for it :).

I can sing ok and have no trouble hitting those notes, they’re actually easier than lower register ones for me, I just can’t sound as good as him :P.

8 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

It has been raining most of the night and morning here. It is not nearly as hot as in the past few weeks.

Getting a lot of rejections from workplaces. :dunno: That is about all that is happening.

It was a bit winder and cooler here as well, and it appears we’ll be staying in the 25-30C range instead of the 30-35C one, which is a lot more city friendly. 

sorry about the jobs :( don’t lose faith, sooner or later something’s bound to come along. :grouphug: 

4 hours ago, Jen'ari said:

I went running again today and I do feel a bit better for it :).

I can sing ok and have no trouble hitting those notes, they’re actually easier than lower register ones for me, I just can’t sound as good as him :P.

Yay! Happy for your feeling better! 

well he’s quite an unachievable standard. Though to me staying in tune is a hard to achieve standard as well :lol: 

On 6/29/2020 at 3:04 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Thank you! Oh right, the song! I should, shouldn’t I? :lol: 

Dark on Netflix. Revives my German every time. Dynamic plot, beautiful character building, detailed, air-tight storytelling. I can only recommend it. 

Ah poor sister lost a beloved jacket during her shenanigans last night. As annoying and drunk she was, she didn’t deserve that. 

Dark is great, I've gotten three different people to try it this week because I can't shut up about it. Though I do think the final season was weaker than the first two.

17 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Dark is great, I've gotten three different people to try it this week because I can't shut up about it. Though I do think the final season was weaker than the first two.

:agree: a discussed it with a former colleague who loved the last season as well and just overall found the series perfect. But I do agree with you that the final season wasn't as strong as the other too. 
what else have you been watching? 

Did anybody here read the Witcher? 

I’ve had a kind blue week last week because the stress/shock of our family issues resulted in some actually physical health issues which seem to be taking a bit more time to clear up than I originally anticipated (I’m pathologically impatient with all medical conditions, I just expect stuff to be fine in three days).

But today I feel good and I’ll be bathing the Chancellor (you might remember that he’s our youngest pup), and potentially Prince William too. Although splitting it up like the Chancellor and a lady dog, one day rest (it’s going to rain tomorrow) and then Prince William and the other lady dog seems to make more sense, as male dogs are just more difficult when it comes to bathing. Or anything really. 

and this weekend we visited my grandma and aunt for the first time since Christmas and it was lovely. We got to pet Prince William’s son (yes, the dog made like 50 puppies in his life, or at least 18 that we know of), who lives at my aunt and uncle’s. He’s a year older than Prince William’s daughter, who lives at my mum’s. They never met as they are from different litters but the resemblance is striking. 

how are you all? 

Puppies are adorable! I am visiting the relatives - grandmother and cousin - who also have a dog, a very young shepherd, she is as of yet untrainted to anything, so they will have to school her. She is very lively and playful and a delight.

It is also summery hot and sunny and yesterday, my cousin, his girlfriend and I were bathing in a garden pool. So all is well here. I am taking the train home in the afternoon though.

12 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Puppies are adorable! I am visiting the relatives - grandmother and cousin - who also have a dog, a very young shepherd, she is as of yet untrainted to anything, so they will have to school her. She is very lively and playful and a delight.

It is also summery hot and sunny and yesterday, my cousin, his girlfriend and I were bathing in a garden pool. So all is well here. I am taking the train home in the afternoon though.

Ah, it sounds lovely! Have a great time with extended family and good luck with puppy training to your grandmother!

11 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Did anybody here read the Witcher?

Played the first game and watched the show, but haven't tried the books yet. Would you recommend them?

14 minutes ago, felice said:

Played the first game and watched the show, but haven't tried the books yet. Would you recommend them?

Can’t provide you with a definite answer just yet. I’ve read the first short story collection and a quarter of the second, but I’m still undecided. I’m curious to dip my toe into the actual novels, which is basically an achievement. It’s an unusual style of writing, which is not good or bad, just not necessarily what I’m used to or what I was expecting. This may be down to the fact that it’s a translation. In fact, the first short story collection I read was quite a wobbly translation, the next volume, however, got a native English translator, which feels like quite an upgrade in linguistic quality. This is certainly something to be mindful if you do decide to read it. 

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Three "we are sorry to inform you that you are not chosen for this job" emails in one day. :( I am losing hope here.

Naaaah, don’t lose hope. I received two of the same this week, and sister just received a rejection letter to a school student mentoring program. Whoever in the right mind rejected her application, I have no idea, but I’ve known her for 20 years and she was made to be a student mentor. She has been an unofficial student mentor since she started second grade. So just because there’s a rejection letter, doesn’t mean you aren’t cut out for something or good enough, it just means you need to hang in there a bit longer. This year is really trying all our patience... don’t give up hope :grouphug: 

47 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Naaaah, don’t lose hope. I received two of the same this week, and sister just received a rejection letter to a school student mentoring program. Whoever in the right mind rejected her application, I have no idea, but I’ve known her for 20 years and she was made to be a student mentor. She has been an unofficial student mentor since she started second grade. So just because there’s a rejection letter, doesn’t mean you aren’t cut out for something or good enough, it just means you need to hang in there a bit longer. This year is really trying all our patience... don’t give up hope :grouphug: 

Thanks. :grouphug: I have got so many rejection letters recently that it really hurts my confidence in this whole job search thingy. Most of the rejections were without interviews, so I feel like I am getting nowhere. Sorry to hear about yours and sister's too.

Archived