TTTNE 476 - the ghost of series past

RhaenysBee

16 hours ago, Jen'ari said:

Hello!.

Hello to you! Great to hear from you! How are you doing? 

48 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Hi!

How are things in your parts of the world guys?

Heat, Covid, doggy school, existential crisis. How are you, bear?

1 hour ago, The BlackBear said:

Rainy, two of my sisters have dogs and I am jealous. Things are beginning to open up, just kind of bracing for the recession to bite :mellow: 

We have been wide open up since late May but the economy is still fucked. :/ I wish we had rain (more than 10 minute thunder storms in the 33C anyway). A part of me can’t wait for autumn and autumn weather, then again, we’ll probably be sitting at home. 

Y’all have read the many tales I had posted of Prince William. If you can spare a moment please do pray for his life or just ask for good fortune, whatever your religious views enable. 

He’s been to the vet, got a ton of antibiotics, got patched up, got tranquilizers and his body temp is okay and he didn’t show signs of internal bleeding. But he is a very old doggo with existing medical issues and he is in a brutal shape. The vet said he’d have a long and slow recovery but he has a good chance of making it. Still, we are scared of the first night which is always critical. So please please keep him in your thoughts. 

Thank you all. 

33 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Y’all have read the many tales I had posted of Prince William. If you can spare a moment please do pray for his life or just ask for good fortune, whatever your religious views enable. 

He’s been to the vet, got a ton of antibiotics, got patched up, got tranquilizers and his body temp is okay and he didn’t show signs of internal bleeding. But he is a very old doggo with existing medical issues and he is in a brutal shape. The vet said he’d have a long and slow recovery but he has a good chance of making it. Still, we are scared of the first night which is always critical. So please please keep him in your thoughts. 

Thank you all. 

:grouphug: 

Prince William is still with us.  Although his eyes are heavy with pain and haunted by trauma, he eats and drinks, he moves around and produces all necessary biological outputs. Which are all signs that   his condition is stable and we can expect full recovery albeit a slow one. He is quite scared to go outside, but his general demeanor still absolutely reflects his character, which gives me hope that once he is better physically, his psyche will heal as well. For now he is on two weeks of antibiotics, painkillers and daily disinfection of his wounds. We will see the vet next Monday and if he’s recovering well, he might even get his stitches removed then.
Sister gave him every single blanket she ever owned (his original mat and cushions got soaked in blood as we rushed him to the vet so we got rid of those), and we set up a ‘sick bed’ for him in the entryway. He even has a dedicated windowsill to store all his medicine. He also has clean mats in every hallway where he likes to nap. I think he even enjoys it a little bit, being spoiled and getting to put his paws on every soft textile in the house. Well it’s the least to make him happy and motivate him to fight on and stay with us a little longer. 
He was overall extremely lucky as the bites aren’t in life threatening locations, they aren’t deep enough to have injured vital veins/arteries, he didn’t break his spine and the entire horror happened on Tuesday (instead of yesterday or today, which is a national holiday and all pet clinics are closed for a 4-day long weekend). 

8 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Heatwave here. Again. 

Hello to you too!

Weird. Here, we don't have a heatwave, it is decidedly the end of summer. :(

I am waiting for them to tell me my employment contract is ready, and to get any real information about the new job ... it is driving me crazy!

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Weird. Here, we don't have a heatwave, it is decidedly the end of summer. :(

I am waiting for them to tell me my employment contract is ready, and to get any real information about the new job ... it is driving me crazy!

Oh that means there’s a new job! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :commie: :cheers: Is this the kind of role you were hoping to get? 

As for end of the summer weather, send it send it. For the long weekend, I’ve been doing nothing but looking up autumn recipes to make and playing dumb autumn themed online Quizzes. 

10 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh that means there’s a new job! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :commie: :cheers: Is this the kind of role you were hoping to get? 

As for end of the summer weather, send it send it. For the long weekend, I’ve been doing nothing but looking up autumn recipes to make and playing dumb autumn themed online Quizzes. 

Boooooo autumn! I want more summer. :( Summer clothes are cuter and easier. And I like being tanned. :P 

Brother and I made a loooot of pie yesterday.

35 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Boooooo autumn! I want more summer. :( Summer clothes are cuter and easier. And I like being tanned. :P 

Brother and I made a loooot of pie yesterday.

The age old disagreement... Well what can I say, one day you’ll realize that autumn clothing is waaaaay better, autumn weather is gorgeous and autumn food is in every way superior to summer food :dunno: :P 

Pie! What kind?

3 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

The age old disagreement... Well what can I say, one day you’ll realize that autumn clothing is waaaaay better, autumn weather is gorgeous and autumn food is in every way superior to summer food :dunno: :P 

Pie! What kind?

No. :angry: I don't know what autumn food is anyway? Martin's goose? New wine?

Apple pie! My grandparents have us ... a lot of apples so we don't really know what to do with them all. :lol:

53 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

No. :angry: I don't know what autumn food is anyway? Martin's goose? New wine?

Apple pie! My grandparents have us ... a lot of apples so we don't really know what to do with them all. :lol:

What is new wine? Apple pie is autumn food. Autumn food is pumpkin everything, roast everything, apple everything, soups of seasonal vegetables, venison, sweets, hot drinks, baked desserts etc. 

My mum wanted to make a pear preserve but the pears were still raw/already rotten. :( we’ll see how the rest of the crates ripen by next week. 

8 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

What is new wine? Apple pie is autumn food. Autumn food is pumpkin everything, roast everything, apple everything, soups of seasonal vegetables, venison, sweets, hot drinks, baked desserts etc. 

My mum wanted to make a pear preserve but the pears were still raw/already rotten. :( we’ll see how the rest of the crates ripen by next week. 

Well, just ... wine from this year? That isn't old?

I don't really eat pumpkin much. And why would hot drinks or baked sweets be limited to autumn? :o

Hope the next pears turn out better, I like pears. The best are just raw fresh ones. Great, now I want a pear.

18 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Well, just ... wine from this year? That isn't old?

I don't really eat pumpkin much. And why would hot drinks or baked sweets be limited to autumn? :o

Hope the next pears turn out better, I like pears. The best are just raw fresh ones. Great, now I want a pear.

Ah sure that makes sense! 

i love pumpkin, we used to have all kinds of pumpkin dishes when I was a child. Well they aren’t, they stretch onto winter as well, which is also a great season. 

Agreed, crispy pears are the best for eating. We’ll see how the pears do next weekend. 

Oh by the way.

Prince William went back to see the vet again yesterday. He is said to be in good shape and has only one wound that still needs daily disinfecting. The vet also squeezed out a lot of pus from his face and said he might need to cut an opening into his skin in order to help the pus clear from his tissues. So PW has another checkup on Saturday and will continue to take his antibiotics and painkillers. Meanwhile everybody who heard what happened to him wondered how he’s still alive. Well what can I say, he’s a miracle dog with supergenes. 

All my best to Prince William. ;)

I still have a few things to wrap up before New Job starts, but everything just keeps being delayed. Not by my fault. I need to wrap up some private courses, and won't be able to do that before I need to start the new job because people cancelled a few lessons last week. I don't think it will be possible to organise a translators group meetup to discuss our texts in time either. Sigh. At least I finally got a text to proofread that I was supposed to get months ago today, so I will be able to finish proofreading that one (but won't be getting another one for a few weeks into New Job, so cannot say the whole project will be finished by the deadline I wanted).

Archived