TTTNE 476 - the ghost of series past

RhaenysBee

12 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

All my best to Prince William. ;)

I still have a few things to wrap up before New Job starts, but everything just keeps being delayed. Not by my fault. I need to wrap up some private courses, and won't be able to do that before I need to start the new job. I don't think it will be possible to organise a translators group meetup to discuss our texts in time either. Sigh. At least I finally got a text to proofread that I was supposed to get months ago today, so I will be able to finish proofreading that one (but won't be getting another one for a few weeks into New Job, so cannot say the whole project will be finished by the deadline I wanted).

Ah, it’s really annoying when this happens. Sorry you have to sort out everything simultaneously. All because other people bring about the delays. Annoying. Good luck with everything! 

How are you doing @felice

9 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Ah, it’s really annoying when this happens. Sorry you have to sort out everything simultaneously. All because other people bring about the delays. Annoying. Good luck with everything! 

Thanks.

Just got the email that the translators group meetup is supposed to take place after I start the new job - on the day I am already supposed to teach the last private class (that I had hoped would be finished by then ...). Oh well, not going to be able to attend that, I suppose.

The New Job people don't call me or message me that my contract is ready either. :angry: 

Now I am supposed to be preparing the lesson for today's private course, but it is boring because this student is ... boring.

13 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Hello and welcome back, felice! :) 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

How are you doing @felice

Oh, pretty good. Everything is pretty quiet here, except when the roaming neighbourhood cat decides to saunter through our cat's territory and provoke a screaming match. Work is a bit too quiet, but fluctuations are normal there.

31 minutes ago, felice said:

Oh, pretty good. Everything is pretty quiet here, except when the roaming neighbourhood cat decides to saunter through our cat's territory and provoke a screaming match. Work is a bit too quiet, but fluctuations are normal there.

That sounds beautifully peaceful. Happy for you and hope work will pick up too! 

Allow me to update y’all on the latest developments of the doggy drama.

Prince William went back to the vet again this afternoon. He got his stitches removed and the vet cleared as much pus as he could from the wounds that are still leaking. There’s still a little sachet of pus on the side of his face, apparently lots of tissue died where he was bitten. This dead goo has collected under his skin and is clearing through his raw wounds (these are all surface ones, the deeper bites are healed). He must take another round of antibiotics as well as probiotics to maintain his gut health, and we will take him back for a third check-up in 10ish days. 

On the social side of the doggy drama, we are having the Chancellor’s dog trainer come over on Monday. She’ll see what we can do to stabilize the situation and have them under control. On the long run, PW can’t live completely isolated in the house and the garage and only see the sunlight for his morning and evening walk. We want to be able to let him out on the terrace again and have them coexist in the garden at least while supervised. I don’t think we’ll ever leave them alone unsupervised after what happened. So we agreed that she’d come over a couple times (hopefully we can make progress in 2-3 visits as these doggy trainer house calls are awfully expensive) and see what we can make of the situation. For that time the Chancellor won’t be attending his group course. 

Best wishes for PW's recovery.

I am more and more nervous about the new job - officially starting on Tuesday, but my mind is actually already in the middle of it all.

This morning we had a terrible thunderstorm and now it is pouring again. End of summer, booooo.

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Best wishes for PW's recovery.

I am more and more nervous about the new job - officially starting on Tuesday, but my mind is actually already in the middle of it all.

This morning we had a terrible thunderstorm and now it is pouring again. End of summer, booooo.

I suppose that’s only natural, hope it goes well and you’ll enjoy the job! 

Today is the hottest day of the summer here, we have 36C, the heat is dizzying. It’s supposed to cool down tomorrow. 

Hi all! How is everybody? 

How is the new job treating you, @Buckwheat
How are mini sith 1 and 2, @Jen'ari
Are you back at uni yet, @First of My Name
Is work still quiet, @felice
How is life, @The BlackBear?

I’m overall calm today. My productivity level is converging to zero but at least I’m not overly anxious. That feels nice so I don’t even mind too much that I pissed off at least three people today. 

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Is work still quiet, @felice

Quieter than would be ideal, but yesterday was very busy, and there are promising signs for later in the month.

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I’m overall calm today.

Calm is good.

On 8/31/2020 at 12:26 AM, Buckwheat said:

You mean one that didn't have much impressive thunder and lightning? :P Thunderstorms are great, as long as you don't have to be outside during them.

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

How is life, @The BlackBear?

Lurking as per usual :ninja:

Moving in with my partner (who has just bought a flat) in a few weeks, so that's pretty exciting. Other than that, just waiting for stuff to happen, I miss looking forward to things, planning them and such.

Pretty much counting my lucky stars, no one in my family or friend group has had a run in with the virus.

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

That feels nice so I don’t even mind too much that I pissed off at least three people today. 

Sometimes it's right and good to put yourself first.

15 hours ago, felice said:

Quieter than would be ideal, but yesterday was very busy, and there are promising signs for later in the month.

Calm is good.

Oh that sounds nice! Fingers crossed for a busier autumn. 

14 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Moving in with my partner (who has just bought a flat) in a few weeks, so that's pretty exciting. Other than that, just waiting for stuff to happen, I miss looking forward to things, planning them and such.

Pretty much counting my lucky stars, no one in my family or friend group has had a run in with the virus.

Awww that sounds great, I’m really happy for you! Hope you guys love the new place too.

Waiting for stuff to happen and take a positive turn, yeah, same here. 
So far it appears to be the same though a few friends have been sick. It’s probably not Covid as they recovered quickly but they weren’t tested, so who knows. 

Maybe, I don’t know anything anymore. :dunno: 

19 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Ohhh, another Bear? Congratulations on that important step. :cheers:

New job is tiring, even though I didn't even have the most demanding days yet (Monday especially). Haven't been eaten alive by the students yet, which is good, I suppose.

22 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Ohhh, another Bear? Congratulations on that important step. :cheers:

New job is tiring, even though I didn't even have the most demanding days yet (Monday especially). Haven't been eaten alive by the students yet, which is good, I suppose.

Sounds like a win so far! Hope you get to rest and relax over the weekend :cheers: 

Whew, I am so happy it is weekend. :) New job is nice, but so exhausting.

I was almost mistaken for one of the students yesterday by a coworker. I ... will take this as a compliment, I suppose? But to be fair, I was wearing a mask.

6 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Thank you. :) It is definitely stressful, but a positive challenge.

I'm glad the job is working out for you!

My computer chair broke the other day, so I'm stuck on a dining room chair for a while until the replacement arrives. Fortunately there was no other damage; the monitor came close to falling off the back of the desk when I hit it, but didn't quite.

15 minutes ago, felice said:

I'm glad the job is working out for you!

My computer chair broke the other day, so I'm stuck on a dining room chair for a while until the replacement arrives. Fortunately there was no other damage; the monitor came close to falling off the back of the desk when I hit it, but didn't quite.

It is me who is working out! All those stairs! :P

We call such a situation "luck in unluck". I am glad the computer wasn't damaged.

Archived