TTTNE 476 - the ghost of series past

RhaenysBee

21 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

This is unfortunate. Pity your mother couldn't train him, if he lives with her.

Oh no, I am not going to get a dog, I am not thinking about it seriously. And even if I were to seriously bring it up, my family members would never ever tolerate it.

What breed are your dogs and why is that a mistake?

Ah, I see, you have the language and the literature separate. I can see the logic behind that. Here we just have one subject for both. English as a foreign language inclues a bit of literature. Other languages generally don't, at least not in my school, but it is my opinion that they should. Yes, that includes German as a foreign language. But I am biased because I myself had a teacher that had really high expectations and we certainly did deal with literature in high school German.

Yes, hopefully this is a perk of being a young teacher. ;) 

Indeed. First she didn’t have the time, then he grew and she didn’t have the physical strength/confidence/whatever. The Chancellor is also her most favorite dog ever, so consequences or strictness hardly ever existed. 

Well maybe one day you’ll get a dog in your own house? Our current dogs are mutts, except the Chancellor, who was chosen because he is a stunningly beautiful breed. This was a mistake my parents made four times without learning from it. Or maybe they did learn from it for the first time, they just didn’t say no to us. The point of breed dogs is that you know what you are getting, as different breeds had been developed with different characteristics for different purposes. Most dogs today are pets but one might fairly and logically assume that people research these characteristics and choose a breed that’s most suitable for them, rather than pick the most aesthetically appealing one. Size, difficulty level of training, activity level, grooming and environmental needs, sociability and sex and are all things to consider. The Chancellor is a beautiful dog and we love him, but he’s too large, too active and too difficult to train for my mum’s lifestyle (who is at this point the primary caretaker), not to mention that had he been neutered in time/had sister picked a female puppy, life would be unimaginably easier. But he doesn’t need grooming, he has other dogs to socialize with and our climate is quite okay for him at least. 

That sounds like a nice aspect of your model. Literature is such an easy way to get better at a language. Pushing through Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince with a paper dictionary did wonders for my English back in the day. 

On 11/11/2020 at 5:15 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Indeed. First she didn’t have the time, then he grew and she didn’t have the physical strength/confidence/whatever. The Chancellor is also her most favorite dog ever, so consequences or strictness hardly ever existed. 

Well maybe one day you’ll get a dog in your own house? Our current dogs are mutts, except the Chancellor, who was chosen because he is a stunningly beautiful breed. This was a mistake my parents made four times without learning from it. Or maybe they did learn from it for the first time, they just didn’t say no to us. The point of breed dogs is that you know what you are getting, as different breeds had been developed with different characteristics for different purposes. Most dogs today are pets but one might fairly and logically assume that people research these characteristics and choose a breed that’s most suitable for them, rather than pick the most aesthetically appealing one. Size, difficulty level of training, activity level, grooming and environmental needs, sociability and sex and are all things to consider. The Chancellor is a beautiful dog and we love him, but he’s too large, too active and too difficult to train for my mum’s lifestyle (who is at this point the primary caretaker), not to mention that had he been neutered in time/had sister picked a female puppy, life would be unimaginably easier. But he doesn’t need grooming, he has other dogs to socialize with and our climate is quite okay for him at least. 

That sounds like a nice aspect of your model. Literature is such an easy way to get better at a language. Pushing through Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince with a paper dictionary did wonders for my English back in the day. 

I don't see myself having a house, TBH. I am more of a flat girl. Maybe, IDK. :dunno: I do like dogs, but I cannot imagine it working with my current situation.

What breed is Chancellor?

I mean, I could actually see Slovene language and literature as being separate. But as of now, they are both the same subject. I agree with literature helping with language skills, but we don't really read Harry Potter as assigned reading. :P 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

I don't see myself having a house, TBH. I am more of a flat girl. Maybe, IDK. :dunno: I do like dogs, but I cannot imagine it working with my current situation.

What breed is Chancellor?

I mean, I could actually see Slovene language and literature as being separate. But as of now, they are both the same subject. I agree with literature helping with language skills, but we don't really read Harry Potter as assigned reading. :P 

I absolutely see having a house, I neeeeeeeeeeeeed a porch/terrace and greenery and a backyard. :wub: Well. One day. 

He’s a Weimaraner

I kinda liked having literature and grammar as separate subjects, we had more time for both. And I loved human studies subjects so I didn’t mind. Shame, shame. Harry Potter is beautiful. 

On 11/14/2020 at 10:58 PM, RhaenysBee said:

I absolutely see having a house, I neeeeeeeeeeeeed a porch/terrace and greenery and a backyard. :wub: Well. One day. 

He’s a Weimaraner

I kinda liked having literature and grammar as separate subjects, we had more time for both. And I loved human studies subjects so I didn’t mind. Shame, shame. Harry Potter is beautiful. 

I am not enough of a gardener, I fear. :leaving:

Oh, these are very nice dogs.

They are starting to talk about the holiday season on the TV. Why, I thought the holidays were cancelled this year?

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Yaaaaaawn. Total lack of motivation to even get out of bed every morning. :( This lockdown is terrible for me.

I feel you though in my case it’s just general laziness and not being a morning person. 

Meanwhile, we are legit planning a team building at the daily meeting. I have no words :dunno: do people even realize the implications of this? and here I am trying to figure out how and when it’s the safest for me to get my hair cut and colored. 

9 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I feel you though in my case it’s just general laziness and not being a morning person. 

Meanwhile, we are legit planning a team building at the daily meeting. I have no words :dunno: do people even realize the implications of this? and here I am trying to figure out how and when it’s the safest for me to get my hair cut and colored. 

I actually wanted to have my hair cut at some point too. Obviously now all the salons are closed for some weeks already. Ah well. I haven't had my hair cut for a year and a half, I am sure a few more months won't hurt. Hair salons being closed is really the least of my problems right now.

I am generally lazy too, but nowadays I also lack motivation to do anything at all.

16 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I actually wanted to have my hair cut at some point too. Obviously now all the salons are closed for some weeks already. Ah well. I haven't had my hair cut for a year and a half, I am sure a few more months won't hurt. Hair salons being closed is really the least of my problems right now.

I am generally lazy too, but nowadays I also lack motivation to do anything at all.

I have come to the decision that now is the time to teach myself basic hairstyling so I could color and cut my own hair. This is a necessity right now and it may be useful later should my financial situation ever require that I don’t spend on seeing a hair dresser. We’ll see how it goes. I don’t think I can mess up too badly, and even if I do, who’s going to see? Heh heh. 

My motivation levels are quite okay at the moment. But I need learn to structure and channel my spurts of energy, otherwise it becomes too overwhelming and not utilizing it demotivates me terribly. Unfortunately I’m the kind of person who is good at making structured plans and better at throwing them out of the window on a whim. So now I’m trying to push the tsunami of ideas and wants into the back of my mind and just focus on one little project at the time - the completion of procuring all Christmas gifts. Then I’ll see what is a realistic next goal. Hopefully. 

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Huh. This thread is at 971 replies and nobody posted for 4 days. I do feel we have come to an end here. :lol: 

NEVER! :fencing:

But honestly, this forum is so dead. It should be time to open the tree-decorating game for the coming holiday season, but I am afraid nobody will participate. :( 

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

NEVER! :fencing:

But honestly, this forum is so dead. It should be time to open the tree-decorating game for the coming holiday season, but I am afraid nobody will participate. :( 

:D 

well, after the natural disaster we call season 8 and not having a new book in a decade (I can’t believe I still have strong feelings about that one after all this time), there’s not much to be around for :dunno: was there even a secret Santa this year? Anyway, I can promise I’ll put a puppy under the tree and a bauble on it with a handsome actor’s picture. 

35 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

:D 

well, after the natural disaster we call season 8 and not having a new book in a decade (I can’t believe I still have strong feelings about that one after all this time), there’s not much to be around for :dunno: was there even a secret Santa this year? Anyway, I can promise I’ll put a puppy under the tree and a bauble on it with a handsome actor’s picture. 

You are somebody one can always count on, Rhae! :D I will start the game in December.

I don't think there was a Secret Santa? Maybe due to Covid? Or just because nobody remembered to organise it.

Many people don't care about the books/show that much and still visit the forum.

31 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

You are somebody one can always count on, Rhae! :D I will start the game in December.

I don't think there was a Secret Santa? Maybe due to Covid? Or just because nobody remembered to organise it.

Many people don't care about the books/show that much and still visit the forum.

happy to be of service :lol: 

oh right, that’s a possibility. 

Yep, at this point I think that’s the majority, I don’t see why anybody would visit because of the topic itself at this point. 

Uh, I should do online shopping, but I’m too exhausted of struggling with technology for today. I’ll at least place an order for my home hair dying supplies. Although I’m tired of receiving packages too and the getting shit for buying something and feeling like I need to justify myself and well overall I’m incredibly tired to this living arrangement that’ll never ever end. 

Oh god it’s been a week again. 

it’s almost Christmas, let’s do a quick check in. (I promise I’ll let the thread die in ‘21, I just don’t want it to be another casualty of this glorious year) 

So until then, How is everybody? 

@Buckwheat @Jen'ari @Lany Freelove Cassandra @Fragile Bird @Pebble thats Stubby @First of My Name @rocksniffer @honeyed chicken @HelenaExMachina @Meera of Tarth anybody else who posted here in the past 365 days? 

45 minutes ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

Oh My, the Thread that never ends is in danger of Dying!

43 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Ha! The Thread That Never Ends shall never die!

:fencing:

You two need to try better then! :fencing:

And join me in tree-decorating, too! I will start that thread probably some time, that is, if I find time ... am very busy, despite staying at home ... ALL the time.

Archived