TTTNE 476 - the ghost of series past

RhaenysBee

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh god it’s been a week again. 

it’s almost Christmas, let’s do a quick check in. (I promise I’ll let the thread die in ‘21, I just don’t want it to be another casualty of this glorious year) 

So until then, How is everybody? 

@Buckwheat @Jen'ari @Lany Freelove Cassandra @Fragile Bird @Pebble thats Stubby @First of My Name @rocksniffer @honeyed chicken @HelenaExMachina @Meera of Tarth anybody else who posted here in the past 365 days? 

Noooo, don't mention us Magnooseee....

41 minutes ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

Hey I put many a year into keeping this thread alive.  its the youngns turn now.   every spammer one day retires for the thread.

I ruled this thread back in 2015. Do I still count as a young un for this thread? :idea: 

6 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I ruled this thread back in 2015. Do I still count as a young un for this thread? :idea: 

Oh my sweet summer child,  you'll always be a youngun to me.

As to this thread?  I think your a veteran now (just not an old timer).    Ya don't get to retire from it with a clean conscious unless you can leave it in the same hands of many younger than you.

However my sneaky attempt to get TTTNE (renamed) back into Gen Chat has survived with many iterations for over a year now, and I'm sure not one chatter (that used to complain this thread existed)  has noticed its real purpose.    Yes I was the one that started the first Small Unworthy things thread.  and that is going strong.  all I had to do was start it.

Not sure why this thread was in forum games in the first place... well at this point there are about 10-15 people who frequent FG on a semi-regular basis, while GenChat is probably the part of the board that’s going the strongest. Not a fan of stats, but these figures would be interesting. 
I do see that TTTNE outlived its purpose and it’s way past time we let it go. It’s just a bit weird to see it so dead. Not just tttne but the whole of FG in fact. 

well remember that its here as a compromise,  when it started we could spam.  make multi posts with just one letter or emoji and at the start this went on your post count. 

at the beginning there was not forum games.    posting spam to increase your postcount is very fround upon and this lead to a lot of people really not liking tttne.  War kinda broke out between threaders and others,    the first thread was really really big, MG joined and tried to catch up from the beginning  posting his comments on a collection of threads - this lead to his reviews  people in the thread did not know MG and who this guy was so tried harder to post faster so he would give up, but the goat conquered  mt Spamevest, after that thread was closed several threadlets some of which got closed as fast as they where made.  eventually FG was created where no posts counted to post counts and thread limits could be 1k  not 400 as on the rest of the board.  It was the time of the great compromise and peace once again happened on the board and FG got the reputation as the thread graveyard.

we where happy here for many years, then the show happened and the board got respectable and the rules changed, races stopped spamming in the spam thread was no longer allowed and people moved on a lot to facebook and the chat side of the no longer spam thread lost its flow and now just limps along.

Now we are post show, times are changing again.  but have comfort even if this thread dies it lives on in spirit and act under a different name in its original place as small unworthy things.  

I love that experiment of mine to see if I could get the gen chatters to play in a thread that never ends without them realising it.

History lesson over.   when I joined the thread we well settled into its place in FG.   I know it started on Ezboard,  so I'm a bit vague about the in the begining bits.   Ya know And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand threads, the spam passed out of all knowledge.

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I do see that TTTNE outlived its purpose and it’s way past time we let it go. It’s just a bit weird to see it so dead. Not just tttne but the whole of FG in fact. 

NOOOOO! :fencing: 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Ah sorry, that wasn’t the intention at all. 

One might say it has already...? :eek: :leaving: 

Not yet,  but the thread is on a ventilator 

Bucky,  just being realistic.  One day the sun will explode.  Don't think this board and thus this thread will survive that.

Archived