TTTNE 476 - the ghost of series past

RhaenysBee

I have workshops today and tomorrow and all I can think about is all the things I want to do instead of the workshops. I don’t think I have ever been so unfocused in my life. Even now, an hour before the workshop starts, I’m posting here instead of going through the program plan and sticking stuff on the walls. This day will neeeeevvvvver end.

and I have yet to bore you all with the lengthy and disturbingly deep saga of our office Christmas... 

ah, can I go home? Please? Pretty please? I really really really want to go home. Can’t we just magically cancel today and tomorrow? 

On 12/16/2019 at 8:39 AM, RhaenysBee said:

and I have yet to bore you all with the lengthy and disturbingly deep saga of our office Christmas... 

Please do.

I had three job interviews this week. Today, I noticed when I drove there that my pants were ripped. New low in my life.

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Please do.

I had three job interviews this week. Today, I noticed when I drove there that my pants were ripped. New low in my life.

Oh I’m sorry, I’m not sure I understand what you mean. How did you notice this while driving to a job interview? 
And wow, congrats on the interviews! What positions are you applying for? 

well the office Christmas was terribly long, terribly exhausting and just overdone.
General morals of the story are:  
-an office event shouldn’t start at 7:30am and finish at 9:30pm,

-not everybody is cut out for every kind of charity work,

-a work culture should be mindful that respecting the limits and boundaries of an individual is equally important as social responsibility, 

-charity only counts as charity if it comes from your heart and you aren’t pushing yourself through it out of obligation and respect, 

-there is such thing as too much gamification,

-if you are going to give a Christmas bonus you should either give a Christmas bonus or nothing at all, 

-I’m a bad person who will burn in hell and I’m fine with that. 

10 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh I’m sorry, I’m not sure I understand what you mean. How did you notice this while driving to a job interview? 
And wow, congrats on the interviews! What positions are you applying for? 

Well, I just noticed my pants ripped while I was sitting in the car to get there. I think it was not noticeable from other perspectives.

I am applying for basically what is my saftey option that could offer me a stable employment and pay at some point ... but it is not really what I want to be doing my whole life. The one I interviewed for yesterday was also 40-45 minutes by car away from my current home, so a bit too far from me to be willing to commute, but still ... I guess I would do it for a few months if I were forced to.

They are all jobs financed like a project from the state/EU - for young people searching for their first employment in this field. The idea is great in principle, the bad side is that once they hire you somewhere, you cannot lleave if you get a better offer elsewhere. Which would be a big problem for me if a position I really want opened in the exact same time frame.

10 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

well the office Christmas was terribly long, terribly exhausting and just overdone.
General morals of the story are:  
-an office event shouldn’t start at 7:30am and finish at 9:30pm,

-not everybody is cut out for every kind of charity work,

-a work culture should be mindful that respecting the limits and boundaries of an individual is equally important as social responsibility, 

-charity only counts as charity if it comes from your heart and you aren’t pushing yourself through it out of obligation and respect, 

-there is such thing as too much gamification,

-if you are going to give a Christmas bonus you should either give a Christmas bonus or nothing at all, 

-I’m a bad person who will burn in hell and I’m fine with that. 

I see. Sooooo ... did you end up getting a Christmas bonus? :P 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Well, I just noticed my pants ripped while I was sitting in the car to get there. I think it was not noticeable from other perspectives.

I am applying for basically what is my saftey option that could offer me a stable employment and pay at some point ... but it is not really what I want to be doing my whole life. The one I interviewed for yesterday was also 40-45 minutes by car away from my current home, so a bit too far from me to be willing to commute, but still ... I guess I would do it for a few months if I were forced to.

They are all jobs financed like a project from the state/EU - for young people searching for their first employment in this field. The idea is great in principle, the bad side is that once they hire you somewhere, you cannot lleave if you get a better offer elsewhere. Which would be a big problem for me if a position I really want opened in the exact same time frame.

I see. Sooooo ... did you end up getting a Christmas bonus? :P 

Oh! Alright, I completely misread that. Well don’t worry, it happens to anybody, one of our trainers at my job ripped his pants in the middle of a training, he had to ask the attendants for a break and go out to buy a new pair to the nearest Chinese discount corner shop. 

ooooh, this sounds very much like our state financed higher education program which sparked nation-wide outrage for some inexplicable reason... I guess people are so bored here they always need to be outraged about something. Anyway, is there any chance that a job you actually want will open in the foreseeable future? 

Define Christmas bonus. All of us got envelopes with the cash value of a pair of basic converse. Or no, the interns got the cash value of three grande Starbucks fraps . Ah, I’m such an ungrateful snob. But in your defense, it comes from perfectionism. I mean I really do believe that one should either do something properly or not do it at all.... :leaving: well, moral of 2019 still is the revelation that I’m a shitty person. 

9 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh! Alright, I completely misread that. Well don’t worry, it happens to anybody, one of our trainers at my job ripped his pants in the middle of a training, he had to ask the attendants for a break and go out to buy a new pair to the nearest Chinese discount corner shop. 

ooooh, this sounds very much like our state financed higher education program which sparked nation-wide outrage for some inexplicable reason... I guess people are so bored here they always need to be outraged about something. Anyway, is there any chance that a job you actually want will open in the foreseeable future? 

Define Christmas bonus. All of us got envelopes with the cash value of a pair of basic converse. Or no, the interns got the cash value of three grande Starbucks fraps . Ah, I’m such an ungrateful snob. But in your defense, it comes from perfectionism. I mean I really do believe that one should either do something properly or not do it at all.... :leaving: well, moral of 2019 still is the revelation that I’m a shitty person. 

Well, I am glad to hear it happens to anyone.

I should grow up and buy some job interview-appropriate clothes anyway.

What kind of a program? Eh, you are right, people always need to be outraged about something and whine about something.

Apparently, there is a chance, but nobody knows when exactly that should happen. :dunno: I think I would have good chances to get that one if it did happen, but it might as well happen that it opens up and they don't choose me ... I'll PM you the details as I don't want to post about it in public.

Oh well ... you got something, at least? Today, I gave a lesson to a lazy teenager and earned a bit of money on the side at least.

1 hour ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Just popping in to wish everyone a happy holiday and delightful new year.

:kiss:

Lany! Great to see you here! Happy holiday to you too! Do you want to help us decorate our tree?

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Well, I am glad to hear it happens to anyone.

I should grow up and buy some job interview-appropriate clothes anyway.

What kind of a program? Eh, you are right, people always need to be outraged about something and whine about something.

Apparently, there is a chance, but nobody knows when exactly that should happen. :dunno: I think I would have good chances to get that one if it did happen, but it might as well happen that it opens up and they don't choose me ... I'll PM you the details as I don't want to post about it in public.

Oh well ... you got something, at least? Today, I gave a lesson to a lazy teenager and earned a bit of money on the side at least.

Lany! Great to see you here! Happy holiday to you too! Do you want to help us decorate our tree?

Ugh, I feel you, when I started working full time after uni, I spent half my salary on office dress code appropriate clothes. Ugh. I hate blazers so much, they make me look so short-legged. 

well higher education is, generally speaking, free here, that is if you reach the entry level score to your chosen major on the... equivalent of GCSE and A level exams. If you don’t, you can still get into your desired school and major as long as you pay the tuition fee yourself (which is a ridiculously small amount of money compared to western tuition fees). However, some years ago a law was passed that now obligates state funded students to stay in the country and have as many years of employment here as they spent in their state funded higher education program. I personally think that this makes perfect economic sense, but for some reason the entire country lost its mind. 

yeah I know it’s something, and I should appreciate the gesture at least. 

17 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Ugh, I feel you, when I started working full time after uni, I spent half my salary on office dress code appropriate clothes. Ugh. I hate blazers so much, they make me look so short-legged. 

well higher education is, generally speaking, free here, that is if you reach the entry level score to your chosen major on the... equivalent of GCSE and A level exams. If you don’t, you can still get into your desired school and major as long as you pay the tuition fee yourself (which is a ridiculously small amount of money compared to western tuition fees). However, some years ago a law was passed that now obligates state funded students to stay in the country and have as many years of employment here as they spent in their state funded higher education program. I personally think that this makes perfect economic sense, but for some reason the entire country lost its mind. 

yeah I know it’s something, and I should appreciate the gesture at least. 

My condolences. I am pretty sure none of the jobs I am applying for have an official dress code, so that would be great.

I mean, it does make perfect economic sense, the problem arises when all of these graduates end up unemployed because they cannot find work in their own field in their country and aren't allowed to leave.

Yes! Enjoy the pair of sneakers or whatever you can buy with it.

On 12/21/2019 at 4:18 PM, Buckwheat said:

My condolences. I am pretty sure none of the jobs I am applying for have an official dress code, so that would be great.

I mean, it does make perfect economic sense, the problem arises when all of these graduates end up unemployed because they cannot find work in their own field in their country and aren't allowed to leave.

Yes! Enjoy the pair of sneakers or whatever you can buy with it.

I mean I won’t even try because I can’t possibly say anything redeeming about a policy that forces you to spend a fortune on suits so you can sit at your desk in fancy clothes. 

there has been a workforce shortage in the past years, I feel like people with good skills can get hired pretty easily. (And the program lets you leave of course, if you really want to you just have to refund your tuition)

I don’t remember what I spent that particular bill on :( Probably eating out. 

22 hours ago, Jen'ari said:

I have finished my Christmas shopping :commie:, sadly Mrs Sith isn't feeling great again, so we're having a nice chilled night watching the new Witcher series on Netflix, it's good so far.

Ah I’m sorry to hear that. Hope she’s doing better by now. 

I kinda dread Witcher. And I’m really not in the fantasy mood either. I started Carnival Row a few weeks ago but it’s so bland I’ve only watched 4 episodes so far. Bless Tamzin Merchant for the little color she was able to bring to that show. 

Oh my... this is the first time in many many weeks that I’m not trying to tackle a task list in the evening or I’m not passed out in front Netflix because I’m so tired. I actually have free time that I can spend on activities I actually enjoy. Although I still have a task list for tomorrow. But for now, I  am enjoying the freedom of choice and I will either read Harry Potter or work on a hobby project and just enjoy the evening. 

On 12/22/2019 at 7:12 PM, RhaenysBee said:

I mean I won’t even try because I can’t possibly say anything redeeming about a policy that forces you to spend a fortune on suits so you can sit at your desk in fancy clothes. 

there has been a workforce shortage in the past years, I feel like people with good skills can get hired pretty easily. (And the program lets you leave of course, if you really want to you just have to refund your tuition)

I don’t remember what I spent that particular bill on :( Probably eating out. 

Ah I’m sorry to hear that. Hope she’s doing better by now. 

I kinda dread Witcher. And I’m really not in the fantasy mood either. I started Carnival Row a few weeks ago but it’s so bland I’ve only watched 4 episodes so far. Bless Tamzin Merchant for the little color she was able to bring to that show. 

She’s just very pregnant and grumpy and wants to chill a lot now so I pretty much am doing everything in the house while supervising Mini Sith, I’m going to pick up my gran in a bit and we’re pretty much ready for Christmas now.

The Witcher is actually quite good we’re liking it so far, the episodes are all quite long and there’s different timelines though.

I started Carnival Row but I’ve not finished it either, think I got about 4 episodes in too, it just couldn’t keep me, even having Cara with a sexy Irish accent wasn’t enough :wub:.

It seems like we won’t :( I guess the era of monarchy In tttne has passed. And there are barely any of us left anyway. 

But we can always stage a coup with the power of our gossip giggles And found friendtopia, if you would like to end the interregnum. 

Hey kittens! Happy Christmas if that is your jam, if not enjoy yourself regardless!

This forum and thread have been such a big part of my decade, which has been turbulent at times, but also full of some pretty fucking great shit. So I just want to give a quick thank you, and I love you all. :grouphug:

X X 

Archived