TTTNE 476 - the ghost of series past

RhaenysBee

Well this was not the kind of fight I expected to fight today, but ok. Life is weird... I feel like I want to go to church. If only I weren’t so lazy. If only masses weren’t so early. Wow. 

alright. I’ve got out of my head. So how is everybody doing?
I did nothing all day. Literally. Well I went to pick up some groceries and medical supplies for sister who twisted her ankle at a university party. I also started and unloaded the dishwasher and I wiped down living room surfaces with disinfectant. That was my entire productivity today. 

Congrats, Buck ;)

On 2/21/2020 at 8:39 PM, Buckwheat said:

Hi Fomney, how is everything? Erasmus plans? Or, in case you are back yet, already planning the next one? :P 

Erasmus is still very good, though I have more spare time than I know what to do with, which means I'm catching up on all the shows I've missed. Going to Lapland in a week and hoping to see the northern lights :) 

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

Erasmus is still very good, though I have more spare time than I know what to do with, which means I'm catching up on all the shows I've missed. Going to Lapland in a week and hoping to see the northern lights :) 

Erasmus is the time of your life when you have the most free time ever. Use it well! Make new friends and great memories! :)

Oooooohhhh, that sounds exciting. I would love to see that too. Wait, you are in Sweden, right?

So, um, continuing from yesterday's news ... errrr, it is kind of unusual for somebody to suggest destinations that take whole day's trip as a first date, yes? I know this is a very beautiful postage-stamp-sized country and I like seeing its beautiful nature and sights, but ... I don't feel comfortable going at least two hours' drive away with somebody I barely know. Am I weird?

:leaving:

36 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

So, um, continuing from yesterday's news ... errrr, it is kind of unusual for somebody to suggest destinations that take whole day's trip as a first date, yes? I know this is a very beautiful postage-stamp-sized country and I like seeing its beautiful nature and sights, but ... I don't feel comfortable going at least two hours' drive away with somebody I barely know. Am I weird?

:leaving:

No (you are not weird). I would never go on a day trip for a first date. In my book a first date is a coffee or a drink. The second is a meal and then a half day commitment and THEN a day trip and only after a number of successful day trips comes a multiple-day getaway.
(I do strongly advise against taking a one-week vacation with someone you went on three dates with, too. Then again I don’t think this would occur to anybody over the tender age of 20 :leaving: ) 

50 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

No (you are not weird). I would never go on a day trip for a first date. In my book a first date is a coffee or a drink. The second is a meal and then a half day commitment and THEN a day trip and only after a number of successful day trips comes a multiple-day getaway.
(I do strongly advise against taking a one-week vacation with someone you went on three dates with, too. Then again I don’t think this would occur to anybody over the tender age of 20 :leaving: ) 

I feel like there is a story behind that last part of your post.

I never went even on a short weekend vacation with a boyfriend, and I am old. It is a big regret.

Thank you for your valuable opinion on the appropriate first date. I might have exaggerated with the day trip, but all the destinations provided demand half a day at least.

Hello everyone,   sorry to barge into your spam, but this is a Pictionary advertisement.  I'm still looking for players.  I'm hoping to start on Monday and so far @Buckwheat has completely failed to let me know if she wants to play or not.  I feel personally ignored by a flower of sublime grace.

of course I am also missing several others from indicating an eagerness to play and the invite is open to all.  so please sign up in the pictionary 76 thread or send me a PM.  it will e great fun.

On 3/3/2020 at 9:28 PM, Buckwheat said:

Erasmus is the time of your life when you have the most free time ever. Use it well! Make new friends and great memories! :)

Oooooohhhh, that sounds exciting. I would love to see that too. Wait, you are in Sweden, right?

Certainly doing that :) And yeah, Sweden.

And yeah, a day trip for a first date is unusual. Though it might also end up being a lot of fun.

It's great to see you too, @Pebble thats Stubby! ;)

10 hours ago, First of My Name said:

And yeah, a day trip for a first date is unusual. Though it might also end up being a lot of fun.

It might, but I am not inclined to do it. I want to figure out if I am comfortable being in one-on-one company with somebody before committing to a whole day with them.

How is your Swedish?

11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I feel like there is a story behind that last part of your post.

I never went even on a short weekend vacation with a boyfriend, and I am old. It is a big regret.

Thank you for your valuable opinion on the appropriate first date. I might have exaggerated with the day trip, but all the destinations provided demand half a day at least.

Uh, a very awkward one :/ 

Don’t worry, you have 50 years ahead to go on weekend trips with a partner. 

Oh there’s no such thing as an appropriate first date, it’s just a matter of what each person is comfortable with. If there is a rule of thumb, it’s that you should do things you are comfortable doing. Hope you will find a compromise. 

*Waves at Bucky.*   

Day trips for a first date are a bit much.   First dates should always be in a 100% public place with lots of opportunity to make a tactical escape.     Or maybe that's just me.  Well was me al those years ago.   Git off my lawn.

However I'm very excited for your date.  Whatever it ends up being.  Just not a full day trip please.   

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh there’s no such thing as an appropriate first date, it’s just a matter of what each person is comfortable with. If there is a rule of thumb, it’s that you should do things you are comfortable doing. Hope you will find a compromise. 

Well, if we don't find a compromise about the location of the first date, then it is best to just not bother having a first or any number of subsequent dates at all. ;) 

1 hour ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

*Waves at Bucky.*   

Day trips for a first date are a bit much.   First dates should always be in a 100% public place with lots of opportunity to make a tactical escape.     Or maybe that's just me.  Well was me al those years ago.   Git off my lawn.

However I'm very excited for your date.  Whatever it ends up being.  Just not a full day trip please.   

This sounds kind of scary, but in general, I agree. At least one destination offered was somewhere where a tactical escape at any minute is completely impossible. No worries, I won't organise a day trip.

We are having the nastiest day. It’s been heavily raining since dawn and it’s about 5C. The perfect opportunity to curl up with a cup of hot tea and watching a meaningful film. 
sadly, when I get home, I need to find and order bathroom equipment for the renovation and clean my own place and then curl up with anything. 
I might pop over to see the dogs and my mom over the weekend.  Not sure it’s a good idea for me and sister to spend the entire weekend together. 

Yes, I am. Prince William seems to be having some health issues so I’ll come back on Thursday to take him to the vet. I hope whatever he has is treatable. Then again he is an old dog who’s lived life on the edge, so who knows. The new “puppy” (who is at this point 10 months old and 40kgs) is a sweetheart. He is so very clever, he’ll sit and stay until my mom fills his bowl and only then proceeds to devour  his food in 10 seconds. He is incredibly energetic and active but bendable enough that he’ll let me get it out of my system and cuddle him for a couple minutes before he runs along. The girl dogs are fine as well, they are both their typical selves and they have both put on weight. How awful to say that of female dogs, but it is the truth, they are both rather fat. 

I also had a crying session on my mom’s shoulder and I feel a lot less shitty than I did, so there’s that. No matter how old you, sometimes you just need to cry on your mom’s shoulder I suppose.
She is fine, by the way. She bought a wicker laundry basket after fifteen years of saying she wants a wicker laundry basket and moved a chair from her bedroom after fifteen years of saying she hates it. The chair is now in the top floor hall under a window, between the balcony door and my room. No complaints, I love that chair and will cherish every cup of tea I’ll drink and every book page I’ll read in it whenever I visit. If the dog training goes well, Herr Puppy might join me as well, he fits perfectly in/under/next to the chair. Although I don’t think he’ll want to climb that many stairs, there are comfortable chairs and head rubs at more accessible parts of the house too. 

oh and sister had cut her hair. If we are at coping mechanisms for the events of the previous weekend. She looks great, shorter styles always suited her better. 

Archived