TTTNE 476 - the ghost of series past

RhaenysBee

11 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

It seems like we won’t :( I guess the era of monarchy In tttne has passed. And there are barely any of us left anyway. 

But we can always stage a coup with the power of our gossip giggles And found friendtopia, if you would like to end the interregnum. 

We are the last of the giants ...

I thoroughly support this idea. :agree:

7 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Hey kittens! Happy Christmas if that is your jam, if not enjoy yourself regardless!

This forum and thread have been such a big part of my decade, which has been turbulent at times, but also full of some pretty fucking great shit. So I just want to give a quick thank you, and I love you all. :grouphug:

:grouphug: Happy Christmas to you too, Bear. Always here for you. And if you are ever anywhere near my poststamp-sized country ... ;)

Now get yourself over to the tree-decorating thread and add your baubles!

9 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Hey kittens! Happy Christmas if that is your jam, if not enjoy yourself regardless!

This forum and thread have been such a big part of my decade, which has been turbulent at times, but also full of some pretty fucking great shit. So I just want to give a quick thank you, and I love you all. :grouphug:

X X 

Merry Christmas BB and have a joyful next decade! Here’s to a roaring 2020s :lol: :cheers:  

Happy holidays to the Sith family! :cheers: 

so how have the holidays been going for everybody? Food coma, festive booze, family drama? 

I’m just realizing I have had very little alcohol. It would have helped soooo much. Well I shall be returning to my home in the city and lying into a tub of hot water infused with the contents of my lush gift box while I watch Downton Abbey and sip a cup of whiskey loaded tea. :wub: 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Reasonable amounts of food, no booze, family boredom.

Hmm I didn’t overeat too much either, there was very little booze and very little family drama too. My father got the same present for my cousin he had already got from his parents two days ago and my mother threw a wine cork into the garbage prematurely. Aside from these minor moments of drama, our Christmas was somewhat boring too. I spent an obnoxious amount of time setting up electronic devices for family members. 

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas!

Sorry I didn't contribute to the tree again, Buck. Always good intentions, maybe some day I'll figure it out?

It all comes down to George, imo. GOT let us down big time with that fizzle of a climax. Another book could put some energy back into Westeros and into TTTNE maybe. BUT I'm beginning to doubt . . .

15 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

Sorry I didn't contribute to the tree again, Buck. Always good intentions, maybe some day I'll figure it out?

It is not hard! If you have any questions, just ask, the general guidelines are in the first post. :) There is still time, I actually associate the tree with New Year as much as with Christmas.

It all comes down to George, imo. GOT let us down big time with that fizzle of a climax. Another book could put some energy back into Westeros and into TTTNE maybe. BUT I'm beginning to doubt . . .

I just started reading Fire and Blood, but I honestly don't find more Targaryen history all that inretesting.

But I don't think it comes down to George, it comes down to the posters here.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

It is not hard! If you have any questions, just ask, the general guidelines are in the first post. :) There is still time, I actually associate the tree with New Year as much as with Christmas.

I just started reading Fire and Blood, but I honestly don't find more Targaryen history all that inretesting.

But I don't think it comes down to George, it comes down to the posters here.

I really enjoyed F&B but then I would I suppose :P.

I didnt even flip through Fire and Blood at the bookstore. I would rather read Harry Potter a 50th time. Oh wait, I’m doing that.. :lol: 

so Scotch in earl grey is a much different taste result than Irish whiskey in earl grey. I’m quite a novice at drinking whiskey, I have only recently warmed to it, so if anybody is a whiskey drinker, Don’t hesitate to hit me with your suggestions :D (My focus is scotch and Irish whiskey not so much bourbon for the time being) 

My day has been kinda bleh, I didn’t get up in time and I picked the wrong place for brunch and wasted most of my afternoon looking for a new iPad case and storage containers for my bathroom and kitchen cabinets. I didn’t find anything of course because the queues after Christmas are as bad as the ones before Christmas. Oh well. I’ll make up for it tomorrow. I have a lot of cleaning and tidying to do, I hate going into the new year without getting rid of last year’s clutter and mess. 

I’m currently watching home renovation YouTube videos by the way, and I’m inspired to start the new year with a quest for a damn painting over my couch. 

why can’t I shut up? I’ll shut up now. 

4 hours ago, Jen'ari said:

I really enjoyed F&B but then I would I suppose :P.

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

I didnt even flip through Fire and Blood at the bookstore.

It didn't even register for me what new thing GRRM came up with, I am a bad fan ... I got it for my birthday, otherwise I wouldn't have known about it.

I’m currently watching home renovation YouTube videos by the way, and I’m inspired to start the new year with a quest for a damn painting over my couch.

I suggest you buy a 1000 or 1500 piece puzzle, put it together and hang in over your couch.

Wait, your birthday was also this month, right? I forgot which day, but in any case, happy belated birthday, RB! :commie:

11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

It didn't even register for me what new thing GRRM came up with, I am a bad fan ... I got it for my birthday, otherwise I wouldn't have known about it.

I suggest you buy a 1000 or 1500 piece puzzle, put it together and hang in over your couch.

Wait, your birthday was also this month, right? I forgot which day, but in any case, happy belated birthday, RB! :commie:

I just saw an article about his opening a bookstore that sells his books and those of local authors, as well as Game of Thrones merch. Those are the facts, I’ll refrain from publicizing my own thoughts about them. 

oh, I’m really not a puzzle person. I mean I might enjoy putting together a puzzle on a boring Christmas Day but I would never put it on my wall unless it happened to be a perfect aesthetic match and I was emotionally attached enough to the topic or the experience of putting it together to look past the fact that it’s a puzzle. 

fun fact, I did a job application over the autumn for a job I didn’t actually want, because it involved a personality test. My results involved zero for sociability and above average for aesthetic. So I suppose I’m someone who’ll do puzzles every day of her life alone in a dark room and never hang them on the wall because they are puzzles? I don’t even know what the hell I’m doing in this field of work. /quarter life crisis reloaded

Indeed, yes, it was a couple days before yours. And thank you! :cheers: 

17 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I didnt even flip through Fire and Blood at the bookstore. I would rather read Harry Potter a 50th time. Oh wait, I’m doing that.. :lol: 

so Scotch in earl grey is a much different taste result than Irish whiskey in earl grey. I’m quite a novice at drinking whiskey, I have only recently warmed to it, so if anybody is a whiskey drinker, Don’t hesitate to hit me with your suggestions :D (My focus is scotch and Irish whiskey not so much bourbon for the time being) 

My day has been kinda bleh, I didn’t get up in time and I picked the wrong place for brunch and wasted most of my afternoon looking for a new iPad case and storage containers for my bathroom and kitchen cabinets. I didn’t find anything of course because the queues after Christmas are as bad as the ones before Christmas. Oh well. I’ll make up for it tomorrow. I have a lot of cleaning and tidying to do, I hate going into the new year without getting rid of last year’s clutter and mess. 

why can’t I shut up? I’ll shut up now. 

15 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I liked F&B for me I found it more interesting than the main series to be honest, but then it’s I like dragons and silvery haired blondes a lot :P.

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

oh, I’m really not a puzzle person. I mean I might enjoy putting together a puzzle on a boring Christmas Day but I would never put it on my wall unless it happened to be a perfect aesthetic match and I was emotionally attached enough to the topic or the experience of putting it together to look past the fact that it’s a puzzle.

fun fact, I did a job application over the autumn for a job I didn’t actually want, because it involved a personality test. My results involved zero for sociability and above average for aesthetic. So I suppose I’m someone who’ll do puzzles every day of her life alone in a dark room and never hang them on the wall because they are puzzles? I don’t even know what the hell I’m doing in this field of work. /quarter life crisis reloaded

Indeed, yes, it was a couple days before yours. And thank you! :cheers: 

I kind of thought so, I assumed you wouldn't take my totally serious suggestion. ;)

I never had such a job application. Fun fact, I will probably start working full-time in April.

Oh sorry, I thought it was after mine!

19 minutes ago, Jen'ari said:

I liked F&B for me I found it more interesting than the main series to be honest, but then it’s I like dragons and silvery haired blondes a lot :P.

But ... IDK, I am only on second chapter, but to me it looks just like listing history, battles and politics and such. Not really a story, at least as far as have read. I want a story to follow the characters through their lifes, their psychologies and motivations and such, wrapped in poetic language. If I wanted to read history, I would read real-life history.

12 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I kind of thought so, I assumed you wouldn't take my totally serious suggestion. ;)

I never had such a job application. Fun fact, I will probably start working full-time in April.

But ... IDK, I am only on second chapter, but to me it looks just like listing history, battles and politics and such. Not really a story, at least as far as have read. I want a story to follow the characters through their lifes, their psychologies and motivations and such, wrapped in poetic language. If I wanted to read history, I would read real-life history.

Well why couldn’t it be a serious suggestions? I know at least two acquaintances who put together puzzles and hang them on their walls,  I’m sure it’s a “thing” people do! :lol: :dunno: 

wow that sounds great! So what kind of job did you end up getting and accepting? 

Well why couldn’t it be a serious suggestions? I know at least two acquaintances who put together puzzles and hang them on their walls,  I’m sure it’s a “thing” people do! :lol: :dunno: 

wow that sounds great! So what kind of job did you end up getting and accepting? 

Oh, it is a thing allright - just not something you would be into, I assumed. ;)

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I know what you mean, I’d rather it was a more fleshed out novel too, but I still find that time period far more interesting than the main events of ASOIAF.

In other news me and my gran and mini Sith went out to see one of my friends doing practice for showjumping, mrs Sith didn’t feel like coming out so we gave her some time to chill. We all had a nice fun day out with plenty of fresh air and mini Sith liked petting the horses but she wasn’t very good at giving them food, I had to do that but she had a very fun day.

16 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Greetings from Spain, spammers! :commie: I am here for the first time. For now: food is good, it is too windy at the beach, but still warmer than home, way too many tourists.

How are you liking it so far?, where in Spain did you go?.

Archived