TTTNE 476 - the ghost of series past

RhaenysBee

I’ve been a champ today and actually tackled my to do list. And now I have come with yet another big ikea bag to the charity drop off and it’s cloooooooosed. At least for lunch break. So I’m at the next door donut shop drinking some juice that claims to be health, boring you all with my daily life and waiting for the charity drop off to reopen. 

I hope you all see how desperately I’m trying to kick this thread along so we don’t close 2020 at post #780 or something. I know that’s still some 360 days away but 6 years of experience here doesn’t make me particularly optimistic :leaving: 

Sad update. The ONE time I’m not lazy and choose to take this ikea bag of stuff to the drop off, even though I had been out and had arrived home and could have as well stayed at home and been lazy, it is closed. And yes, I missed this fact twice. Once when I believed google without double checking, second when I thought it was only closed for lunch break. This is annoying. 

13 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Sad update. The ONE time I’m not lazy and choose to take this ikea bag of stuff to the drop off, even though I had been out and had arrived home and could have as well stayed at home and been lazy, it is closed. And yes, I missed this fact twice. Once when I believed google without double checking, second when I thought it was only closed for lunch break. This is annoying. 

Don't thex have a big container or something outside where you can drop your stuff?

52 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Don't thex have a big container or something outside where you can drop your stuff?

No, because they are an individual shop and not a chain :/ there used to be a chain that had containers all over the city but there was some scandal that they didn’t actually put the donations to charity, they sold them to a thrift store chain. I don’t know if they were legally closed down or the bad rep just bankrupted them but they are no longer in business. 

good morning spamlanders...as i sit drinking my morning cuppa i am here to do my part to push tttne toward the goal of at least 2 new threads this year...

...sorry Rhaeny your charitable activities were blocked today...but at least you had an outing and a nice glass of juice

now time to submit my winning entry for acrophobia...

:smoking:

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Ahoy! Same to you! How did you spend the holidays, birdie?

Being sick. There’s this wretched cold that ends up with a terrible cough going around North America. It starts with fatigue, then moves on to you coughing up disgusting amounts of crap, then you just have the cough. It started with the fatigue almost two weeks before Christmas. I had Christmas Day dinner with friends and felt pretty good. I had also been running around doing normal stuff until then.

After Christmas it got much worse, but then settled down again. My friends went to a local bar where their son is GM and I joined them for New Year’s Eve drinks. Then the cold reverted to being much worse again. Went to the doctor yesterday and he gave me a prescription for cough medicine with codeine. Good grief did a teaspoon of that ever make me fly!

I am just coughing and coughing and it hurts like hell. He also told me to knock of the caffeine (coffee and tea make the throat feel better) so now I have a ginormous headache.

Sadly, the doctor said so far the worst case he has seen has lasted 5 months....

17 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Happy new year :wub: 

And happy new year to you too, Mark! :cheers: how is 2020 treating you so far? 

Just now, Fragile Bird said:

Being sick. There’s this wretched cold that ends up with a terrible cough going around North America. It starts with fatigue, then moves on to you coughing up disgusting amounts of crap, then you just have the cough. It started with the fatigue almost two weeks before Christmas. I had Christmas Day dinner with friends and felt pretty good. I had also been running around doing normal stuff until then.

After Christmas it got much worse, but then settled down again. My friends went to a local bar where their son is GM and I joined them for New Year’s Eve drinks. Then the cold reverted to being much worse again. Went to the doctor yesterday and he gave me a prescription for cough medicine with codeine. Good grief did a teaspoon of that ever make me fly!

I am just coughing and coughing and it hurts like hell. He also told me to knock of the caffeine (coffee and tea make the throat feel better) so now I have a ginormous headache.

Sadly, the doctor said so far the worst case he has seen has lasted 5 months....

Oh no, this sounds awful! I’m so sorry, hope you feel better soon and get rid of the cough. It is such an exhausting and irksome symptom. Are you at least able to sleep at night with it? 

The reason I went to the doctor was because I coughed all night Thursday and didn’t sleep. I am going to hunker down in bed until I get better, though I know I can’t live in bed. 

I drove to Macdonalds this morning to get a breakfast sandwich, ate the potato thingy and had a few bites of the sandwich but couldn’t finish it. Drank half the orange juice. Then I went to the grocery store and bought a loaf of bread and decaf herbal tea to see me through this. I’m coughing again and should take some more cough meds. Soon. Maybe I’ll make some hot chocolate. 

7 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Happy new year :wub: 

And to you, consul! :cheers: 

7 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Being sick.

<snippity>

That is awful. I hope that the medicine works and you manage to eat and sleep some. :grouphug: Take care of yourself.

My family members also fell sick while I was off in Spain. I suppose it is good I was away so I didn't catch anything, and by the time I came back (in the middle of the night last night), they all felt somewhat better.

1 hour ago, rocksniffer said:

...fast food is poison... <_<

Pretty much. I ate way more than I usually do last week. Now I just want fresh and freshly cooked vegetables all the time.

Well isn’t it a joy to wake up to a broken gas heater on the last day of your holiday on a Sunday morning? No heating and no hot water. Aw I love this house it was soooo worth the money. I honestly have half a mind to write to the real estate agency. It’s not like they have any control or responsibility over this anymore, I’ve been here for 2.5 years. Then again, ought they not know what shit they are selling? Then again, why would they care? Like the investors, all they care about someone’s buying these things, absolutely nobody has any interest in these flats’ being functional and long lasting. Well the buyer does but who the hell cares about the buyer? It’s my responsibility as a buyer to make a smart decision to which I apparently need to be a polymath who knows about city layouts, construction, heating and water systems, electronic wiring, window blinding systems and so on and so forth. And if I’m not, I should face the music. I know I have to accept that. Pfff And I thought my biggest problem today would be deciding whether I want to put lavender in my London fog latte or not. 

on a different topic, the street noise war continues in 2020 as well. It seems like a chapel or something might have opened at the other end of the street. And now the street is filled with church singing I can hear through closed windows. Now I don’t have a problem with church singing though I’ve never heard church singing to happen in the middle of a residential street. However, I am pretty sure that a large number of people will lose it over this. Somehow people are angry with religion and I’m sure each and every one of the college students will feel entitled to scream and clamor like wild animals in the middle of the night if they are woken by church singing on Sunday morning. 

once again, for the second time in one post, I can’t stress enough how much I regret moving here. Don’t get me wrong, I do love the structure of the flat, I just wish it wasn’t so poorly renovated. Oh well, the moral of this story is still the same. If you buy real estate my two cents on priorities: 1st and no-compromise priority: location, 2nd and barely-compromise priority: size, 3rd and compromise priority: condition. Well I suppose I can say I learn from these things, at least. 

Okay, I’m a terribly bitchy And dramatic person, the repairman is already here and fixing my heating so I really have nothing to complain about. I mean I’m fortunate to have a house with heating and be able to afford 0-24 repairs. /reality check 

Archived