Jump to content
RhaenysBee

TTTNE 476 - the ghost of series past

Recommended Posts

On 1/26/2020 at 5:55 AM, RhaenysBee said:

Hello Wally, nice to see you are doing better. Which uni will you be attending? Do you know what you’ll major in? 
hope you’ll soon be completely healed :grouphug: 

Thanks Rhaenys, I'm happy you're still around. I'm attending the university of North Carolina at Charlotte. Basically going from the country to living in the states biggest city. I'm a music education major, meaning I'll most likely end up a chorus director. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2020 at 2:39 AM, Kaminsod said:

Thanks Rhaenys, I'm happy you're still around. I'm attending the university of North Carolina at Charlotte. Basically going from the country to living in the states biggest city. I'm a music education major, meaning I'll most likely end up a chorus director. 

Oh yes, I’m still around, as long as there’s something to be around at least :) 

wow that doesn’t sound usual or boring at all! Hope you make a lovely lovely career out of your music studies! 
 

I’ve been mildly ill these past couple days. Some sort of winter virus, sore throat and sore body but at least no fever or congestion. Then again, with all the bbc news articles I was stupid enough to let into my Facebook feed, I can read any amount of drama into it. Although, I have literally no respiratory symptoms so even I can’t be that hypochondriac. 

anyway, I’ve been mostly resting, doing very little work and watching downton abbey. It’s still the most adorable show in the world, although season six does have its storytelling downs. Never mind that, I’m still convinced I should have been born a hundred years ago. 

I’ve also noticed that bushfire news is exchanged by brexit and trump and virus news, so I briefly wondered whatever happened to Australia. Because you know, the news pages always let you know about the raging drama but they always conveniently forget the resolution of these issues as there are always new raging dramas to report. Well half a day later bbc news tells me there’s still a fire near Canberra, so I guess the world just forgot about Australia with brexit day and the coronavirus and poor Kobe Bryant. So much about the integrity of the modern world... 

I don’t know why I’m so moody at the world, I suppose It’s just hormonal and/or feeling under the weather in general. Sorry, world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get better, Rhae.

Meanwhile, I am back from my not-Vienna abroad time, back to not having to deal with the shitty kitchen and not working Internet ... but also back to not living with people I became such good friends with and being able to party with them a lot and all ... saaaaaaad.

But I have stuff to look forward to, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck with the post-Erasmus depression, Buck. I wonder if it will be as bad for me when mine ends ;) 

On 1/22/2020 at 9:12 PM, Jen'ari said:

Time for the Old Republic Era, HK-47 and the Sith Empire :commie:.

We could still get a spin-off about that!

On 1/24/2020 at 11:17 PM, Kaminsod said:

Good afternoon everyone, just popping in for a bit. Life's been going good, I'm now off crutches, moved into my own place, and I'm finally into the uni I've been wanting to go too. Still not 100% recovered from the accident, but getting closer every day.

That's great news Wally! Good luck :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t deal with this life, people. 

this is obviously 100% my responsibility, and taught me a great deal for future renovation endeavors, but I am scarred. I’m sure I’ll get through the 5 stages of grief over the weekend and I’m sure I’ll find a semi-overpriced solution to fix this issue, but for now I just need to let the emotions happen. 

long story short, the shower cabin was installed this past week and it’s just disgusting. I don’t know how or why but the glass panels are acid wash. I do have a faint memory of specifying that I wanted regular transparent glass everywhere except the front door windows. Then again this was never put to writing to so how can I prove it even to myself? I did find a pdf or proposal for the shower cabin and there was transparent glass in the illustration there. So that must have been another reason why my brain did think it had to control and micromanage every second of this shower cabin business. Anyway, it didn’t, and now we have the acid wash cabin. I could write a 20 page essay on why it’s wrong, but I’ll spare you the details, you’ll just have to trust me that it is, indeed, terribly wrong. 

of course I’m past my initial naive that sensible, proactive, customer-oriented people work in the construction industry, and I 100% realize that it was 100% my responsibility to take full control of this business and specify three times that I want to see visual plans and technical details and an order confirmation for the shower cabin. Having neglected to do this, I can hardly blame anybody but myself. For the shower cabin fiasco at least. 

One worker or the other did break a toilet we intended to keep, tried to cover up their mistake by sticking the broken piece of the tank back with silicone filling(!?!). Of course the porcelain fractured all along the tank so even with the broken piece “mended”, the tank still leaks through the crack. Obviously I cannot prove this was damage caused by the workers and I don’t have the slightest clue who and when did it. Nor does the construction manager, or if he does he pretends to think it was a preexisting problem. I have no words for this. and it’s not the three hundred euros for the new toilet, it’s the principle. 

and it’s not like it was the first time that accidental mistake by a builder and their complete lack of responsibility lands me with financial damage. When I moved into my current flat the renovators at my upstairs neighbor broke a pipe and tried to tie it together with a rubber band, causing two of my walls to soak patchy. This was ONE day after I signed the contract for this flat. Of course insurance paid for it, but my wall was patchy for months and again - the principle. 

as You can see, I’m not on much better terms with the world today than I was yesterday. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Good luck with the post-Erasmus depression, Buck. I wonder if it will be as bad for me when mine ends ;) 

I wish I could tell you it probably won't, but ... honestly, it probably will. Or worse, since this is my third time coming back home from an extended stay away, so I am used to it by now. I also have new experience to look forward to soon-ish (new job! I will tell you all about it when/if it is finalised and I start there), so that helps somewhat. But something in me just keeps screaming for me to apply for the next available scholarship, pack my bags and move to a new place where things are simpler, for at least another semester.

Also, my room here is waaaay too small for my life. Just threw away a bunch of things to make at least some space in the drawers (old papers mostly), but then I think of the fact that I will probably get a bunch of new things once I start the aforementioned new job and I have no idea what to do anymore. I am stacking books on my nightstand now.

Edited by Buckwheat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The decluttering project, day 2: Clothing. Just sorted through ALL the clothing in my room and separated the stuff that can be donated to charity and the permanently stained and torn stuff that not even the charity will take anymore, so it needs to go to trash. It makes for a lot of stuff. It took almost the whole day. Now my closets look like they can at least breathe. Whew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone I hope you all had a good weekend :), mine wasn’t the best at all, I started to feel very ill on Thursday and got made to go to hospital which I’m glad I did because it turned out to be very serious, it turned out that the infection wasn’t completely gone in my mouth and managed to get into my bloodstream which is REALLY bad, I’ve honestly never felt so bad or so afraid ever, thankfully the awesome doctors and nurses managed to kick its ass with IV antibiotics and I have to take more tablets still but I’m back at home just feeling very drained and tired and hoping Mini Sith 2 doesn’t plan on arriving for another week or two so I can recover fully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jen'ari said:

Hello everyone I hope you all had a good weekend :), mine wasn’t the best at all, I started to feel very ill on Thursday and got made to go to hospital which I’m glad I did because it turned out to be very serious, it turned out that the infection wasn’t completely gone in my mouth and managed to get into my bloodstream which is REALLY bad, I’ve honestly never felt so bad or so afraid ever, thankfully the awesome doctors and nurses managed to kick its ass with IV antibiotics and I have to take more tablets still but I’m back at home just feeling very drained and tired and hoping Mini Sith 2 doesn’t plan on arriving for another week or two so I can recover fully.

Oh dear, this is awful! I’m so sorry you had to go through such a terrifying emergency! It’s such a relief the doctors caught it, I hope you recover quickly. :grouphug: Also hope you guys have help, I can’t imagine the pressure of an impending baby, a toddler and your feeling so poorly. :grouphug: 

Edited by RhaenysBee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2020 at 10:20 AM, RhaenysBee said:

long story short, the shower cabin was installed this past week and it’s just disgusting. I don’t know how or why but the glass panels are acid wash. I do have a faint memory of specifying that I wanted regular transparent glass everywhere except the front door windows. Then again this was never put to writing to so how can I prove it even to myself? I did find a pdf or proposal for the shower cabin and there was transparent glass in the illustration there. So that must have been another reason why my brain did think it had to control and micromanage every second of this shower cabin business. Anyway, it didn’t, and now we have the acid wash cabin. I could write a 20 page essay on why it’s wrong, but I’ll spare you the details, you’ll just have to trust me that it is, indeed, terribly wrong. 

as You can see, I’m not on much better terms with the world today than I was yesterday. 

 

This is totally unfair to you and not right. Are you paying for this work, or your landlord? If you, then you should get what you want. I work in construction and when we don't get it things right we have to redo them so the customer is satisfied. I do know that men in construction do try to play the man card and pretend you (the woman) got it wrong, but speaking as a man - men get details wrong far more often than women. It's a gross generalization, I know, but in my experience, most often true.

I find it far easier to believe that you were clear about what you wanted and the foreman or whoever you talked to just lost track of the specifics of what you wanted. It's unfortunately easy to do. I try to scrupulously write down what I'm asked to do, but mistakes still get made.

And the toilet breaking is unforgivable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

That sounds terrible, m'lady Sith. I hope you get completely well soon. Have a hug. :grouphug: 

 

7 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh dear, this is awful! I’m so sorry you had to go through such a terrifying emergency! It’s such a relief the doctors caught it, I hope you recover quickly. :grouphug: Also hope you guys have help, I can’t imagine the pressure of an impending baby, a toddler and your feeling so poorly. :grouphug: 

Thank you, it was really horrible, really I have my wife to thank for stopping my usual stubbornness and making me go to hospital, if I hadn’t gone I may well have not been alive by now, it’s made me see just how fragile we are as people even if we are healthy normally.

All I can say is if you are not feeling well or right then go and see a medical professional, better to be safe than sorry.

At the moment I’m just feeling super drained and ugh, it might last a while but I will be ok, no sign of mini Sith 2 yet and mini Sith 1 has been quite concerned for me in her little way, she has kept asking mama ok mama ok?, thankfully yes we do have some help at the moment but yes a very intense time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

This is totally unfair to you and not right. Are you paying for this work, or your landlord? If you, then you should get what you want. I work in construction and when we don't get it things right we have to redo them so the customer is satisfied. I do know that men in construction do try to play the man card and pretend you (the woman) got it wrong, but speaking as a man - men get details wrong far more often than women. It's a gross generalization, I know, but in my experience, most often true.

I find it far easier to believe that you were clear about what you wanted and the foreman or whoever you talked to just lost track of the specifics of what you wanted. It's unfortunately easy to do. I try to scrupulously write down what I'm asked to do, but mistakes still get made.

And the toilet breaking is unforgivable.

Well that’s exactly the kind of attitude little naive me would expect, that’s how I take care of clients I work with at my job, that’s how I want to be treated as a client. but that just Doesn’t seem to be everybody’s reality. 

We own the flat so we are paying, and an obscene amount of money, might I add. I don’t actually see the man vs woman power dynamic, I usually feel I’m talked down to because of my age, you know, what could I possibly know about the world compared to a builder/construction manager who could be my parent? 
The thing is there were too many channels of communication. We emailed about things involving money, but quick questions about preference were often communicated via Viber (do you have that  in the US at all? It’s like whatsapp) or in speaking via phone calls. 

18 hours ago, Jen'ari said:

 

Thank you, it was really horrible, really I have my wife to thank for stopping my usual stubbornness and making me go to hospital, if I hadn’t gone I may well have not been alive by now, it’s made me see just how fragile we are as people even if we are healthy normally.

All I can say is if you are not feeling well or right then go and see a medical professional, better to be safe than sorry.

At the moment I’m just feeling super drained and ugh, it might last a while but I will be ok, no sign of mini Sith 2 yet and mini Sith 1 has been quite concerned for me in her little way, she has kept asking mama ok mama ok?, thankfully yes we do have some help at the moment but yes a very intense time.

I’m really glad she made you see a doctor who was competent enough to catch the problem. Hope you have a speedy recover and you all get to exhale and recompose before the arrival of mini sith 2. :grouphug: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck with the mini Sith no. 2. :commie:

I am stressed and nervous about the job situation, but at the same time, bored because they don't call me. I even started uncluttering another closet full of my stuff to keep me busy. But I realise I am just doing it because I want to have some sort of control over my own living situation. Moving back in the parents' flat is rough. I cannot wait to earn enough money of my own to move out for good ... as I have been saying for years. :/ Also, post-Erasmus depression for the third time.

Edited by Buckwheat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand that decluttering more closets is a poor substitute for what you would rather be doing, but you have to admit, it’s a damn useful one. 
keep calm and carry on, I’m sure you’ll hear back from the job soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

I understand that decluttering more closets is a poor substitute for what you would rather be doing, but you have to admit, it’s a damn useful one. 
keep calm and carry on, I’m sure you’ll hear back from the job soon!

Yes, I guess it is. I gave up on it at some point, I am sure I have more stuff that I would want to throw away, but I don't feel like doing it anymore.

I used to cling to sooooo much stuff - toys, drawings, souvenirs, a bunch of stuff I am never going to use anymore. Now after realising how much I move around, I also realised I don't need that many things and it became easier to throw it away. But today, my father, who didn't use to have a problem with sentimental clinging to things, told me I shouldn't throw some old souvenirs away, took them from the pile and put them away to keep. Well okay.

Hopefully I will, I am going crazy. My friends seem very busy too and I cannot meet many of them even after we didn't see each other for quite some time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Yes, I guess it is. I gave up on it at some point, I am sure I have more stuff that I would want to throw away, but I don't feel like doing it anymore.

I used to cling to sooooo much stuff - toys, drawings, souvenirs, a bunch of stuff I am never going to use anymore. Now after realising how much I move around, I also realised I don't need that many things and it became easier to throw it away. But today, my father, who didn't use to have a problem with sentimental clinging to things, told me I shouldn't throw some old souvenirs away, took them from the pile and put them away to keep. Well okay.

Hopefully I will, I am going crazy. My friends seem very busy too and I cannot meet many of them even after we didn't see each other for quite some time.

I do find a queer joy in regularly decluttering and getting rid of stuff. Growing up it was the done thing in our house to sort out clothes and toys I no longer used twice a year (before winter and before summer). The only thing I wasn’t allowed to get rid of were books. We did store these items in the attic for an obscene amount of time, then my mother slowly started giving them away to the local kindergarten and underprivileged families. at one point she also got rid of my high school textbooks. That scarred me, especially losing my precious history things. 
 

oh tell me about it. Having grown up the best we can manage with any friend group is meeting up twice a year. Even with individual friends, we only get to see each other every other months. Another thing nobody mentioned about adulthood when we were kids :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: Yes, I can change the shower panels back for transparent glass relatively easily. For €500. :dunno: Well I never truly expected anything less than 450 anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...