TTTNE 476 - the ghost of series past

RhaenysBee

I had a nice run along the river this morning, there were a few people out but all keeping their distance, there was someone else doing feeding the ducks,swans and geese and it made me :( a bit because I know how much Mini Sith 1 would like to be doing that at the moment (well except the swans she gets scared of them sometimes and hides behind me)

Today was my last day at work. Somehow I didn’t have time for anything but work and errands this week. That’s rather absurd given the quarantine situation. 

plans for the upcoming weeks/months of quarantine and unemployment:

painting two pots with cream chalk paint, painting a tray black, potentially painting an entire side table black although I only have that amount of black pain in a chalk board paint version and I’m not sure that’s going to work

Finishing a family album I had started years ago. I sorted out two drawers of photos last weekend so I have a system to search for specific pictures at least. 

Finishing a travel scrapbook I abandoned - again years ago. I have a whole box of travel memorabilia and photos (though many of them digital and copy shops are closed)

FINALLY starting a bullet journal - which I never intended to use for logging tasks. I only want the ‘filler pages’ (habit tracking, gratitude page, personal goals, mood tracking, art and leisure events when there is any, new skills and studying etc). I don’t need another platform to be centered around responsibilities and tasks. I won’t forget about those anyway. 

writing my quarantine experiences (thoughts, feelings, events, etc) 

Returning to an adult coloring book I got years and years ago 

Reading the pile of books I have on my shelf but never read

Learning basic illustration so I can make use of my Apple Pencil and properly draw up the visual plans for the built-ins in my old flat (that’s still under renovation and where the $3000 worth of floorboards weren’t enough to cover the entire space so we have to order extra but who the hell is going to get them into the country when the the whole of Europe is in lockdown - if anybody wanted to hear about further struggles) 

Potentially trying audible to entertain myself during the painting projects

taking on more diy projects such as painting the paneling in my old room at my mum’s house, painting the wood furniture there, potentially touching up the patio railings if we manage to get wood stain and enough sanding supplies, same for my mum’s front door. Also sorting out the entire garage, garden shed and water boiler/heater cellar - which is going to be a two-three-week job. Getting some boxes from somewhere to sort out my father’s old work files and setting up storage space for them in the attic. 

sorting out the old coins we found in the currency drawer. It was an adventure and I’m such a geek for anything remotely historical. Though the oldest coin I found was from 1943 only. 

if I ever see a YouTube deal for skillshare I might also try an interior design course 

and I should really really really brush up my German

and I have a few on-going writing projects - because believe it or not, I used to be good at that kind of thing and always wanted to pursue it one way or the other, I was just too cowardly. 

my god, I love unemployment. The possibilities are endless. 

But in all seriousness, I will glad if I get to do half of these things. 

part of the excitement is the two glasses of Aperol Spritz I have consumed in the party two hours. I’m normally not this positive and happy and proactive. 

Hello people, happy Easter! 
hope you are all staying safe and healthy and enjoying the holiday - if you celebrate it - as much as you can at home! 

It feels weird that there won’t be a church service. My entire religious life consists of Christmas mass and Easter church service, but that’s a practice so imprinted in me, that I feel sad now we won’t get to go. Oh well. There is an abundance of chocolate, sunshine and we are considering baking a carrot cake. 

how are you all?

Hello, Rhae!

Your list of tasks puts me to shame. :blushing: You are using this quarantine very productively.

I still have just a few pages to finish of the proofreading job, I have been putting effort into that in the last few days.

Today, my mother and I tried a new method to colour eggs, although we don't  celebrate Easter in our house. We mostly did it to try something new and fill the time, I guess. They are very colourful now.

It is very sunny and feels like a proper spring here. But apparently, next week is going to be colder again.

On 4/11/2020 at 3:58 PM, Buckwheat said:

Hello, Rhae!

Your list of tasks puts me to shame. :blushing: You are using this quarantine very productively.

I still have just a few pages to finish of the proofreading job, I have been putting effort into that in the last few days.

Today, my mother and I tried a new method to colour eggs, although we don't  celebrate Easter in our house. We mostly did it to try something new and fill the time, I guess. They are very colourful now.

It is very sunny and feels like a proper spring here. But apparently, next week is going to be colder again.

Ah, you overestimate my productivity. this is for the next three months. And I will be satisfied if I get to half of them. And I had two naps today. 

good luck with finishing up the proof reading job! 

ah nice! What method did you use? We used to boil them in food coloring at one grandma’s when I was little and or put herbs on them and wrap them in nylon socks and boil them with natural colorants with my other grandma. we no longer color eggs, sadly :( 

same, we are supposed to have ten degrees on Tuesday :eek: 

On 4/7/2020 at 4:31 AM, RhaenysBee said:

Ooooh, I just dismantled my 20 year old desk! (I left the city to spend the isolation at my mother’s house in the country) it was such a sweet experience, and I was quite proud that I managed to take it apart in 20 minutes. It has a new home now. 

And yes, desks facing a solid wall just kill your soul a little bit and make you feel even more isolated if possible. I think you made the right choice positioning it. 

You taught Alexa 2 new skills. And my mum can’t even start a MS teams call without help. :lol:

Anyway, I have a cardinal question. How do I color match my hair to buy basic drugstore hair dye?  
You know, so I can destroy my hair in quarantine instead of being brave enough to go to the hair salon? (Which is weirdly and astonishingly still allowed here) 

I have used drug store hair dye for most of my life.  Things I have learned:  buy the better brands, not the cheap stuff, do the time test as indicated in the directions, set an actual timer, don't just rely on looking at the clock (too easy to get distracted) use on old towel--it will get dye on it. take your time to get good coverage.  It's not hard, or even all that bad for your hair, if you follow the directions.

:grouphug:I hope everyone is doing well.  Everyone here is fine, if a little stir-crazy.  Alex constantly begs to have his gf over, but the husband is having none of it.  

On 4/12/2020 at 8:17 PM, RhaenysBee said:

ah nice! What method did you use? We used to boil them in food coloring at one grandma’s when I was little and or put herbs on them and wrap them in nylon socks and boil them with natural colorants with my other grandma. we no longer color eggs, sadly :( 

We actually never used to do it until last year. My grandmother and aunt did it and when I was little, we visited them for Easter.

Last year, my mother heard about a new method and decided to try it out now (probably wouldn't if we weren't stuck at home bored): take a lot of onion peels of different colours, white and red onion. Chop them into small pieces (my mother just used the electric chopping machine), cover the eggs with the water and pieces so they stick to it, wrap in nylon socks, cook in water. At the end of the cooking, add green egg dye. The eggs are going to look very colourful, brown and green. They were certainly very interesting.

It snowed like crazy this morning.

20 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I have used drug store hair dye for most of my life.  Things I have learned:  buy the better brands, not the cheap stuff, do the time test as indicated in the directions, set an actual timer, don't just rely on looking at the clock (too easy to get distracted) use on old towel--it will get dye on it. take your time to get good coverage.  It's not hard, or even all that bad for your hair, if you follow the directions.

:grouphug:I hope everyone is doing well.  Everyone here is fine, if a little stir-crazy.  Alex constantly begs to have his gf over, but the husband is having none of it.  

Thanks for the tips! I intend to wait it out as long as I can, but I doubt things will be all right in another months. I think I will only take on the challenge of home hair coloring when the situation is still hopeless and I have two-three centimeters of roots showing :eek: 

stay safe and as difficult it is, Alex should stay strong and not see his girlfriend until it’s safe to do so for both families. 

20 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

We actually never used to do it until last year. My grandmother and aunt did it and when I was little, we visited them for Easter.

Last year, my mother heard about a new method and decided to try it out now (probably wouldn't if we weren't stuck at home bored): take a lot of onion peels of different colours, white and red onion. Chop them into small pieces (my mother just used the electric chopping machine), cover the eggs with the water and pieces so they stick to it, wrap in nylon socks, cook in water. At the end of the cooking, add green egg dye. The eggs are going to look very colourful, brown and green. They were certainly very interesting.

It snowed like crazy this morning.

Sounds like a creative twist on the natural dye method! Love it. 

we didn’t have snow but it was 7C yesterday. The weather is weird. 

Okay, today I made myself proud. 

I applied for a really really amazing job which is somewhat under my experience level (and thus Probably pays poorly) but it’s exactly the type of job that’s my perfect cup of tea for an indefinite quarantine period and these openings are rare enough that I’m willing to build from a step or two lower. 

went to the grocery store and talked to the shop assistant lady who I know from years and years ago. It was soooooo heartwarming to have a live conversation with a person who isn’t my immediate family. And I also saw the elderly man sit on a bench in front of his house, who had sat on a bench in front of his house twenty years ago too. The feels. 

I sanitized the groceries and tidied my room and vacuumed and mopped all three floors. I did some laundry, I baked banana muffins and I’ve already picked an oatmeal raisin cookie recipe for the day after tomorrow. 

I absolutely deserve to watch Netflix tonight. 

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

Pretty good, I decided to buy a Switch to keep myself busy and now I'm finally playing Breath of the Wild. Other than that there's not much happening here :P What about you?

I don’t know what a Switch is :eek: :leaving: is it like Xbox and PlayStation? 
I’m making brownies and running renovation errands. And I want to sort out my avatar here because it’s driving me nuts to not have one :lol:  Quarantine problems, I suppose. 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

I don’t know what a Switch is :eek: :leaving: is it like Xbox and PlayStation? 
I’m making brownies and running renovation errands. And I want to sort out my avatar here because it’s driving me nuts to not have one :lol:  Quarantine problems, I suppose. 

You have one now. You look angry.

1 minute ago, Buckwheat said:

I see. I thought it was a fashionable lace glove. I also see your new member title. Very appropriate.

Unfortunately these images show up so tiny it's difficult to make a point through them. 

I swear I haven't thought so much about my avatars for 5 years at least :lol: 

I'm starving.

1 minute ago, RhaenysBee said:

Unfortunately these images show up so tiny it's difficult to make a point through them. 

I swear I haven't thought so much about my avatars for 5 years at least :lol: 

I'm starving.

I have cake. I worked very hard on it (yes, I made it myself), but the birthday boy doesn't want any.

1 minute ago, Buckwheat said:

I have cake. I worked very hard on it (yes, I made it myself), but the birthday boy doesn't want any.

Oh is it your valonqar's birthday today? 

I have brownies, but I'm not allowed to cut them because sister's having an online class at the kitchen island - where else of all places in the house? 

Just now, RhaenysBee said:

Oh is it your valonqar's birthday today? 

I have brownies, but I'm not allowed to cut them because sister's having an online class at the kitchen island - where else of all places in the house? 

Yes.

Of course, that is the most sensible place to have a class at.

I am trying to decide if I should send this job application or not. On one hand, I must feel like I am at least doing something in that direction. On the other hand, there are barely any openings now (surprise, surprise), and I am not qualified for this anyway, it is in another city so even if they were to invite me to an interview, I would have trouble going ... IDK. Can't hurt to send an email, I guess? :dunno: 

Archived