TTTNE 476 - the ghost of series past

RhaenysBee

1 minute ago, Buckwheat said:

Yes.

Of course, that is the most sensible place to have a class at.

I am trying to decide if I should send this job application or not. On one hand, I must feel like I am at least doing something in that direction. On the other hand, there are barely any openings now (surprise, surprise), and I am not qualified for this anyway, it is in another city so even if they were to invite me to an interview, I would have trouble going ... IDK. Can't hurt to send an email, I guess? :dunno: 

Absolutely. 

Send away. It's never not a good idea to apply for any job. It's likely that they aren't arranging face-to-face interviews and you'd be asked to skype. Even if you are not qualified for this job, they might have other vacancies in the near future (or in the present) that are suitable for you and the application also expresses your motivation to work with them.

5 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Absolutely. 

Send away. It's never not a good idea to apply for any job. It's likely that they aren't arranging face-to-face interviews and you'd be asked to skype. Even if you are not qualified for this job, they might have other vacancies in the near future (or in the present) that are suitable for you and the application also expresses your motivation to work with them.

You are probably right. No idea if people even keep their former applicants in mind when they have new openings, but sure, it cannot hurt.

It is in another city, where I am not even sure I'd want to move for this, but at least sending an email is good. I am just, as usual, procrastinating with writing the cover letter.

12 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

You are probably right. No idea if people even keep their former applicants in mind when they have new openings, but sure, it cannot hurt.

It is in another city, where I am not even sure I'd want to move for this, but at least sending an email is good. I am just, as usual, procrastinating with writing the cover letter.

It varies, usually based on how professional hiring is, how difficult the particular opening is to fill and the size of the company (which often correlates with the first). Big, professional organizations will usually have a career platform (and its database counterpart) where they start looking. Tiny organizations with few openings and a savvy person in hiring will likely remember previous recruitment processes and potential candidates they yielded. If the vacancy is a challenge to fill, they will go through everything they have with a fine toothed comb in hope of results. 

You’d have plenty of time to consider And decide, I’m sure. Cover letters are awful, I fully understand the procrastination. 

12 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

It varies, usually based on how professional hiring is, how difficult the particular opening is to fill and the size of the company (which often correlates with the first). Big, professional organizations will usually have a career platform (and its database counterpart) where they start looking. Tiny organizations with few openings and a savvy person in hiring will likely remember previous recruitment processes and potential candidates they yielded. If the vacancy is a challenge to fill, they will go through everything they have with a fine toothed comb in hope of results. 

You’d have plenty of time to consider And decide, I’m sure. Cover letters are awful, I fully understand the procrastination. 

I think that I have only once had the experience to apply somewhere where they had a special team of people in charge of hiring. Most of where I apply, the director/secretary/some office assistant is in charge of that.

Also, I have an education that way too many people to hire have, so I don't think any place I am qualified to apply for has problems with a lack of applicants. Sadly! Otherwise, I'd have better chances to actually get hired.

Anyway, I sent it. :dunno: 

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I think that I have only once had the experience to apply somewhere where they had a special team of people in charge of hiring. Most of where I apply, the director/secretary/some office assistant is in charge of that.

Also, I have an education that way too many people to hire have, so I don't think any place I am qualified to apply for has problems with a lack of applicants. Sadly! Otherwise, I'd have better chances to actually get hired.

Anyway, I sent it. :dunno: 

I suppose that’s the general practice for language schools, translating/translator/translation (native speakers, please help a woman out) agencies, schools, at least over here. Of course I’m not familiar with what jobs you’ve applied for throughout your career, just making a general observation. 

I’m not sure about that. Here German automotive companies do struggle to find people for back office positions with a sufficient level of German knowledge. And you speak advanced English too. That’s pretty rare, at least here. Then again, it also depends on where you apply. What I’m trying to say is that you have a valuable skill set and qualification. Don’t let any potential rejection make you doubt that. 

:cheers: good luck! 

19 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I suppose that’s the general practice for language schools, translating/translator/translation (native speakers, please help a woman out) agencies, schools, at least over here. Of course I’m not familiar with what jobs you’ve applied for throughout your career, just making a general observation. 

I’m not sure about that. Here German automotive companies do struggle to find people for back office positions with a sufficient level of German knowledge. And you speak advanced English too. That’s pretty rare, at least here. Then again, it also depends on where you apply. What I’m trying to say is that you have a valuable skill set and qualification. Don’t let any potential rejection make you doubt that. 

:cheers: good luck! 

Yeah, I have language skills, but barely any office skills. :leaving: 

On 4/15/2020 at 12:57 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Okay, today I made myself proud. 

I applied for a really really amazing job which is somewhat under my experience level (and thus Probably pays poorly) but it’s exactly the type of job that’s my perfect cup of tea for an indefinite quarantine period and these openings are rare enough that I’m willing to build from a step or two lower. 

went to the grocery store and talked to the shop assistant lady who I know from years and years ago. It was soooooo heartwarming to have a live conversation with a person who isn’t my immediate family. And I also saw the elderly man sit on a bench in front of his house, who had sat on a bench in front of his house twenty years ago too. The feels. 

I sanitized the groceries and tidied my room and vacuumed and mopped all three floors. I did some laundry, I baked banana muffins and I’ve already picked an oatmeal raisin cookie recipe for the day after tomorrow. 

I absolutely deserve to watch Netflix tonight. 

Good luck with the job!

I finally left the house.  I walked around the blocks, just about a mile.  First time in over a month.  Every spring if I get a cold and/or major sinus thing, I end up with a long lingering cough.  I stop feeling sick, but still cough for 6 weeks or more afterwards (I think because of lung damage/scarring from a really bad bronchitis a few years ago).  I don't have the C-19, never had a fever, but I fear people will react badly if I cough in public. My husband thought I was being silly. Last week, a person on a bus coughed and the other people on the bus beat him. seriously!  I'm not in Baltimore where it happened (an hour away), but the people out here are even more likely to take matters into their own hands.

I wasn't completely against Alex's gf coming over, but the husband was a very hard "no"  We fought about it, finally got him to agree since it is her birthday, then Alex says she wants him to go to her house. I was upset because I argued hard for him so I responded with "So we get the ticket for non-essential driving instead of her parents. NO!"  Then he said her parents would come over and pick him up and bring him home :lol: I guess I was wrong in my hasty judgment.  He's going over tomorrow 

Thank you!

Wow, teenagers are a mood, right? Hope Alex and the girlfriend get to spend some time together that helps them through the rest of the quarantine. 

@Jen'ari we haven't heard of you in a while, is everything okay? how are mrs, mini1 and mini2 siths doing? 

Also, I switched my Jennifer Lawrence, she was too dark. 

Apparently teenagers are most hit by the quarantaine? My 17-year-old cousin also keeps visiting his girlfriend/she comes over to him.

Meanwhile, out house is more and more tense. Bad news have been piling up through our family for a few weeks and we are very sick of each other by now.

I wish I also had a boyfriend to spend time with. :( Yesterday evening I was so close to reaching out to my ex, although I know this is a wrong idea. I talked myself into not doing it. But I just want to go among people and keep myself occupied with communicating with others in person.

Teenagers seem to take is awfully badly that they can’t go out and have fun, indeed. 

Tension is very understandable, imo. Is there a way for you all to get some separation? A loooooong walk or grocery store visit? Or just hanging out alone in a public park? very sorry about all the bad news :( 

meanwhile, I’ve succumbed to the internet and made the coffee foam latte. Coffee Dalgona. The TikTok coffee. Whatever the cool kids call it. it is fun and aesthetically pleasing though I must say it’s awfully overrated as once you mix it up it’s just a plain regular latte. 

I can easily separate myself just by going into my room, that is not the problem. I just want to actually communicate face to face with my friends.

I don't think we actually have a park in our commune, for that matter. :P We are not supposed to leave. But we have enough nature to walk through.

I am spending a lot of time reading pointless stuff on the Internet and some books.

Also new Moersian avatar to make me motivated for work.

38 minutes ago, Crown said:

My 7 year exile has finally come to an unexpected end, my god, how everything has changed...

As in, everything has changed in your life, or around the world, or on this forum?

Welcome back, kiddo.

18 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

As in, everything has changed in your life, or around the world, or on this forum?

Welcome back, kiddo.

All of it. ^_^

30 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

So what is going on with you now?

I'm currently wrapping up my research master in philosophy and I'm in the beginning stages of my educational master. I'd just started my internship at a high school when corona hit and shut everything down. Also learning a little bit of Mandarin on the side. 

What's up with you?

On 4/21/2020 at 10:30 AM, RhaenysBee said:

Thank you!

Wow, teenagers are a mood, right? Hope Alex and the girlfriend get to spend some time together that helps them through the rest of the quarantine. 

@Jen'ari we haven't heard of you in a while, is everything okay? how are mrs, mini1 and mini2 siths doing? 

Also, I switched my Jennifer Lawrence, she was too dark. 

Hello, sorry I’ve been a bit busy and not getting enough sleep!, we are all ok here, mini Sith 2 is waking up in the night but it’s pretty normal, just not good for your sleep cycle!.

The weather has been really good here today so we had some nice time in the garden.

4 minutes ago, Jen'ari said:

Hello, sorry I’ve been a bit busy and not getting enough sleep!, we are all ok here, mini Sith 2 is waking up in the night but it’s pretty normal, just not good for your sleep cycle!.

The weather has been really good here today so we had some nice time in the garden.

Oh don’t apologize, I’m just really glad to hear you are all okay. 

Fingers crossed that by the end of lockdown, mini sith 2 will have an adult friendly sleep schedule. 

3 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh don’t apologize, I’m just really glad to hear you are all okay. 

Fingers crossed that by the end of lockdown, mini sith 2 will have an adult friendly sleep schedule. 

It depends how long the lockdown is here, I think that could be wishful thinking though, she does tend to settle back down quite quickly which is good.

Mini Sith 1 sleeps through the night fine but she still is awake and wanting to start a new day by 6-6:30, hopefully when they are both a bit older they will know their mamas need their sleep!.

Archived