TTTNE 476 - the ghost of series past

RhaenysBee

7 hours ago, Crown said:

I'm currently wrapping up my research master in philosophy and I'm in the beginning stages of my educational master. I'd just started my internship at a high school when corona hit and shut everything down. Also learning a little bit of Mandarin on the side. 

What's up with you?

You are going to teach high schoolers? Which subjects? :o 

5 minutes ago, Jen'ari said:

It depends how long the lockdown is here, I think that could be wishful thinking though, she does tend to settle back down quite quickly which is good.

Mini Sith 1 sleeps through the night fine but she still is awake and wanting to start a new day by 6-6:30, hopefully when they are both a bit older they will know their mamas need their sleep!.

Children's sleep schedules are odd compared to adtults'! :o 

10 hours ago, Crown said:

Philosophy. ;)

Fascinating. This is going to be fun.

2 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Had a job interview today. Even the description of this job bores me. I really should start my own creative business. Sigh.  

What kind of business was it? Was the interview over skype/zoom/whatever other videochat option?

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Fascinating. This is going to be fun.

What kind of business was it? Was the interview over skype/zoom/whatever other videochat option?

It’s a project manager position at a very good company, but the role isn’t quite my cup of tea and I may also not be senior enough to fill it. 
just regular phone interview. They said only the third round would be over video. 

14 hours ago, Jen'ari said:

It depends how long the lockdown is here, I think that could be wishful thinking though, she does tend to settle back down quite quickly which is good.

Mini Sith 1 sleeps through the night fine but she still is awake and wanting to start a new day by 6-6:30, hopefully when they are both a bit older they will know their mamas need their sleep!.

Ah mini sith 2 will hopefully follow in her sister’s footsteps and sleep through the night soon. Yeah, 6:00 is not a favorable wake up time. I don’t know how us adults will be back on it once the quarantine is over. I kinda like sleeping in till 8 :uhoh: 

8 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

It’s a project manager position at a very good company, but the role isn’t quite my cup of tea and I may also not be senior enough to fill it. 
just regular phone interview. They said only the third round would be over video. 

I wish you good luck with it. :) 

8 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Ah mini sith 2 will hopefully follow in her sister’s footsteps and sleep through the night soon. Yeah, 6:00 is not a favorable wake up time. I don’t know how us adults will be back on it once the quarantine is over. I kinda like sleeping in till 8 :uhoh: 

Eight? Damn, I have not got out of bed before 10 in the last month. :blushing::leaving: Some mornings I just don't see the point in getting up at all, so I just sleep in very late and then keep laying there.

23 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I wish you good luck with it. :) 

Eight? Damn, I have not got out of bed before 10 in the last month. :blushing::leaving: Some mornings I just don't see the point in getting up at all, so I just sleep in very late and then keep laying there.

I always feel too guilty to sleep in on weekdays, unless there’s a holiday. But I don’t get up before 10 at weekends either. Unless I have somewhere to go. 

ugh, today I didn’t do anything. At all. It’s annoying because I was going to paint the doors of the shed and the... part of the house where the boiler and the heater and stuff like that are. But we had such crazy wind (80km/h allegedly) that I couldn’t stay outside without getting dust into my eyes and the paint job would have been wrecked anyways... I made that Korean Tiktok coffee for my mum too and did her nails because why not treat ourselves, and that’s it. For the rest of the day, I watched tv and functioned as an ear rub machine for Prince William, who was particularly demanding today. Not sure if it was the crazy weather affecting them too, they were all acting out today and didn’t stop scratching until they got second helpings after they fed. I would like to think that I slacked on house chores and renovation tasks for that reason as well. At least it gave me a headache. Maybe I should admit to the rest of the laziness. 

I’m so tired. I just cannot sleep well. Not at my mum’s house, not in my own bed. And temporarily those are all the places where I sleep. So 6 hours of bad quality sleep later I’m here using up the last of the ground coffee. Why? Because my mother’s shopping habits are rubbing off on me, and I buy only one of each item because in some distorted psychological understanding that “saves money”. It doesn’t. It wastes time, at the very least, and potentially gas if I drive to the shop. Anyway. 
I wish this virus ordeal was over already because I really need to get an allergy test. But. I shall be productive today. Nothing can and will stop me. :commie: 

12 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I always feel too guilty to sleep in on weekdays, unless there’s a holiday. But I don’t get up before 10 at weekends either. Unless I have somewhere to go. 

Damn. You are making me feel guilty. :leaving:

sorry about your problems sleeping.

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Damn. You are making me feel guilty. :leaving:

sorry about your problems sleeping.

Oh I hope not, I have half the patience and perseverance with work and studies as you based on all the stories you share, so even if you wake up later, I’m sure you accomplish more or just as much. 

Well, well. We cut a piece of bamboo fence to attach to a terrace rail panel the dogs (or one young dog in particular) chewed. Hard to count how many ups and downs this project had, but I don’t have the outcome. Hopefully we can paint all metal accents next week and have an okay coffee terrace until we are allowed to have builders over and get the tiling redone. 

55 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh I hope not, I have half the patience and perseverance with work and studies as you based on all the stories you share, so even if you wake up later, I’m sure you accomplish more or just as much. 

Well, well. We cut a piece of bamboo fence to attach to a terrace rail panel the dogs (or one young dog in particular) chewed. Hard to count how many ups and downs this project had, but I don’t have the outcome. Hopefully we can paint all metal accents next week and have an okay coffee terrace until we are allowed to have builders over and get the tiling redone. 

I mean, about sleeping in. I also confess I haven't been working on studying as much as I could have in this whole free time the last few weeks. :/

My father and I went cycling today and then I made lunch with the valonqar.

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I mean, about sleeping in. I also confess I haven't been working on studying as much as I could have in this whole free time the last few weeks. :/

My father and I went cycling today and then I made lunch with the valonqar.

Oh, okay. If it doesn’t collide with one’s routine, I think it doesn’t really matter when one wakes up. Sister gets up around 12-13-14pm and prefers to study till 3-4am. It’s just up to personal preference. as for studying, this is such a messed up time, just do whatever makes you feel okay. 

that sounds really nice! What did you prepare? 

Meanwhile over here, I cleaned the wall around the back door (mud, dirty, cobwebs, and above all, paw prints) and swept the back terrace for the fifth time today. :rolleyes: My mum refuses to let me sand the rails because the dog would mess them up anyway, but it look so awful and for once I have all the time in the world. But I suppose I can always clean and paint the shed door and the heater/boiler room door. Which look equally awful. 
don’t get me wrong, I love this house and this town and the garden and the dogs, but there’s room for 25 years worth of improvements. 

@RhaenysBee, weren't you looking for your old avatars?

What flowers did you buy?

Oh and to answer your question from a few days ago, the valonqar and I did a spaghetti casserole type thingy with ground meat and a lot of cheese on that day. :P Finding an idea what to cook for lunch is a challenge every day now.

22 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

@RhaenysBee, weren't you looking for your old avatars?

What flowers did you buy?

Oh and to answer your question from a few days ago, the valonqar and I did a spaghetti casserole type thingy with ground meat and a lot of cheese on that day. :P Finding an idea what to cook for lunch is a challenge every day now.

Whooooooo! Wow, thank you! I’ll be sure to give this a try! 

azaleas and.. something that’s already been killed, chewed and spat out by the Chancellor (yes I finally found the suitable English nickname for the new dog). 

That sounds nice! A few things we’ve cooked over quarantine to maybe inspire you (although quite a few are kinda traditional cuisine because my mum is the main cook around here):
meatballs with tomato sauce 
Poppy seed dumplings
Salmon with steamed vegetables 
Bean goulash
Provence chicken casserole (chicken, potatoes, tomatoes, cheese)
Cauliflower casserole (cream, cheese, cauliflower)
Cottage cheese dumplings
Brown rice with chickpea curry 
Chicken paprika 
Trout with spiced apple sauce and bulgur 
Lamb thigh with roast vegetables
Sautéed mushrooms with green salad and rice
Egg dumplings 
Deer stew in red win with picked beets and bulgur 
Squash and egg patties with green salad

I can’t remember more. Feel free to share your quarantine meals, we are out of ideas too :lol: 

21 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

greetings spamlanders...just stopping by the sniff around...i smell someone new...or returned from the past ... :uhoh:

still healthy and i see y'all are as well...that makes me hoppy

so here is something to make y'all hoppy  :leer::leer::leer:

Glad to hear you are still your healthy and naughty self sniffer! 

15 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Whooooooo! Wow, thank you! I’ll be sure to give this a try! 

azaleas and.. something that’s already been killed, chewed and spat out by the Chancellor (yes I finally found the suitable English nickname for the new dog). 

That sounds nice! A few things we’ve cooked over quarantine to maybe inspire you (although quite a few are kinda traditional cuisine because my mum is the main cook around here):
meatballs with tomato sauce 
Poppy seed dumplings
Salmon with steamed vegetables 
Bean goulash
Provence chicken casserole (chicken, potatoes, tomatoes, cheese)
Cauliflower casserole (cream, cheese, cauliflower)
Cottage cheese dumplings
Brown rice with chickpea curry 
Chicken paprika 
Trout with spiced apple sauce and bulgur 
Lamb thigh with roast vegetables
Sautéed mushrooms with green salad and rice
Egg dumplings 
Deer stew in red win with picked beets and bulgur 
Squash and egg patties with green salad

I can’t remember more. Feel free to share your quarantine meals, we are out of ideas too :lol: 

Glad to hear you are still your healthy and naughty self sniffer! 

still healthy and howling...no germs can live in this old pickled body... :lmao:

...and now the important message...i need the recipes of the bolded meals above...and i think i am in love with your Mother...i mean trout with spiced apple sauce and bulgur sounds so good i have turned into pavlov's dog... :drool:

at our house Number One Niece (a.k.a She who must be Obeyed) has been very creative cooking while baking fresh bread every few days and of course biscuits and corn bread in between depending on meal

black beans and smoked ham hocks served on white rice

jambalaya with shrimp chicken and andouille sausage

roasted chicken with stewed tomatoes and okra...key is to fry extra okra to put on top

lobster bisque

catfish stew red potatoes and leeks...spicy and excellent on the second day...you make it then let it sit up overnight

i am in charge of cooking fish, so we have been eating fried, baked, poached and steamed fish...i recently discovered that crushed sea salt and vinegar chips...that would be "crisps" to many of you...make a wild tasty breading for fish and shrimp

i am also the asian cook since i spent so many years in asia...

stir fried fresh veg and thinly sliced beef...i use cuts of beef that would be too tough to eat grilled or cooked the regular way

fried tofu...firm tofu dipped in potato starch slurry and then wrapped in moistened seaweed and tied with blanched spring onions or leeks

...and now back to your regular programming

:smoking:

SwmbO has also broken out the desserts...she has just made some lemon shortbread with lemon glaze that i guess i will eat now until i die...the lemon taste is aided by the fresh juice we preserve when our lemons ripen in dec and jan... the butter flaky short bread has juice and peel in so the lemon flavor explodes in the mouth while butter is melting...

she wants me to say regular lemons will do fine with perhaps a small amount of lemon extract...but only if it is organic and made from real lemons and not funky fake lemon flavoring

:smoking:

I see we have some excellent cooks in this thread. :drool: We never eat fish in our house. Today the valonqar and I made gnocchi, bechamel sauce with cherry tomatoes, fried slices of eggplant and lettuce.

Archived