TTTNE 476 - the ghost of series past

RhaenysBee

11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I mean, I suppose you can see it that way. :dunno: I am not really in the right state of mind recently.

I absolutely understand why it’s difficult to be in the right state of mind these days, yet it’s important to do try to see it that way. No life is perfect and especially now, there’s so much fear, worry and uncertainty. The best any of us can do is look at it all from the positive side. :dunno: 

2 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I absolutely understand why it’s difficult to be in the right state of mind these days, yet it’s important to do try to see it that way. No life is perfect and especially now, there’s so much fear, worry and uncertainty. The best any of us can do is look at it all from the positive side. :dunno: 

Indeed. Great to have you reminding me of that. ;) I am slightly better now.

Exciting times. We FINALLY fixed sister’s built-ins, which means she might be able to move some time in September. And I made a lovely lovely... hmm... makowki maybe a word I would call it in English. It’s basically a poppy seed bread pudding (without eggs) and vanilla sauce. It is delicious. And terribly unhealthy. But very delicious. 

I also just signed up the Chancellor for dog school initiation for the first weekend of August. 

In the country for the weekend, by the way, because my mum’s getting the ground floor painted and I’m helping her move out the furniture and wrap up light fixtures and floors (don’t ask why we are paying a professional if we are doing the prep, it’s Eastern European mum logic - we will put time, work and effort into making the professional’s job as easy as we possibly can as if we owed them for the favor that they do this job we pay for). 

Took the train home for the first time since May. No fun. Taking the train at peak time in summer is no fun anyway. With the virus anxiety, it’s even less fun. Oh well. 

22 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Is this thread truly so dead? Anybody? Any sign of life? 

Sorry. I've just not had anything to add. Today I had a job interview for a not very favourable position in a very unfavourable location. I am teaching private lessons in the afternoon.

18 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Sorry. I've just not had anything to add. Today I had a job interview for a not very favourable position in a very unfavourable location. I am teaching private lessons in the afternoon.

Ah, then I’m not sure I should root for your getting the position. I’ll just say good luck and hope it turns out the way that’s most favorable for you. Oh private lessons sound nice! Are you teaching kids or adults? 

9 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Ah, then I’m not sure I should root for your getting the position. I’ll just say good luck and hope it turns out the way that’s most favorable for you. Oh private lessons sound nice! Are you teaching kids or adults? 

Thank you.

Adults, just one at a time, of course. Currently, I am teaching one person German and one person beginner's Slovene. It is quite challenging because I have to speak English to explain my own language and my brain isn't used to that.

15 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Thank you.

Adults, just one at a time, of course. Currently, I am teaching one person German and one person beginner's Slovene. It is quite challenging because I have to speak English to explain my own language and my brain isn't used to that.

Sounds nice! Yes I’m sure it’s really weird to explain your mother language in a foreign language. Who’s learning beginner’s Slovene? Did the student recently move there from abroad? 

I shall be attempting to make gnocchi in a bit. Since yesterday’s courgette fritters were an epic fail, I’m not very confident. But it stopped raining so there’s no more excuse for me to no go out and pick up the ingredients and get to it. Fingers crossed, prayers said, I really want this to work out. :eek: 

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Sounds nice! Yes I’m sure it’s really weird to explain your mother language in a foreign language. Who’s learning beginner’s Slovene? Did the student recently move there from abroad? 

I shall be attempting to make gnocchi in a bit. Since yesterday’s courgette fritters were an epic fail, I’m not very confident. But it stopped raining so there’s no more excuse for me to no go out and pick up the ingredients and get to it. Fingers crossed, prayers said, I really want this to work out. :eek: 

No, they have been living in Slovenia for a while now, but have only now decided to learn the language in a structured way. They know a lot of common words, but they have a lot of trouble with the basic grammar.

I hope your meal turns out good!

I took a trip with my friend to a nearby city today, we visited a castle and a museum and had good lunch with amazing dessert. I am tired now, but happy we changed scenery for a day. :) 

On 7/23/2020 at 5:56 PM, Buckwheat said:

No, they have been living in Slovenia for a while now, but have only now decided to learn the language in a structured way. They know a lot of common words, but they have a lot of trouble with the basic grammar.

I hope your meal turns out good!

I took a trip with my friend to a nearby city today, we visited a castle and a museum and had good lunch with amazing dessert. I am tired now, but happy we changed scenery for a day. :) 

Ah! Makes sense. How nice of them to want to properly learn the language! Hope the lessons will go well. 

my potatoes rotted and I never made it. I picked up new ingredients now, but yesterday I had to use up vegetables and sour cream so I had tuna salad for lunch and cheesy sour creamy pasta for dinner. I’m meeting a friend this afternoon for lunch and drinks so poor gnocchi’s got to wait till Sunday.

That sounds lovely, glad you had a great time. Any weekend plans? 

10 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Ah! Makes sense. How nice of them to want to properly learn the language! Hope the lessons will go well. 

my potatoes rotted and I never made it. I picked up new ingredients now, but yesterday I had to use up vegetables and sour cream so I had tuna salad for lunch and cheesy sour creamy pasta for dinner. I’m meeting a friend this afternoon for lunch and drinks so poor gnocchi’s got to wait till Sunday.

That sounds lovely, glad you had a great time. Any weekend plans? 

Actually, they have a lot of trouble with the basic grammar, so it goes quite slowly. :dunno: I have to put together a lot of additional exercise for the same topic.

Well, I hope that the next culinary attempt works out better.

I am spending the weekend at grandmother's house.

13 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Actually, they have a lot of trouble with the basic grammar, so it goes quite slowly. :dunno: I have to put together a lot of additional exercise for the same topic.

Well, I hope that the next culinary attempt works out better.

I am spending the weekend at grandmother's house.

I suppose basic grammar in Slovene is not all that easy, is it? Basic anything in my language is said to be ridiculously random and Slovene isn’t any less complex of a language. Well good luck to them and lots of patience to you! 

thanks! And yay, that sounds great. My grandma called me three times yesterday and I was a jerk and didn’t pick up. Should call back now. 

On 7/5/2020 at 2:59 PM, RhaenysBee said:

:agree: a discussed it with a former colleague who loved the last season as well and just overall found the series perfect. But I do agree with you that the final season wasn't as strong as the other too. 
what else have you been watching? 

Rewatching Dark :P And also Community. And four Harry Potter in two nights, that was fun.

Hello all! How are we doing? 

My news: the Chancellor started doggy school. He is great at pretending to be a goodboi. The instructor is a friendly no-nonsense lady who would make a marvelous pre-school teacher if she weren’t a dog crazy entrepreneur. Anyway, moving around the chancellor (who weighs only 8-10 kGs less than I do) gave me the kind of hand and finger blisters I used to have 10-13 years ago as a beginner at horse back riding. They make me nostalgic. I really miss riding and horses in general... well, next time we are going to put a collar instead of a body harness on the Chancellor, which is supposed to make it easier to handle him. 

We finally ordered all electronics for sister’s flat. The purchase was nicely timed as we got everything for about €1300ish with all the summer/post-covid sales. We did have to give up on a stunning cream colored retro fridge, which was just too big to fit into the torn stamp sized kitchen of that flat in any way, place or angle. We did save a lot on a cheaper wireless vacuum cleaner but the flat is so tiny and sister is so reluctant to clean regularly that I’m not worried about how it’s going to hold up. The only thing we are missing at this point is a coffee machine and an electronic stove (of which we are going to get the most basic model as I doubt sister will cook more than once every two months). 
more good news for our overlong reno is that a wood working company I never heard of randomly added me on Instagram so we have a lead on a live edge bar counter. The built in plans are a struggle however. We will get there, we will.

No sure what is happening or not happening in this thread. Came back from my seaside holiday on Sunday, this week I already had two job interviews, yesterday I had a semi-productive day translating, playing the synthesiser which I hadn't done in years prior to COVID-boredom at home, and cleaning my room.

Also, went to see St. Lawrence's tears/the Perseides yesterday night with my brother, we saw some nice falling stars. Anybody on the northern hemisphere noticed them too?

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

No sure what is happening or not happening in this thread. /snip/

Absolutely nothing. 

glad you enjoyed your holiday. I haven’t noticed a  falling star, then again, I don’t think I would if it fell right into my backyard, hehe. Must have been pretty! 

12 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Absolutely nothing. 

glad you enjoyed your holiday. I haven’t noticed a  falling star, then again, I don’t think I would if it fell right into my backyard, hehe. Must have been pretty! 

It was pretty, I saw two very bright ones. We went a bit outside the village to not be amidst the lights, but it was still close to the city, though. It would have been better to observe that somewhere more rural and open, to see even more stars.

Archived