US Politics. Trump Crossing the Dnieper. Alea Iacta Est.

A Horse Named Stranger

51 minutes ago, Mexal said:

And the email investigation intensifies in August after being dormant for awhile.

Wouldn't conviction of Clinton on this matter open up the potential for charges against Team Trump because of confidential conversations on unsecured cell phones?

One might think ... but, you know, rethugs.  One criteria for her and a whole other thang for Them.

I am recalling how the Jeffersonians were howling about John Adams and Hamiliton selling the new US out to Britain, while TJ was pulling those string behind the scenes, and trying to sell us out to France.  Which, one may say, depending on the angle, he did, except he got sold the Louisiana Territory -- which btw, was unconstitutional. 

But it was a constant howl that the federalist (party? we don't have steenkin' parties here in the USA except that we did, even then) was giving the country to Britain, for situations such as, you know, paying the debts owed and so on and like that.

1 hour ago, ThinkerX said:

Wouldn't conviction of Clinton on this matter open up the potential for charges against Team Trump because of confidential conversations on unsecured cell phones?

Sure, when there is a new AG and the DOJ aren’t Trumps personal lawyers.

In the tradition of bringing back Tina Fey to play Sarah Palin, Alec Baldwin in to play Trump, Melissa MCCarthy to play Sean Spicer, and Larry David back to play Bernie, now they've brought back Maya Rudolph to play Kamala Harris and once again they nailed it!

Kate McKinnon could still play ALL these parts if she wanted to of course but she deserves an Emmy for Giuliani alone, as Eleizabeth Warren she's great too!

I wonder if Woody Harrelson (who's hosting tonight) will be back a la Baldwin to keep playing Biden?

Anyway, you may ask with these great performers totally on target with their characters is SNL better again? 

Hell no.

Still worth it to watch just for them though.

8 hours ago, Triskele said:

It's remarkable to think about how Hillary Clinton is to Trump what Emmanuel Goldstein was to the ruling party in 1984....the eternal foil to whip up the rubes....but also to know that Trump himself and likely no one in Trump world makes this connection.  What an insight by Orwell.

Hillary Clinton as a time-traveling lizard person confirmed.

Although there is a clear party-line split in the answers, the poll also shows that at least some Republicans are troubled by the president’s actions. While 91 percent of democrats said Trump’s conversation with Ukraine’s leader was very or somewhat serious, 32 percent of Republicans felt the same way.

Poll: 63% Say Trump Calling on Ukraine to Investigate Biden is a Serious Problem

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/09/poll-majority-trump-ukraine-investigate-biden-serious-problem.html

“It’s the president’s job and sworn duty to safeguard taxpayer dollars and the United States government’s foreign policy,” Miller huffed. “Getting to the bottom of a corruption scandal in Ukraine is in the American national interest.”

“And if you want to understand why that complaint is so obviously politically biased, when he says that the president is threatening national security by trying to expose corruption—when he says, or she, that the president is hurting national security by trying to get to the bottom of a gigantic scandal that nobody has unearthed,” he added. “The president is the whistleblower here! The President of the United States is the whistleblower. And this individual is a saboteur trying to undermine a democratically elected government!”

Wallace would go on to note that the former Ukrainian prosecutor general has repeatedly said that there is no evidence of wrongdoing by Joe Biden or his son Hunter. 

White House Advisor Stephen Miller: ‘The President of the United States Is the Whistleblower’
Said during a terse back and forth with Fox News Sunday’s Chris Wallace. Miller added: “And this individual is a saboteur trying to undermine a democratically elected government!”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-advisor-stephen-miller-the-president-of-the-united-states-is-the-whistleblower?ref=home

1 hour ago, Martell Spy said:

Poll: 63% Say Trump Calling on Ukraine to Investigate Biden is a Serious Problem

From the link:

Even if almost two-thirds of Americans saw the president’s actions as serious, they also weren’t really surprised by the president’s move to try to get a foreign power involved in the presidential campaign. Only 3 percent of Americans said they were “very surprised” and 13 percent said there were “somewhat surprised” by the president’s actions. Meanwhile, 51 percent of respondents said they were “not surprised at all” and 32 percent said they were “not so surprised” by the revelations.

See - the American public isn't that stupid.

59 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Our Money at Work -- the Gr8 WallS!

This is based on the tried and true public policy model of "third time's a charm."

56 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Maybe we could just make a 2,000 mile long line of burning cash. Ain't nobody climbing over fire.

Just now, DMC said:

See - the American public isn't that stupid.

I hate to destroy your faith in humanity, or in your fellow countryman, however, I'd be curious about how many assume all the politicians do it all the time.

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

I hate to destroy your faith in humanity, or in your fellow countryman, however, I'd be curious about how many assume all the politicians do it all the time.

I was making a smartass comment on one of the poll's findings.  Trust me, you're not destroying my faith in anything.  But yeah, most Trump supporters will rationalize/dismiss it by saying "they all do it anyway."

3 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/09/poll-majority-trump-ukraine-investigate-biden-serious-problem.html

The problem with that particular polling question is that Republicans who said "yes" may be interpreting it as "It's a serious problem for his re-election prospects" or "it's a serious problem because of how the Democrats and the media have reacted to it" rather than seeing it as a serious problem in terms of really seeing something wrong with Trump having done it.

Archived