US Politics. Trump Crossing the Dnieper. Alea Iacta Est.

A Horse Named Stranger

7 minutes ago, sologdin said:

did BHO use the kenyan secret police to dig up extortion matter on romney to win in 2012 and thereby normalize the practice? did i just start a rumor by asking?

check yourself into a reeducation camp for creating a conservative talking point

8 minutes ago, sologdin said:

did BHO use the kenyan secret police to dig up extortion matter on romney to win in 2012 and thereby normalize the practice? did i just start a rumor by asking?

I doubt if enough people who have the capability of spreading rumors read the US Politics thread on this board for this to be a problem. :)

1 minute ago, Matrim Fox Cauthon said:

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1178763613131169792

WSJ breaks that Pompeo was in on the Call. 

I understand that Trump was alone on the call, no one was in the room with him, but a whole bunch of people listened to the call. Pompeo may have been one of the listeners. I wonder if Coats was a listener as well, and made some objections, meaning he had to go.

46 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

Already mentioned by others, but it seems Trump called the Australian PM to get dirt on Mueller. Might as well post the link, anyhow:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-pressed-australian-leader-to-help-barr-investigate-mueller-inquiry-s-origins/ar-AAI4KVh?ocid=ob-fb-enus-580&fbclid=IwAR0SvMV9AsBsW9rd6VNYbXT3X3B0CdGC1T6YnhRtQGSwOKdCPvrinujj_j4

Don't know if Trump attempted anything impeachable, though.

So this is why trump was so hateful with the Australian prime minister his first week in office.  It was a mystery to me. 

A tsunami of caca. 

1 hour ago, ThinkerX said:

Former republican congressman Flake weighs in with a warning and plea for current republican congressmen.  Wasn't Flake one of the relatively sane GOP congressmen?

No.  He was awful - he would frequently call out Trump and try to sound like the only adult in the room but then he'd just fall in line and vote for whatever the GOP wanted.  He made that big production of allowing another week of investigation into Kavanaugh because he was "upset that he'd never seen the country so divided" but it was a bs investigation and he voted to confirm.  And he considered pressing charges against the activists who caught up with him in the elevator and tried to change his mind.  

He made a lot of noise about being reasonable and questioning Trump but didn't do anything 

5 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

In the event that you get an argument from a Trumper that the regulations were changed just days before the whistleblower filed his claim, changing the requirement for first-hand knowledge, tell them that's a lie being pushed by the right-wing press.

The statute does not require first-hand knowledge. The previous form asked whether the whistleblower has first-hand knowledge. That question should never have been on the form because the statute does not require first-hand knowledge, and it was recently removed from the form. No regulation or statute was changed. Use common sense - how could that be removed under a Trump administration? One assumes that the Republicans would fully support second-hand knowledge to be used when a complaint would be against a Democrat.

https://www.mediamatters.org/federalist/false-report-federalist-about-whistleblower-complaints-fuels-trump-defenders-impeachment

Easy, the Deep State(TM) did it. I would blame the Illuminati, but I'm guessing they are on Trump's side, I might be wrong though, they are Catholic after all, and the Pope hates Trump. And Neo Nazi's probably think Catholics are just half a step away from being Jews. 

5 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

Indeed, Linda Tripp did not have first-hand knowledge when she kicked off l'affaire Lewinsky. The Republican Party has no standards and no shame.

Are you certain she wasn't standing in a dark corner watching?

2 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

The Republicans are already out in front on this one. Their response is, the US regularly asks other countries to help in investigations.

Remember how well that worked when the target was Brian Mulroney. 

Canaries in the coal mine tweeting the rats are leaving the ship -- remember that name, William Kristol, one of the Reagan and Bushwa administrations' evil counselors?

"Republicans Don’t Have to Nominate Trump in 2020
The party can do better."

By William Kristol

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/30/opinion/whistleblower-election.html?

....But with the revelations of the last week, and the launch of a formal impeachment inquiry, we are at a new moment. This is obviously the case for Republicans in Congress, who will have to vote on impeachment and perhaps on conviction. They have a unique part to play in this drama; the rest of us are merely observers or advisers. All we can really now ask of members of Congress is to keep an open mind and to evaluate the facts as they emerge.

But we already have learned enough to know that the government whistle-blower is correct to say “that the President of the United States is using the power of his office to solicit interference from a foreign country in the 2020 U.S. election.” We know this latest instance is part of a history of repeated injuries and usurpations. We may not yet know whether removal from the office to which President Trump was elected is warranted. But surely we know enough to judge that Mr. Trump does not deserve renomination for that office for an additional four years....

So. Where the eff has your voice been lo these many terrible years and day, hmmm?

11 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Canaries in the coal mine tweeting the rats are leaving the ship -- remember that name, William Kristol, one of the Reagan and Bushwa administrations' evil counselors?

"Republicans Don’t Have to Nominate Trump in 2020
The party can do better."

By William Kristol

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/30/opinion/whistleblower-election.html?

So. Where the eff has your voice been lo these many terrible years and day, hmmm?

Bill Kristol has been pretty vociferously anti-Trump since before the creature was elected. You can call Kristol a lot of things, but silent about Trump's awfulness is not one of them.

Of you say so.  I have studiously ignored that asshole as much of my life as possible. He's not been present within the publications I read for a long time, whereas he was always there in previous administrations.

3 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Bill Kristol has been pretty vociferously anti-Trump since before the creature was elected. You can call Kristol a lot of things, but silent about Trump's awfulness is not one of them.

Yeah you beat me too it - he's been an unwavering never-Trumper from the get-go.  Probably cost him his magazine too, not much of a market for wannabe intellectual neo-cons that also hate Trump.  He's still a piece of shit that is considerably responsible for the denigration of American politics over the past 30 years as well as massive suffering worldwide, but at least he's consistently been opposed to Trump.

9 minutes ago, DMC said:

Yeah you beat me too it - he's been an unwavering never-Trumper from the get-go.  Probably cost him his magazine too, not much of a market for wannabe intellectual neo-cons that also hate Trump.  He's still a piece of shit that is considerably responsible for the denigration of American politics over the past 30 years as well as massive suffering worldwide, but at least he's consistently been opposed to Trump.

That sounds a lot like descriptions of people who vehemently oppose all meaningful climate change action but still acknowledge climate change is caused by human activity. At least they aren't climate change deniers.

As to Aussie-Russia-gate. Haven't people plead guilty and gone to prison for the Russia thing already? How can you discredit an investigation that actually lead to some people going to prison, for shit they actually did? Surely, with successful convictions under its belt, investigating the Muellar investigation is a misuse of federal funds and DoJ resources.

Just now, The Anti-Targ said:

How can you discredit an investigation that actually lead to some people going to prison, for shit they actually did?

Welcome to American politics 2019!  We got hats and everything!

9 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

As to Aussie-Russia-gate. Haven't people plead guilty and gone to prison for the Russia thing already? How can you discredit an investigation that actually lead to some people going to prison, for shit they actually did? Surely, with successful convictions under its belt, investigating the Muellar investigation is a misuse of federal funds and DoJ resources.

Welcome to the land of alternative facts!

32 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Not a bad way to live your life. He deserves credit for knowing a disaster when he sees one, but that's about it.

I wonder if he sees any link at all between his efforts to make Sarah Palin the Republican VP nominee in 2008, and the rise of another corrupt know-nothing dingbat.

The interesting thing about the Australian angle is: 1- Aussie went to the USA, so Obama and co did not go to Aussie looking for dirt.; and 2. Aussie was (and still is) under a right-wing govt, and the PM at the time, Malcolm Turnbull is very unlikely to have been favourable to a Hillary Clinton presidency. He probably would have preferred any Republican over Trump, but he'd take Trump over Clinton any day. 

Though I guess Australia must also have a left wing deep state just like the USA does. Funny that the deep state seems to be highly successful at all sort of conspiracy level stuff, yet it keeps failing to prevent the election of people it allegedly doesn't like.

Has Trump tweeted about the deep state keeping him from seeing the aliens yet? So unfair, Obama got to meet them, but not him.

Archived