Sign in to follow this  
A Horse Named Stranger

US Politics. Trump Crossing the Dnieper. Alea Iacta Est.

Trump ranting / melting down demanded Schiff be investigated for fraud and treason.

https://www.axios.com/trump-whistleblower-adam-schiff-whistleblower-complaint-e38373b0-c9f7-49f0-8083-2473c216b328.html

Like every American, I deserve to meet my accuser, especially when this accuser, the so-called “Whistleblower,” represented a perfect conversation with a foreign leader in a totally inaccurate and fraudulent way. Then Schiff made up what I actually said by lying to Congress. His lies were made in perhaps the most blatant and sinister manner ever seen in the great Chamber. He wrote down and read terrible things, then said it was from the mouth of the President of the United States. I want Schiff questioned at the highest level for Fraud & Treason. In addition, I want to meet not only my accuser, who presented SECOND & THIRD HAND INFORMATION, but also the person who illegally gave this information, which was largely incorrect, to the “Whistleblower.” Was this person SPYING on the U.S. President? Big Consequences!

The problem with Rudy out there everywhere ranting these lies, it enforces the lying narrative all the time for those who may be inclined or desireous to believe it.  I hear those rethug traitors repeating this stuff all the time when given time on public radio or other non-fake noose venues.  The rail and howl, and no matter the interviewer says, "Sir that isn't true, etc." they just keep on keepin' on.

42 minutes ago, Zorral said:

The problem with Rudy out there everywhere ranting these lies, it enforces the lying narrative all the time for those who may be inclined or desireous to believe it. 

That's the thing though.  He's sent out there to reinforce the narrative, sure, but if you actually sit through and listen to an interview of his with even FNC spoon-feeding him the talking points - a fate I wouldn't wish upon anyone, granted - by the end of it you're just like....wtf?  At best.

1 minute ago, DMC said:

That's the thing though.  He's sent out there to reinforce the narrative, sure, but if you actually sit through and listen to an interview of his with even FNC spoon-feeding him the talking points - a fate I wouldn't wish upon anyone, granted - by the end of it you're just like....wtf?  At best.

No, YOU'RE all "wft? At best." To Fox and Friends it's a cogent and well-reasoned refutation of the slanderous claims.

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

Trump ranting / melting down demanded Schiff be investigated for fraud and treason.

https://www.axios.com/trump-whistleblower-adam-schiff-whistleblower-complaint-e38373b0-c9f7-49f0-8083-2473c216b328.html

The problem with Rudy out there everywhere ranting these lies, it enforces the lying narrative all the time for those who may be inclined or desireous to believe it.  I hear those rethug traitors repeating this stuff all the time when given time on public radio or other non-fake noose venues.  The rail and howl, and no matter the interviewer says, "Sir that isn't true, etc." they just keep on keepin' on.

That is indeed a true meltdown, even by Trump's standards. It's kind of good for us, but also enormously dangerous. He may be snapping, all the while he still has his grubby hands on all sorts of levers. He comes off as both afraid and despotic though. It has perhaps penetrated his brain finally that this is not just some game, where he can walk off in a huff if he loses. 

This kind of rhetoric is going to be quickly shown to be completely empty though. I mean, if Shiff is a traitor as he claims, he should be in prison, right? And he's the fucking President of the United States, with a compliant and supine Attorney General. Does he have evidence that Shiff is a traitor? And he's so incompetent he just leaves a traitor strutting around running Congressional investigations and impeachment proceedings?

Edited by Martell Spy

40 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

No, YOU'RE all "wft? At best." To Fox and Friends it's a cogent and well-reasoned refutation of the slanderous claims.

Sure, but it's still absolute batshit to everyone that wasn't definitely gonna vote for Trump anyway.  And that's the battle.

So one niggling thing about the whole Ukraine development is trump repeatedly describing his call with Zelensky as "perfect". Like I get that he has an odd way of mangling idiom, and otherwise tortures the english language in the the most cringeworthy ways. But, "perfect," in the context of a phone call? It just doesn't fit....unless....

All I can imagine is a team of legal linguists painstakingly coaching trump on how exactly to conduct his talk with Zelensky:

"No mr president, you can't say it like that"
"I'm sorry sir, that's illegal too"
"Uhhh, no. Just.....no"

Until finally he gets it! The wording that is just weaselly enough to buy what they all figured would be an acceptable amount of deniability for Barr and McConnell and Trump's base if not the entire GOP establishment to cover his ass if anybody ever found out.

"Yes Mr President, that's perfect. Say it just like that"

And he did! He said it perfect! Just like those annoying, pencil-necked, nerds told him to say it! Perfect! The phone call was "perfect"!

So, Trump just fairly directly (ie retweeted) threatened civil war in the event of an impeachment. They are who we thought they were. 

1 hour ago, Martell Spy said:

That is indeed a true meltdown, even by Trump's standards. It's kind of good for us, but also enormously dangerous. He may be snapping, all the while he still has his grubby hands on all sorts of levers. He comes off as both afraid and despotic though. It has perhaps penetrated his brain finally that this is not just some game, where he can walk off in a huff if he loses. 

This kind of rhetoric is going to be quickly shown to be completely empty though. I mean, if Shiff is a traitor as he claims, he should be in prison, right? And he's the fucking President of the United States, with a compliant and supine Attorney General. Does he have evidence that Shiff is a traitor? And he's so incompetent he just leaves a traitor strutting around running Congressional investigations and impeachment proceedings?

Gotta wonder if Trump is crazy enough to order Schiff arrested - and what the reaction of Team Trump and congress (both parties) would be should he do so.

3 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

Gotta wonder if Trump is crazy enough to order Schiff arrested

Order whom?  Like, seriously, who is POTUS going to order to arrest a MC?  I'm not saying your question is without foundation.  Just marveling at the fact your question leads to questions that are best left to "political junkie Trivial Pursuit on salvia."

32 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

So, Trump just fairly directly (ie retweeted) threatened civil war in the event of an impeachment. They are who we thought they were. 

listened to some Mark Levin today, and it was harrowing in a "no way these guys go quietly kind of way."

It's quite something to think about how much uncertainty we're starting at right now.  Trump could be out of office in the not too distant future or he could be Emperor for Life and anywhere in between.  

51 minutes ago, DMC said:

Order whom?  Like, seriously, who is POTUS going to order to arrest a MC?  I'm not saying your question is without foundation.  Just marveling at the fact your question leads to questions that are best left to "political junkie Trivial Pursuit on salvia."

ICE?

57 minutes ago, DMC said:

Given that Trump thinks of Barr as his personal attorney, he might go that route.  Order Barr to 'send some guys over and lock him up.'  (Barr might not go along with that)

Whole point is Trump likely is that crazy, especially after the latest round of purges.  

And since you (and maybe Kalbear) are the hardcore political junkies, well, the answers would be in your bailiwick 

Edited by ThinkerX

1 hour ago, DMC said:

He's already given the order, actually. Leaked footage. Be warned, it's disturbing.

2 hours ago, The Mance said:

So one niggling thing about the whole Ukraine development is trump repeatedly describing his call with Zelensky as "perfect". Like I get that he has an odd way of mangling idiom, and otherwise tortures the english language in the the most cringeworthy ways. But, "perfect," in the context of a phone call? It just doesn't fit....unless....

All I can imagine is a team of legal linguists painstakingly coaching trump on how exactly to conduct his talk with Zelensky:

"No mr president, you can't say it like that"
"I'm sorry sir, that's illegal too"
"Uhhh, no. Just.....no"

Until finally he gets it! The wording that is just weaselly enough to buy what they all figured would be an acceptable amount of deniability for Barr and McConnell and Trump's base if not the entire GOP establishment to cover his ass if anybody ever found out.

"Yes Mr President, that's perfect. Say it just like that"

And he did! He said it perfect! Just like those annoying, pencil-necked, nerds told him to say it! Perfect! The phone call was "perfect"!

If it was anyone but Trump, I'd say you might be on to something. But Trump can barely read a teleprompter, much less memorize a script given to him by his pinhead lawyers. That's just not Trump's MO.

59 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

ICE?

Just watched the South Park season premiere last night.  This reminds me of that.

55 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

Given that Trump thinks of Barr as his personal attorney, he might go that route.  Order Barr to 'send some guys over and lock him up.'  (Barr might not go along with that)

Whole point is Trump likely is that crazy, especially after the latest round of purges.  

And since you (and maybe Kalbear) are the hardcore political junkies, well, the answers would be in your bailiwick 

I'll thank you not to refer to my balliwick, sir.  Even if Trump ordered Barr, the DoJ is a pretty damn big department - one of the first four!  Does that mean FBI?  Marshals?  Regardless, they'd all just laugh at him, which is kinda my point.

1 hour ago, DMC said:

Just watched the South Park season premiere last night.  This reminds me of that.

I'll thank you not to refer to my balliwick, sir.  Even if Trump ordered Barr, the DoJ is a pretty damn big department - one of the first four!  Does that mean FBI?  Marshals?  Regardless, they'd all just laugh at him, which is kinda my point.

But imagine Trumps order going public - along with the heads of those agencies laughing at him

It was a really dumb move by Schiff to open the hearing with a parody rendition of Trump’s call. With so much evidence against them all they have to lean on is Schiff “lied”. Save your SNL spec skits for the appropriate time.

Order whom?

traditionally this work has been done by a parallel party organization, rather than by the state.  has he armed & addled under a unified gauleiter command all survivalists, minutemen, rural militias, birchers, teabaggers, white separatists, klan, neo-NSDAP, NRA fundamentalists, surly NASCAR fans, and the rest of the lumpenized antisocial nihilists?