Athletics World Championships - 2019

BigFatCoward

Its 40 degrees (the marathon is starting at midnight), nobody is in the stadium, the most important race will either be won by a drug cheat scumbag (Gatlin) or someone who is very close to the edge when it comes to avoiding the tests in the first place (Coleman).  There is no Mo, no Usain and no hope of any British man winning a medal.  The Russians are cheats and are banned, the Kenyans are cheats and are fine to compete.

However, there is a 21 year old long jumping superstar, a female heptathlete who may be the greatest ever in a few years, and Dina Asher Smith might be the first female British superstar in athletics after this (Heptathlon isn't big enough for JEH, and Paula Radcliffe shat herself so she lost all her icon points).

On 9/27/2019 at 5:18 PM, BigFatCoward said:

and Dina Asher Smith might be the first female British superstar in athletics after this (Heptathlon isn't big enough for JEH,

JEH was definitely a superstar after 2012.

Also odd that you're annoyed about people skating failing drugs tests but Mo being there would be a positive.

4 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

JEH was definitely a superstar after 2012.

Also odd that you're annoyed about people skating failing drugs tests but Mo being there would be a positive.

I dont get the impression she was a worldwide star.

Mo didn't miss 3 drug tests, or fail one. 

On 9/28/2019 at 8:23 PM, apovsic said:

Amazing lightshow before 100m. It's just a shame that the stadium was nearly half empty. 

Yeah, those projections are brilliant. 

Disappointing 400m hurdles. I thought the WR was going to go after the diamond league final. 

On 10/1/2019 at 10:40 AM, DireWolfSpirit said:

To grasp how fast Shelly-Ann-Fraser Pryce was going in that 10.71 100m, it breaks down to covering 40yds every 3.94 seconds!

She's within striking distance of catching the immortal FloJo.

0.2 seconds is a huge gap in the 100. She isnt getting close to the WR at her age. 

Amazing day in Doha. In shot put 8 more than 21m, 4 more than 22 and half(22.51 isn't enoug for a medal, 22.90 is only 3rd (5th best result of all time!!)). 1500 W 9 below 4.00, 4 below 3.55. Rojas 15.37 in triple jump. Crazy.

23 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Out of curiosity, after watching the 5000m women run, am I the only one who wants to treat them to a restaurant. Don't get me wrong, no ulterior motives there. I just want to make they actually eat.

Had to read this twice because at first I couldn't understand why you wanted the race to have a "restart", and what that had to do with eating?

I gather these ladies were quite thin.

Archived