Favorite Jaime Quotes

Legitimate_Bastard

"Those are Gregor's men at Harrenhal," Jaime reminded her. "The Mountain liked them cruel and stupid. Most like they ate your ravens, messages and all."

The smell reminded Jaime Lannister of the pass below the Golden Tooth where he had won a glorious victory in the first days of the war. On the morning after the battle, the crows had feasted on victors and vanquished alike, as once they had feasted on Rhaegar Targaryen after the Trident. How much can a crown be worth, when a crow can dine upon a king?

"I gave the Blackfish warning. I told him Edmure would die unless the castle yielded. I had this gallows built, to show them that Ser Ryman Frey does not make idle threats. At Seagard my son Walder did the same with Patrek Mallister and Lord Jason bent the knee, but . . . the Blackfish is a cold man. He refused us, so . . . "
". . . your hanged Lord Edmure?"
The man reddened. "My lord grandfather . . . if we hang the man we have no hostage, ser. Have you considered that?"
"Only a fool makes threats he's not prepared to carry out. If I were to threaten to hit you unless you shut your mouth, and you presumed to speak, what do you think I'd do?"
"Ser, you do not unders --"
Jaime hit him. It was a backhand blow delivered with his golden hand, but the force of it sent Ser Ryman stumbling backward into the arms of his whore. "You have a fat head, Ser Ryman, and a thick neck as well. Ser Ilyn, how many strokes would it take to cut through that neck?"
Ser Ilyn laid a single finger against his nose.
Jaime laughed. "An empty boast. I say three."

17 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

"There were days when my hand smelled so bad I wished I was noseless." Jaime lowered the torch, so the light bathed his brother's face. "An impressive scar."

Tyrion turned away from the glare. "They made me fight a battle without my big brother to protect me."

I always thought the quote summed up nicely the relationship between Jaime and Tyrion, until Tywin stuck his nasty nose in it.

7 hours ago, Alexis-something-Rose said:

Tyrion turned away from the glare. "They made me fight a battle without my big brother to protect me."

Its such a good conversation, probably my favorite in the series. "Heard ya burned down the city." "Filthy lie, just the river. You hear to kill me?" Even when it gets dark it remains gold, "tell me."

I always thought the quote summed up nicely the relationship between Jaime and Tyrion, until Tywin stuck his nasty nose in it.

Hmm. Interesting. So on the one hand, theres the classical brother relationship. Older brother is seen as a hero, especially since hes the golden knight and the little brother has to be looked after, especially since hes quite little.

This happens when Tyrion tells Lysa to send a raven to Jaime for a trial by combat while around the same time Jaime puts his sword at Neds throat demanding his brother back.

But the juicy stuff is Tysha, right?

"Aerys was mad, the whole realm knew it, but if you would have me believe you slew him to avenge Brandon Stark . . ."

"I made no such claim. The Starks were nothing to me. I will say, I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act.

From Tyrions perspective, maybe not as golden of a knight as he thought as a kid, after all hes a sister fucker, but even though he attacked the acting outlaws it was out of love if not heroism. 

So, firstly, why is the Imp being cute? But really whos "They" and who "made" him? Ridiculous, Tyrion took the initiative to save the city along with his life (Tywin was like, why would you fight? Lol) And lastly, the last time Jaime protected Tyrion it was while Oberyn watched Cersei twist his dick in the cradle. Jaime didnt show love with Tysha, he was just a knight chasing outlaws, nor did he save him from Arryn as Tyrion freed himself. 

Id venture to say that the quote is describing their relationship post Tywin. Either way, great quote.

Aaand then to not derail the thread completely...

"Ten thousand dragons is a formidable sum. Of course, there is Lord Karstark's offer to consider as well. He promises the hand of his daughter to the man who brings him your head."

"Leave it to your goat to get it backward," said Jaime.

Bolton gave a soft chuckle 

So many memorable moments, 

from GOT

Lannister raised his head.

"Lady Stark," he said from his knees. Blood ran down one cheek from a gash across his scalp, but the pale light of dawn had put the glint of gold back in his hair. "I would offer you my sword, but I seem to have mislaid it."

"It is not your sword I want, ser," she told him. "Give me my father and my brother Edmure. Give me my daughters. Give me my lord husband."

"I have mislaid them as well, I fear.

From SOS

"Let's see who's home, shall we?" Without waiting for an answer, Jaime went clinking down the dock, put a shoulder to the door, shoved it open . . .

. . . and found himself eye to eye with a loaded crossbow. Standing behind it was a chunky boy of fifteen.

"Lion, fish, or wolf?" the lad demanded.

"We were hoping for capon." Jaime heard his companions entering behind him. "The crossbow is a coward's weapon."

I suppose that in the beginning it is interesting to see Jaime laughing at perilous situations but as the story progresses his sense of humour becomes more cynical and it is all about self deprecation. Both Lannister boys do use humour as a defence mechanism though, Cersei can be ironic as well as long as she isn't the focus of the joke. And let us not forget that those are Tywin's children. 

AFfC, Jaime IV

“One of the Mountain’s men had tried to rape the girl at Harrenhal, and had seemed honestly perplexed when Jaime commanded Ilyn Payne to take his head off. “I had her before, a hunnerd times,” he kept saying as they forced him to his knees. “A hunnerd times, m’lord. We all had her.” When Ser Ilyn presented Pia with his head, she had smiled through her ruined teeth.”

So many good ones.

My place is with my king. With my son. Would Tommen want to know that? The truth could cost the boy his throne. Would you sooner have a father or a chair, lad? Jaime wished he knew the answer.

Also, and I know it's not a quote, but this has always stuck with me, for whatever reason:

The Red Fork filled his boots and soaked through the ragged breeches. Laughing, he dropped to his knees, plunged his head under the water, and came up drenched and dripping. 

I don't know why I like this so much, truly. His relief at being free is just so palpable.

Archived