NFL 2019: After A Quarter, Are They Who We Thought They Were?

Mr. Chatywin et al.

Niners game is mildly erotic so far, but the setup is there for a rams 21-20 comeback.  Falcons are alive , all tied up as of press time!   Skins win.   The Bucs shined (shone?) for one game and are done for the year it would seem.   Jets over Cowboys would be funny for some, but there are lots of gun owners in Texas so it's best to keep quiet about it, and I hope they don't become a danger to themselves today.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

But have recovered nicely!!!!

Yeah, what a different game after that. This defense had stones. So does our offenders, but wr hands aren’t the best location. I kid, I kid. Well, how the hell did Goodwin drop that flea flicker? But anyways, with the injuries the D had to carry it, and they seem fine with that. The announcers commented on how weirdly done the Rams seemed mid-way through the 4th when it was still on paper a close game...don’t remember that before, they were acting like it was 34-6 or something. 

Vikings finally played with the brake off and made it look easy.  Yes, the Eagles secondary has some problems.  But if you have Diggs and Thielen, throw them the ******* ball.

Dallas conceding 24 points to that Jets offense was the worst thing about that game until all of the BS penalty calls in the final drive.  Perhaps the Cowboys should be grateful if the referees get the attention this time. 

Seahawks pulled out another chaotic win after spotting the Browns a big lead.  It’s entertaining stuff but somehow they’re 5-1 despite being on the edge of disaster in almost every game.  Good news: Wilson is throwing great, Lockett has replaced the irreplaceable Baldwin, and this thrown-together rebuilt defense is doing a decent job and could improve as they get more games together. 

Bad news for Bears: not only is the starting QB one of the weakest in the league, we now see that most teams have back-ups more capable than our starter.  

17 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Yeah, that whole trading Diggs thing….we can forget about that. The Vikings might be the most complete team when Cousins is just average.

Is it just me or did he look WAY more prepared the last 2 weeks?  Seemed to know where to go before the snap and get the ball out quickly.

1 hour ago, aceluby said:

Is it just me or did he look WAY more prepared the last 2 weeks?  Seemed to know where to go before the snap and get the ball out quickly.

Hard to say without seeing the all-22 tape. Honestly I think he and Thielen have been frustrated all year because they’ve felt like they’ve been open deep and Kirk has just been a check down Charlie.

14 hours ago, briantw said:

About that...

13 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Jared Goff couldn't even orchestrate a 2.1 point fantasy performance. Let alone a comeback.

No complaints.    A fine result.   The rams are learning to accept it.   Yes.      They did all the things that should have gotten them that narrow win like usual, but the points didn't get up on the scoreboard.    Outplayed.    Ah, the springtime of the friscans.

22 hours ago, dbunting said:

Ever since Tyron Smith went down Dallas has looked totally different. Now, the starting LT, RT, and two of their top 3 WR's are out. 3-0 contenders to 3-3 pretenders is coming. 

Even those three wins are nothing special.  Dallas went 3-1 against the Jets, Giants, Dolphins and Redskins, who have a combined record of 4-18. 

If the problem is injuries/chemistry and when they get things together they are actually a top 10 team, then the schedule getting harder might not matter much.  But sitting at 3-3 with the hardest part of the schedule still to come isn't good. 

It is looking pretty unlikely at the moment that the NFC East earns a wild card bid.  Which means this week's Philly game is huge. 

17 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Jared Goff couldn't even orchestrate a 2.1 point fantasy performance. Let alone a comeback.

Goff is a great arm talent, but has tumbleweeds blowing through his head. I knew he'd be shaky when he admitted he didn't where the sun rose and set. He's literally lived on the Pacific coast his entire life.....

I can't recall the stat at the moment, but check out his splits over the last 24 games. He's amazing in the first 12 and terrible in the latter half. The Rams will regret both of their huge contracts (not Donald's) in the end.

The Bears set out the formula to take away the run and make him actually read the defense by having a 6 man front that presents no obvious pre-snap voids where Sean can tell him to throw into. 

Belichick then improved upon this formula by dropping his fastest player into the box to neutralize the crossing routes that are the most advanced route Goff is able to execute on his own.

Now all defenses are doing their own version of this when they play the Rams.

Archived