NFL 2019: After A Quarter, Are They Who We Thought They Were?

Mr. Chatywin et al.

17 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I'm with the monkey. I think ditching a genuinely healthy Cam (if he ever will be again) in favor of Kyle 'Fumblebum' Allen would be a terrible decision. But he's just as good as Jacoby Brissette, and they can win with him.

I can see picking Allen over Newton.  I just can't see looking at Allen and thinking "We are good here".

ETA:  Healthy Cam Newton was a marvelous player, if inconsistent.  I don't believe we shall see that Cam ever again.

7 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I hate to play the results, but I told you so. If the Chiefs play him again this year, they’re complete idiots.

Everything I’m seeing today says they are thinking 3-4 weeks though. :dunno:

16 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Everything I’m seeing today says they are thinking 3-4 weeks though. :dunno:

“Pat, give me an ‘R’”

“Pat, give me a ‘G’”

“Pat, I’d like to solve the puzzle”

Trying to save one potentially lost season ain’t worth it if the cost could be ruining potentially the most talented player you’ve ever had in your organization. Full stop. They will likely be 6-5 when they get to the bye, and you can schedule that NE game as an L too, so everything else has to go perfect for them to win the division, albeit a weak one.

4 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

I can see picking Allen over Newton.  I just can't see looking at Allen and thinking "We are good here".

ETA:  Healthy Cam Newton was a marvelous player, if inconsistent.  I don't believe we shall see that Cam ever again.

Cam was excellent last year before he got injured. When he’s 100%, you put him back in to see what he’s got. If he struggles over a game or two, put Allen back in. They need to figure out if their franchise QB is no longer their franchise QB, especially when you consider he’s only got one year left on his deal and they could cut him with only a $2m hit next year.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

“Pat, give me an ‘R’”

“Pat, give me a ‘G’”

“Pat, I’d like to solve the puzzle”

Trying to save one potentially lost season ain’t worth it if the cost could be ruining potentially the most talented player you’ve ever had in your organization. Full stop. They will likely be 6-5 when they get to the bye, and you can schedule that NE game as an L too, so everything else has to go perfect for them to win the division, albeit a weak one.

Why don't you leave the thinking to me, son. You put him back in there! You put Mahomes in there and you do it now! Cause let me tell you something! And clean the soi boi beta kale outta your ears and listen good. 

Some of you little boys and girls keep talkin bout what "should" happen. Let me tell you. There is what the weak believe should happen. And there is what the strong know needs to happen. And what needs to happen. My sweet summer children... what needs to happen is for Patrick Mahomes to get the Chiefs back on track just in time for a December 1st game in frigid Missouri City. 

Jon Gruden and his murderous band of thugs. Mercenaries from the West. Homeless and despised. The Nowhhhhheeeerrree RAAAAIIIIIDDDDDAAAAAS 

In a cold, clear frost Patrick Mahomes will be broken. Jon Gruden assumes control of the AFC West.  His right by conquest, a destiny with fate against a mind and his machine all the way up North and then to the East... where surely there beats a heart under the frozen snows.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Cam was excellent last year before he got injured. When he’s 100%, you put him back in to see what he’s got. If he struggles over a game or two, put Allen back in. They need to figure out if their franchise QB is no longer their franchise QB, especially when you consider he’s only got one year left on his deal and they could cut him with only a $2m hit next year.

He wasn't right as a passer in 2016 or 2017 or 2018 or 2019.  His skills as a runner continue to deteriorate, as one would expect a QB rounding the bend of 30.

Well hell... I’m in Evanston, Illinois (outside Chicago) for the week and there’s a Chili’s across the street from the hotel.  Figured they’d have all the games... Nope only local channels.  And the host wasn’t sure what nearby place might have them.  No Skins v Niners for me. :( 

Ugly game, Rhom, you didn’t miss much. Everything was soaked, nobody could get anything going, lotsa crab-walking and I think Washington barely cracked double digits on pass attempts, the ball was so hard to throw/catch/hold. Good that we squeezed it out, almost too cliched trap game.

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

Well hell... I’m in Evanston, Illinois (outside Chicago) for the week and there’s a Chili’s across the street from the hotel.  Figured they’d have all the games... Nope only local channels.  And the host wasn’t sure what nearby place might have them.  No Skins v Niners for me. :( 

Dude! I used to go to that Chili's all the time while I was at Northwestern! I watched the Malice at the Palace there and the entire bar section was going loud and crazy. Bar Louie might be a better bet for you. (Also get some deep dish pizza while you're there).

1 hour ago, James Arryn said:

Ugly game, Rhom, you didn’t miss much. Everything was soaked, nobody could get anything going, lotsa crab-walking and I think Washington barely cracked double digits on pass attempts, the ball was so hard to throw/catch/hold. Good that we squeezed it out, almost too cliched trap game.

I actually really enjoyed the game, but maybe I'm weird.  It was fun watching them all splash around - and while the outcome was in question when it almost definitely wouldn't be with good weather, whatever they were already 5-0.  Bosa closing out the game with a sack then swan diving was awesome.

1 hour ago, WarGalley said:

Dude! I used to go to that Chili's all the time while I was at Northwestern! I watched the Malice at the Palace there and the entire bar section was going loud and crazy. Bar Louie might be a better bet for you. (Also get some deep dish pizza while you're there).

I am at Rotary International HQ for a meeting all week.  I was up here for the first time in August and I ate at Lou Malnattis twice.  Once for deep dish pizza and once for an Italian Beef sandwich. :lol:  Plan to try to make time to go at least once this week. On my first trip I also took time to stop by my fraternity’s HQ as well (Sigma Chi).  It’s a great town.

I did see the highlights of the game.  The Swan Dive was pretty awesome, but yeah I don’t feel like I missed much this week. :lol: 

2 hours ago, The Mother of The Others said:

The Bears.

But also we saw a preview of how the Saints season will end.   Somebody will recover 17 onside kicks in a row on them.

Nah, the Saints season is destined to end with a horribly obvious pass interference that isn't called, is subsequently challenged, and then the refs uphold the call on the field.  I don't see any other way it can happen.

Watching Nate Solder play tackle almost makes me wish we still had Eric Flowers. Schurmur needs to go back to being a coordinator. His record clearly shows he’s not HC material. Even with the NFC east being a dumpster fire it’s clear this team won’t even sniff 8-8. The Gettleman hate was paused for a bit with Jones playing well in his first 2 games but I think we need a new GM and for sure a new HC. 

1 hour ago, The Last Storm said:

Watching Nate Solder play tackle almost makes me wish we still had Eric Flowers. Schurmur needs to go back to being a coordinator. His record clearly shows he’s not HC material. Even with the NFC east being a dumpster fire it’s clear this team won’t even sniff 8-8. The Gettleman hate was paused for a bit with Jones playing well in his first 2 games but I think we need a new GM and for sure a new HC. 

The whole team is a shitshow. They won’t be good for many years, and Barkley’s best seasons will be wasted. I’ve accepted it.

Archived