Jump to content
Tywin et al.

NFL 2019: After A Quarter, Are They Who We Thought They Were?

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Giants O-line is worse than leprosy.

We didn’t give up 8 sacks today (we did against Pitt a few weeks ago) but Joe Mixon just rushed for 2 yards in a game. The Bengals OL told the NYG OL to hold their beer lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rhom said:

Well hell... I’m in Evanston, Illinois (outside Chicago) for the week and there’s a Chili’s across the street from the hotel.  Figured they’d have all the games... Nope only local channels.  And the host wasn’t sure what nearby place might have them.  No Skins v Niners for me. :( 

Dude! I used to go to that Chili's all the time while I was at Northwestern! I watched the Malice at the Palace there and the entire bar section was going loud and crazy. Bar Louie might be a better bet for you. (Also get some deep dish pizza while you're there).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, James Arryn said:

Ugly game, Rhom, you didn’t miss much. Everything was soaked, nobody could get anything going, lotsa crab-walking and I think Washington barely cracked double digits on pass attempts, the ball was so hard to throw/catch/hold. Good that we squeezed it out, almost too cliched trap game.

I actually really enjoyed the game, but maybe I'm weird.  It was fun watching them all splash around - and while the outcome was in question when it almost definitely wouldn't be with good weather, whatever they were already 5-0.  Bosa closing out the game with a sack then swan diving was awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WarGalley said:

Dude! I used to go to that Chili's all the time while I was at Northwestern! I watched the Malice at the Palace there and the entire bar section was going loud and crazy. Bar Louie might be a better bet for you. (Also get some deep dish pizza while you're there).

I am at Rotary International HQ for a meeting all week.  I was up here for the first time in August and I ate at Lou Malnattis twice.  Once for deep dish pizza and once for an Italian Beef sandwich. :lol:  Plan to try to make time to go at least once this week. On my first trip I also took time to stop by my fraternity’s HQ as well (Sigma Chi).  It’s a great town.

I did see the highlights of the game.  The Swan Dive was pretty awesome, but yeah I don’t feel like I missed much this week. :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Mother of The Others said:

The Bears.

But also we saw a preview of how the Saints season will end.   Somebody will recover 17 onside kicks in a row on them.

Nah, the Saints season is destined to end with a horribly obvious pass interference that isn't called, is subsequently challenged, and then the refs uphold the call on the field.  I don't see any other way it can happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching Nate Solder play tackle almost makes me wish we still had Eric Flowers. Schurmur needs to go back to being a coordinator. His record clearly shows he’s not HC material. Even with the NFC east being a dumpster fire it’s clear this team won’t even sniff 8-8. The Gettleman hate was paused for a bit with Jones playing well in his first 2 games but I think we need a new GM and for sure a new HC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Last Storm said:

Watching Nate Solder play tackle almost makes me wish we still had Eric Flowers. Schurmur needs to go back to being a coordinator. His record clearly shows he’s not HC material. Even with the NFC east being a dumpster fire it’s clear this team won’t even sniff 8-8. The Gettleman hate was paused for a bit with Jones playing well in his first 2 games but I think we need a new GM and for sure a new HC. 

The whole team is a shitshow. They won’t be good for many years, and Barkley’s best seasons will be wasted. I’ve accepted it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

The whole team is a shitshow. They won’t be good for many years, and Barkley’s best seasons will be wasted. I’ve accepted it.

Teams can turn around quick in the NFL, especially with Eli’s cap hit being gone next year. But I have no faith in the gm and coach to produce a winner. We need to open the checkbook and get a legit coach and a gm who doesn’t primarily bring in his ex players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The Last Storm said:

Teams can turn around quick in the NFL, especially with Eli’s cap hit being gone next year. But I have no faith in the gm and coach to produce a winner. We need to open the checkbook and get a legit coach and a gm who doesn’t primarily bring in his ex players.

Well that’s just the thing. We need the right GM and HC, and at the moment we have neither... and they’re both likely not going anywhere anytime soon. They’ll both be excused for this season as it’s a QB transition year.

Not hitting on any of their O-line picks and acquisitions for like the past 5 years has just killed this already weak team. The law of averages has to kick in sooner or later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Captain Kirk we trust! Dude has been on a tear since being called out by his WRs.

Also, I can't enough of the Teddy Bridgewater comeback story. I hope he stays with the Saints, even as a backup for a year or two and takes over once old man Brees calls it a career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2019 at 6:43 PM, Bronn Stone said:

He wasn't right as a passer in 2016 or 2017 or 2018 or 2019.  His skills as a runner continue to deteriorate, as one would expect a QB rounding the bend of 30.

His numbers from 2018 are solid until he got hurt. He has been in decline though since his MVP year. And as you alluded to, Cam's game was never going to age well. However, that does not mean you bench him if he comes back healthy. Allen was an undrafted rookie who was meh in college. You don't use him to replace Cam based on a small sample size. You have to kick the tires on Cam to see what he's got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoever decided to make this the Monday night game can fuck off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Sam Darnold looks like Tim Tebow vs the Patriots.

Tebow's passes tended to corkscrew into the ground rather than float gently into a Patriot db's hands.

ETA Oh man, to essentially end it on a muffed punt by a punt returner who washed out of Patriots camp...

Edited by DanteGabriel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, briantw said:

Whoever decided to make this the Monday night game can fuck off.

In their defense, with Darnold back, the Jets played well against the Cowboys last week and the Patriots have a whole lot of injured players. It wasn't guaranteed to be this absurdly one-sided.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×