Myshkin

MLB Postseason: Bat Fight!

Also in all the excitement of playoffs I forgot to say things about...Dansby. 

DANSBY. Did he attend the same prep school and county club as Hunter Pence?

3 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

Also in all the excitement of playoffs I forgot to say things about...Dansby. 

DANSBY. Did he attend the same prep school and county club as Hunter Pence?

I'm grateful that you brought this up as I had had a very similar discussion with someone.  And just for any reader who is not aware, the full name here is Dansby Swanson.  Perfect and perfect.  

When this mofo spoiled Wainwright's great game 3 off of Martinez in the 9th inning (as the 8th hitter in the lineup) I was most put out.  

Wow, Nats tied it up. Kershaw continues to let down the Doyers in the post-season.

Not sure who I'd rather the Cardinals face. We smashed both teams back in April, then the Dodgers swept us in August and we beat the Nats again in September. I agree with my ape-ish friend that the Dodgers would be more exciting, but they definitely have more potential to crush us mercilessly.

All in all, I hope tonight's game goes 24 innings.

I feel seriously terrible for Kershaw.  That whole rep that we all know about just got so much worse.  Maybe more painful than any bad start in the playoffs (of which he's had many).

Doyers pulling this out would sure be a nice salve though.  

So amazing with baseball when it goes to extras how uncertain it is about how much "time" remains.  

Edited by Triskele

holy shit

on second thought, let's not cut Kendrick for his terrible series

Edited by Triskele

I read that Kershaw has now allowed 24 homers in 84 post-season innings. One of the all-time best regular season pitchers who simply cannot keep it together under the brightest lights. I legitimately felt a pang of nausea when they cut to him in the dugout looking despondent. 

Why in the fucking hell didn't they bring out Jansen? Kelly was absolute nails in the 9th, then looked like a different pitcher the next inning. 

Do we have Nationals fans on the board? I was looking forward to banter with the Dodgers fellas. Fuck, I still hope you guys come back in the bottom, because I like that kind of shit.

I bet they make a change with Roberts however unfair.  His pitching changes are not necessarily bad on paper but they have gone bad so many times that it's start to ponder whether we live in a universe where curses are real or whether we live in a simulation and someone's playing a joke on him.  Wow, what a painful loss.  

37 minutes ago, Triskele said:

I feel seriously terrible for Kershaw.  That whole rep that we all know about just got so much worse.  Maybe more painful than any bad start in the playoffs (of which he's had many).

Me too. His reaction to the Soto bomb was tough to watch. 

Sorry, Doyer fans.

Maybe I should amend my statement above.  Pedro and Sheffield are both ripping to pieces the decision to leave Kershaw in to start the 8th.  And it sounded convincing to me.  It's like the logic on Roberts' part was nothing more than "I feel it." 

Wow, can't believe the Nats pulled it off.  I got nothing against the Cards, but I'll be rooting for them the rest of the way unless they play the Yanks.  Always felt bad about the Expos getting screwed out of their one chance during the 94 strike, plus I lived in DC when the Nats played in RFK - a fate which should not be wished upon anybody.

16 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

What? Did you not get that was in jest?

Sure, I didn't mean that in a disparaging way - this whole forum should be taken in jest in my book.  I was saying I enjoy talking shit and so do you, is all.

Wow, didn't see the Nats coming. 

I think the Astros advance though, I just wouldn't bet against Greinke.

Cole's pitching tonight, although I suppose Greinke will be available in relief.

Pretty fitting that the Nats win a series the first year after moving on from Harper. Assuming Houston pulls out game 5 tonight, whoever wins the NLCS will be a really big underdog.

I made light of Kershaw in the past, but that was just brutal last night. Feel bad for him and the Dodgers, especially because it was (inevitably) Joe Kelly who gave up the coup de grace. Sorry, Dodgers.

I really think the Cards are in a good position v. the Nats. Both teams have had some pixie dust helping their late pushes. Agreed that we might get thoroughly spanked if we get to the Series.

Though as I been sayin' since our weird August streak, thus bizarre-as-hell team has vibes of 06, when we lost 8 times in a row three separate times in the regular season, won 83 damn games, and rode hot hands and opposing teams inexplicably playing down to us. 

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 12:55 AM, DMC said:

It's weird how you interpret more resolved and confident as more defensive.  I love these Yankees, and am pumped.  Wouldn't expect anything less from you.

I love this group more than any my entire life. They amount of shit they've had to deal with to get this far is insane, this is going to make one awesome 30 for 30 or Sports Illustrated documentary if they take this to the logical conclusion.

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 5:41 AM, Ramsay B. said:

Go Rays!!

Part of me wants the Rays just so we have the home field but it would be some shit if they got hot in the same way they were to start the season now. And the Astros are still the Astros.