Myshkin

MLB Postseason: Bat Fight!

15 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Torres is clearly locked in so why move him? Bat Gardner 4th then and move Edwin down 1. 

Agreed, although I don't think it'd change much.  Didi put the blame all on himself for yesterday, and, well, 5 LOB...

1 hour ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

Cole looked mortal last night and they did nothing with the chances they had. Voit or slightly injured Stanton could be doing more with the opportunities than Encarnacion.  

Hm, this kinda falls into the "it can't get any worse" fallacy, especially with Voit - did you see how he was hitting last time he got the chance?  If Stanton ever gets back in the lineup though, I could see him replacing Encarnacion rather than anyone else.

ETA:  Oh, also saw the game today is officially postponed until tomorrow.  As if the Astros needed more advantages.  :bang:

Edited by DMC

57 minutes ago, DMC said:

Agreed, although I don't think it'd change much.  Didi put the blame all on himself for yesterday, and, well, 5 LOB...

Hm, this kinda falls into the "it can't get any worse" fallacy, especially with Voit - did you see how he was hitting last time he got the chance?  If Stanton ever gets back in the lineup though, I could see him replacing Encarnacion rather than anyone else.

ETA:  Oh, also saw the game today is officially postponed until tomorrow.  As if the Astros needed more advantages.  :bang:

I had tickets for game 5 so now I have to wait until Friday. I'm not looking forward to it.

I don't like bitching about officiating, but I'm gonna bitch about officiating.  Fuck this guy and his strike zone.  He's giving Greinke everything and Tanaka nothing.

2 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Ouch. Not a good showing by Tanaka.

Yanks bullpen has also been pretty dire. Ottavino again couldn’t get an out.

Edited by Paxter

Sucks that's how CC finishes his career.  Anyway, this series is over.  Go Nats!!!

God damnit Yanks. I said previous to this post-season that the Houston/NY ALCS would be one for the ages. My Redbirds just put up one of the all-time worst post-season series, so if you don't mind, would you please pull yours heads out of your pinstriped asses and win the next two (and hopefully three) games. I want some truly epic October baseball.

15 hours ago, DMC said:

I don't like bitching about officiating, but I'm gonna bitch about officiating.  Fuck this guy and his strike zone.  He's giving Greinke everything and Tanaka nothing.

As someone who got to watch Greinke pitch for his team for a number of years I can tell you that expanding the strike zone is part of his skill set. He routinely gets calls that opposing pitchers don’t get because he does the work to set up those calls.

On 10/16/2019 at 1:25 PM, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I had tickets for game 5 so now I have to wait until Friday. I'm not looking forward to it.

I am glad I was wrong about this. 

9 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I am glad I was wrong about this. 

I actually turned down tickets, and regretted it. The place seemed to be rocking all night.

That Gardner K was ridiculous. Come on ump.

6 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Michael Brantley has made the double play for the ages.

I’ve seen better. :P  

I think I can strike Edwin out right now.

Woulda been nice if the Yanks went seven, but they woulda been seriously screwed unless Sevy somehow went 7-8 innings.  Oh well, hopefully this can help Cashman convince Hal to spend some..Cash man.