US Politics - I'm not orange I'mpeach

Which Tyler

2 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Kamala is desperate to corrall some interest, so she's going for the moronic voters who like get their righteous indignation boners more than sensible political decison making.

Kamala's implosion has been interesting and surprising. If she had Pete's level of articulacy/insight, she would be the nominee by now. 

I still would enjoy seeing Kamala take bedbug apart in debate! Or Trumpy being convicted, either one.

I would also like to see AG Barr impeached. He’s doing some very dodgy things.

Ha, not very smart to go after Romney, he is a prince in Utah. Going after Rick Perry is weird. Ricky made me do it, are you kidding or insane?

I guess I do have a few things left on my wish list.

1 hour ago, Triskele said:

ETA:  Interesting argument here that the Dems should make a move to remove Pelosi from being 3rd in the line of succession (Bloomberg View, limited clicks).  

It's a stupid argument. If Pence's position became untenable, Pelosi would do what Carl Albert did in 1974, and let the Republican President select a new Republican Vice-President before leaving office. Pelosi's position in the line of succession only becomes relevant if Trump and Pence are both taken out more or less simultaneously by circumstances beyond anyone's control - which ain't happening (if it did, Pelosi would basically be a caretaker until January 2021, nothing more).

1 hour ago, Triskele said:

ETA:  Interesting argument here that the Dems should make a move to remove Pelosi from being 3rd in the line of succession (Bloomberg View, limited clicks).  

Removing Pelosi and the third-in-line official, Senate President Pro Tem Charles Grassley, from having any chance of becoming president would be a worthwhile gesture for Democrats to make, indicating that they accept the reality that a Republican will be president until January, 2021, no matter what happens.

O for pete's f&ckin' sake!  How self-serving of gop.  As if removing Pelosi would make any difference at all.  How stupid They think everybody are.

2 minutes ago, Zorral said:

O for pete's f&ckin' sake!  How self-serving of gop.  As if removing Pelosi would make any difference at all.  How stupid They think everybody are.

Not to mention that can anyone imagine the Republicans pushing Gingrich out of succession under Clinton or Ryan out of succession under Obama? Thought not.

White House gives blessing to Turkey invasion of Syria. 

https://abc11.com/turkey-set-to-invade-syria;-us-to-remove-forces-from-area/5598821/

Turkey is set to invade Syria, as the country had been threatening in recent months, with the U.S. saying it will remove all of its forces from the "immediate area," according to the White House.

The news came late Sunday after President Donald Trump spoke to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan by phone earlier in the day.

Distract from impeachment with a war.  So many are saying this is the most dangerous, irresponsible thing he's done yet.

Trump is at it again, this time throwing the Kurd's in Syria under the bus as Turkey invades - against the advice of military and diplomatic officials.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trump-endorses-turkish-military-operation-in-syria-shifting-u-s-policy/ar-AAIo6dU?ocid=ob-fb-enus-580&fbclid=IwAR09mE2hD6HRl97ArVwrYVlcJOfiCXAANW4u01bU5x-cMUwesKZGhePknp0

WASHINGTON — In a major shift in United States military policy in Syria, the White House said on Sunday that President Trump had given his endorsement for a Turkish military operation that would sweep away American-backed Kurdish forces near the border in Syria.

Turkey considers the Kurdish fighters to be a terrorist insurgency, and has long sought to end American support for the group. But the Kurdish group, known as the Syrian Democratic Forces, or S.D.F., has been the United States’ most reliable partner in fighting the Islamic State in a strategic corner of northern Syria.

Now, Mr. Trump’s decision goes against the recommendations of top officials in the Pentagon and the State Department who have sought to keep a small troop presence in northeast Syria to continue counterinsurgency operations against the Islamic State, or ISIS, and to act as a critical counterweight to Iran and Russia.

7 hours ago, ThinkerX said:

Trump is at it again, this time throwing the Kurd's in Syria under the bus as Turkey invades - against the advice of military and diplomatic officials.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trump-endorses-turkish-military-operation-in-syria-shifting-u-s-policy/ar-AAIo6dU?ocid=ob-fb-enus-580&fbclid=IwAR09mE2hD6HRl97ArVwrYVlcJOfiCXAANW4u01bU5x-cMUwesKZGhePknp0

Gosh, I wonder why he would do this?

14 hours ago, Triskele said:

Called this weeks ago in what i’d call 1/2 satire, 1/2 despair.

13 hours ago, Triskele said:

i thought about that while reading the article a la "That Dems might even consider this just shows how different the parties are." 

Isn’t that exactly why you guys constantly attack the Democrats and call them gutless, with a remarkable ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?

10 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Isn’t that exactly why you guys constantly attack the Democrats and call them gutless, with a remarkable ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?

The idea of having the third in line not be a member of congress seems like a solid idea, but I think this is a really shitty time to address that.  

Archived