polishgenius

Football: dropping clangers and scoring bangers

So who is off to the proverbial chopping block first.

Poch, Steve the Bruce or OGS?

I am really curious how much influence Poch had over the Spurs lockerroom falling apart. On the one hand it's part of his job to keep his players more or less happy. On the other hand, if Vertonghen really hit on Eriksen's misses, I doubt he was encouraging it, or played some sort of Cyrano for him. But then again, he arguably should have done his best to see both players (focus on Vertonghen) off to different clubs during the summer.

On the same notion, Bruce and Solskjaer simply do not have such great teams at their disposal, but with Solskjaer there's again the question how much you blame the outlook of the current squad on him.

Shocking performance from Spurs ( though not surprising given away record)

lack of energy, Brighton pressing all over then and creating a wall around their own box. Spurs look out of idea and when your wide players include Sissoko then that’s hardly surprising.

Dont think going to a back 3 has helped much either 

Klopp going with a safe midfield that's probably going to be dominated by Leicester. Lovren in for Gomez too, eek!

Jesus, Lovren against Vardy? Hope I'm proven wrong on this one.

Posted (edited)

Might not be such a bad thing. More control in the midfield for Leicester means blunting their counter. Was effective for United so should be even more effective for Liverpool. Besides, the game is at Anfield. That always gives the Liverpool players a huge boost and I don't see any team other than Man City having a glimmer of hope of winning at Anfield. 

Edited by Consigliere

Posted (edited)

Gini and Milner have both been very bad. Actively destroying attacks. Would like to see Naby

Edit:  :dunno::D

Edited by Mark Antony

Posted (edited)

I'd still take Milner off, but nice pass for Mane.

Mane's had a great half, playing mostly on the right and putting in a great shift defensively.

Edited by Soylent Brown

And that is why Milner is still in the team.

Milner had a better second half, whereas Wijnaldum was poor so it made sense to hook him, and, yeah, glad to have Milner on in that situation.

A bit lucky today.

1 minute ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

So Liverpool got a soft penalty in Fergie time? :leaving:

Anyway, I haven't seen the game (canceled the Sky sub). Was it really that bad a call?

No.Definite contact.Mane may have sold it a bit.

Phew...that was close.We had 8 shots on target.Need to take the chances and finish the game off early.But a massive 3 points and pressure back on Man City.